Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know, I just like the karma in it all. The Flames have literally never had a good draft pick to actually allow blossoming into a promising career. We've spent plenty of time hoping prospects turn out well and they're mostly busts. It's either bad scouting or poor development, and tbh I'd wager towards drafting/scouting. Guy would've fit perfectly into our decimated defense core too. Oh well, combination of not wanting to play for a team + wanting to play for the team his dad? (I think) played for. They even gave Mikael Backlund time to play with Alex Tanguay and Jarome Inginla last year and he coulden't really hang. Prospects get their time with the team especially last year with the amount of injuries we had going around.

Sorry didn't mean to sound so offensive in my first post, I was just sorta confused to why you think Calgary doesn't allow young talent to work its way into the lineup. I still am but not as much.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-24 at 10:21 AM.

On another note. The days go by. Will we see a lockout? Is it a fallacy to assume that the chances increase as each day goes by?
    It might be a strange thing for many of you to think about, but it would be the cause of one of the most enjoyable seasons in many European leagues, so many are hoping for just that. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, its time for everyone's favorite weekly segment "Are the Coyotes going to get sold anytime in the fucking future or not?"

Shane Doan met with Jamison yesterday and told him he would extend his deadline to Friday for Jamison to make "significant progress" in actually getting the deal to buy the team done. Apparently he walked away from that conversation with absolutely no assurance at all that a sale is going to happen prior to then or at all involving Jamison.
    Jamison wants Doan to re-sign with Coyotes but still can’t say a purchase of the team is a done deal.
    The Coyotes are now selling tickets for next season so it looks like the Yotes will be around for one more season in Glendale whether Jamison manages to finally buy them or not. Then again, Atlanta was trying to sell season ticket plans the day after the team had been sold and moved to Winnipeg so who the hell knows what could happen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Preds match the Weber offer sheet, right move imo.

I've also given up thinking Phoenix is moving, NHL has fought too hard to keep them there. I've learned to not think they're gonna move until it's actually official.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-24 at 07:28 PM.

Yea, they needed to keep him. I would've liked to have him but oh well. Love how people on reddit are calling for us to get doan or ryan now that we didnt get weber...offense isnt our problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvendor View Post
    Yea, they needed to keep him. I would've liked to have him but oh well. Love how people on reddit are calling for us to get doan or ryan now that we didnt get weber...offense isnt our problem.
    Now its time to chase Colaiacovo, Rozsival, or Gilroy. Real surprised Carlo Colaiacovo is still a UFA. Hopefully this Weber contract doesn't financially decimate the Preds like it probably is going to with all of the upfront money.

Jeff Finger is also around if you're in the mood for someone who was once thought to be good who became awful.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-24 at 08:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This provided a good 10mins entertainment...

http://twitter.com/search/%23HockeyPlayerSexPositions

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I think it would be hilarious if Nashville decided to troll Weber by matching the offer.
    Poile, you magnificent trolling bastard. I honestly didn't think they'd match, even though they kind of had to, because it basically empties their pockets. Now I'm just wondering who stays in Nashville longer, Weber or the Predators.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

i liked - Undress her with your mitts and then slip it in her back door - the Pavel Datsyuk

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Poile, you magnificent trolling bastard. I honestly didn't think they'd match, even though they kind of had to, because it basically empties their pockets. Now I'm just wondering who stays in Nashville longer, Weber or the Predators.
    Basically it came down to if they didn't sign him they were going to lose fan support, then corporate support, and then you know what happens after that. They did bring in the Billionaire from Canada for this kind of stuff so lets see how it goes from here.

I'm honestly shocked they did it, I never thought they would.

15+ Year Old Account
    this cracked me up too - Fighting off 2 other guys, just to get a tip in. The Tomas Holmstrom. #HockeyPlayerSexPositions
    tell me that aint the truth.

Thanks Fuzzy lol, only gave it a quick glance but seems like it'll be entertaining.

I'm just waiting to see what the Flyers attempt to pull out of their ass next and if it will even work out. People want them to go for Yandle now, as well as Doan and Ryan. I've even seen someone asking if they should offer-sheet Subban or trade for Bouwmeester (sp?). I'll just wait it out now instead of possibly getting my hopes up anymore.

Deleted
    Thanks Poile, that makes me a happy pony. I really, really wanted them to match.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Fuzzy lol, only gave it a quick glance but seems like it'll be entertaining.

I'm just waiting to see what the Flyers attempt to pull out of their ass next and if it will even work out. People want them to go for Yandle now, as well as Doan and Ryan. I've even seen someone asking if they should offer-sheet Subban or trade for Bouwmeester (sp?). I'll just wait it out now instead of possibly getting my hopes up anymore.
    Holy shit Subban is still an RFA. WTF Philly, poach the shit out of him right now. Talk about another guy who fits perfectly into their system and playstyle. Fuck it, send the exact same offer sheet to Montreal.

If I had to put money on it I would say Doan will wind up in Detroit. He contacted the Wings July 1st and told them he would be interested in coming to Detroit but wanted to give Phoenix the chance to play out. He expressed interest in joining them last trade deadline. As for Ryan, who the hell knows. If the Wings were offering Filps for Nash they absolutely should offer him for Ryan. Anaheim wants a second line center and he is pretty much exactly that. I'd be fine with sending any prospect but Brunner, Nyquist, or Smith which would include blue chip guys like Ouellet, Sheahan, etc. depending on what positions they are looking for in prospects.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-24 at 11:38 PM.

Yea, I dont know what we'd be willing to give up but I know whenever teams ask for Couts and Schenn its pretty much an immediate no. I feel so bad for not really knowing a lot of defensive players or who would fit in with the Flyers but I guess I dont pay as much attention to teams or the NHL as a whole as I thought I might have (other than those I follow). I wasnt sure if Subban would be a fit but then again, I havent watched how he plays or anything.

I know Doan said he enjoyed his visit to the Flyers facilities but we cant take that to mean much other than it was a nice visit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I dont know what we'd be willing to give up but I know whenever teams ask for Couts and Schenn its pretty much an immediate no. I feel so bad for not really knowing a lot of defensive players or who would fit in with the Flyers but I guess I dont pay as much attention to teams or the NHL as a whole as I thought I might have (other than those I follow). I wasnt sure if Subban would be a fit but then again, I havent watched how he plays or anything.

I know Doan said he enjoyed his visit to the Flyers facilities but we cant take that to mean much other than it was a nice visit.
    Subban is a tough bastard. He is the grainy asshole type Philly always loves. Great defensively, good offensively. He is the Habs main PP gunner and their main PK stalwart. Plus he is 23.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

Bahahahaha I am dying over here, seriously.

Interesting interview from Brett Wilson ( minority owner of the Preds ) for anyone interested.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on_demand/

15+ Year Old Account
    is it hockey season yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    is it hockey season yet?
    There should be Field Hockey at the Olympics, but that's about it.