Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    They actually have a good amount of defensive prospects. They also didn't give up a whole lot to get Iginla, the guys we got from them are pretty lowball prospects and their draft pick is 27-29th I believe. I think Pittsburgh only has like 3 picks and none in the first 2 rounds. The best part is they're paying Fleury 5 million per season and still have him until the end of 2014-2015 season. One thing is obvious, their defense are super slow. That combined with sub par goaltending is holding them back from being able to seal the deal. You can hate the organization but Sherro has done a pretty impressive job of assembling a decent team. There is good young defensemen coming up in the system to restock the shelves too.

My situation is a bit different since my team sucks dick and wasn't managed well post 2004 playoff run. I would kill to have a roster/prospects as good as the Penguins right now.
    Their main problem for next year is that they'll likely only be able to sign one of Malkin and Letang. I mean, maybe they get them both, but it'd require some maneuvering with the cap, and it'd handcuff them a bit for the next few years. That, plus they'll be losing Iginla and Morrow who are just rentals for this year. I think Dupuis and Kunitz are also free agents this coming offseason. They basically went all in to win the cup this year, and if they fail they'll have a lot of tough decisions to make. Their defensive prospects are very good, but wasn't Joe Morrow one of their best and they sent him for Brendan? And, as far as I know, they don't have any good goaltending prospects, and clearly the Fleury/Vokoun combo is not cutting it. It will be an interesting offseason if they end up losing, the team they field next year very well may be very different from the one we're seeing right now.

Anyways, if anybody had told me heading into this series that Boston would outscore Pittsburgh 9-1 in the first two games, I would've called them an idiot. And yet, here we are...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Dupuis is good at the little things, but honestly Crosby will make anyone better regardless of who is put next to him. I think trying to resign Iginla will be a priority for them. Cooke shouldn't even be in the league. Kennedy will be interesting. They'll likely choose between Morrow and Murray, but Murray is a UFA and going wherever he pleases.
    If they buy someone out don't they have to still pay a portion that goes against their cap? I guess resigning Iginla is more realistic than I thought if they do decide to buy out Fleury but they're gonna be very tight against that cap. At least Iggy wants to go back there next year so I'm assuming they'll get him at a bit of a discount. Miller's current cap hit is 6.2m per and Luongo's is 6.7m. Cap next year is 64,300,000$ and they are already at 61,010,000$ It's a tricky situation but I imagine they dump Jokinen or (try) to get rid of Martin to shed some of that cap. Sticky situation, I'm interested to see how they handle it.

@Raleik; Simon Despres, Derrick Pouliot, Scott Harrington, and Olli Maata are their big defensive prospects. They don't really have any goaltenders coming up so I assume they go after either Ryan Miller or Roberto Luongo via trade. Mike Smith is out there as well as a UFA and might be the best option of those 3. I think they'll actively pursue a goalie though as mediocre / terrible goalies have been their bane since they won the cup.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-06-04 at 03:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i think zuluslayer might have taken up residence in the blues hole for this game. this is just bad.
    I hope pens wins but i'am not a fan.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Crosby played 23 minutes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was also the first time all season he didn't have a point in 2 straight games (besides the injury of course) according to the CBC aftershow

10+ Year Old Account
    game 2 in Chicago was pretty lame, but at least I'm not a Pens fan

[qoute]
    your wrong.
    boston didnt "Steal" a game away.
    they TOOK it.
    they walked into pittsburgh, beat the shit out of everything between them and two wins, and walked out. unscathed (Sans that 1 goal). they absolutely dominated games 1 and 2 and deserved both wins.
    that is not stealing a game or two.[/QUOTE]

This was before saturday dude... noone knew what was going to happen so relax

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    also letang and malkin are UFA the next year so they got to look at resigning those two players.
    put bluntly, if they dont turn things around and win it all this year, they are busted. well they are busted either way, but least they get a cup out of it if they win it this year.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 10:46 PM ----------

your wrong.
    they TOOK it.
    they walked into pittsburgh, beat the shit out of everything between them and two wins, and walked out. unscathed (Sans that 1 goal). they absolutely dominated games 1 and 2 and deserved both wins.
    that is not stealing a game or two.
    Malkin isn't. Remember he signed that long term deal the same time as Crosby

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    [qoute]
    your wrong.
    they TOOK it.
    that is not stealing a game or two.
    This was before saturday dude... noone knew what was going to happen so relax[/QUOTE]

my point was that you said "we didnt just steal 1, we stole 2.
    the bruins didnt steal anything. they took. and they took. and they took.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 05:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Malkin isn't. Remember he signed that long term deal the same time as Crosby
    http://capgeek.com/penguins/
    Malkins a UFA after next season.

man that pittsburgh/boston game was so much of a nailbiter i had to turn off the game so i didnt become a nervous wreck, can any pittsburgh fans tell me what the final score was?
    As a bruins fan, I salute you kind sir!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    As a bruins fan, I salute you kind sir!
    it was just a joke, as is we don't have any pens fans who regularly come to this board, which is quite nice.
    i still dont think this ends in a sweep, i think it ends in 5.

it was just a joke, as is we don't have any pens fans who regularly come to this board, which is quite nice.
    i still dont think this ends in a sweep, i think it ends in 5.
    I think it's 5 or 6. I understood the sarcasasm/joke hence why you win the interwebs in this thread. I actually laughed out loud when I read it.

Definitely an interesting series. Anything that makes the Nothing But Crosby announcers nearly weep with frustration is a good thing. Only let-down so far is the fact that Cooke hasn't been taken out on a stretcher yet.

It also strikes me as odd that Malkin and Bergeron weren't given game misconducts for their post-period fight in game 1. That isn't a ref-discretion call.

15+ Year Old Account
    The pens are utterly broken.

B's in 4, and hopefully LA can stretch it out so we can rest up to take on (and destroy) Chicago.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

B's in 4, and hopefully LA can stretch it out so we can rest up to take on (and destroy) Chicago.
    Everyone keeps saying Chi-Bos final when were only 2 games into the 3rd round. Dont count LA and Pitt out until they're actually out, they can both show up at any point. With all the momentum the Hawks have right now I want to say we can put a dent in LA's home record, but Quick is just a monster at home... Im just saying dont get ahead of yourself, its 1 game at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Everyone keeps saying Chi-Bos final when were only 2 games into the 3rd round. Dont count LA and Pitt out until they're actually out
    the Kings lost 2 on the road, they can still come back and make this a series, the Pens lost 2 at home, they look like they're screwed

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

Very cocky you are. Destroy Chicago?

Least you forget you were down 3 goals with 10 minutes to go in game 7 against Toronto? Or perhaps you have forgotten the 3-0 series lead you had on Philly 3 years back? Momentum can switch very quickly in a hockey series.

Edit: I really like that capgeek site. I wished it worked for all sports.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-06-04 at 03:40 PM.

I love how everyone always references the pilly 3-0 thats all people can ever reference too... for the billionth time

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Very cocky you are. Destroy Chicago?

Least you forget you were down 3 goals with 10 minutes to go in game 7 against Toronto? Or perhaps you have forgotten the 3-0 series lead you had on Philly 3 years back? Momentum can switch very quickly in a hockey series.

Edit: I really like that capgeek site. I wished it worked for all sports.
    The pens haven't done themselves any favors losing the first games at home, especially since history shows that's a pretty hard to come back from, but stranger things have happened. That's why teams have to win 4 games.

That said, I'm still distraught and disgusted. Sandwiching the most recent Game of Thrones episode with two pens losses has made it a rough few days

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Everyone keeps saying Chi-Bos final when were only 2 games into the 3rd round. Dont count LA and Pitt out until they're actually out, they can both show up at any point. With all the momentum the Hawks have right now I want to say we can put a dent in LA's home record, but Quick is just a monster at home... Im just saying dont get ahead of yourself, its 1 game at a time.
    Everyone keeps stating the statistically safe bet, which means they haven't watched a whole lot of hockey. Upsets and comebacks aren't exactly rarities in this sport

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I love how everyone always references the pilly 3-0 thats all people can ever reference too... for the billionth time
    B's have had their share of chokes... being up 3-1 over Montreal and still losing quite a few years ago is another epic choke that Boston fans probably remember.