10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that fact free agency is moved to the 5th.. With the rain we're having here.. Canada Day is gonna be even worse

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Night before the draft, feels like I'm waiting for Christmas morning here. I'm so excited and scared to see what Feaster pulls off, I've heard a ton of rumours with Seguin's name being mentioned quite a bit. I doubt we have much of a deal but the rumour is Johnny Gaudreau + 6th overall for Seguin which seems like an amazing deal but I'm not sure why he would want to come to Calgary. Does he have a NTC? Anyways, hoping we take Lindholm at 6, Morrissey at 22 and Petan at 28, that would be ideal for me as a Flames fan. Wondering if Nikushkin falls to 6 and if we take him, huge upside but Russian factor rears it's ugly head again.
    Seguin's got a modified NTC, probably the one where he can name X unacceptable teams, but it doesn't kick in until 2017 so they could still move him if they really wanted to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    http://photos.rush.com/Rush2013/Chic...2442&k=4Mg7KCR

Apparently Carcillo brought the Cup to the show. I think that's pretty sweet to be honest. I am going to see them next Saturday in Hamilton, love their music and they always amaze me live.
    Haha figured it'd be the Carbomb. He had a one time thing here on WGN radio where he did his own music for an hour or two & was all good classic/hard rock! Was some good listening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Letang and the Pens finally agreed on that $58 million 8 year deal. In 2014 they have around $44 million tied up in 7 players. That seems absurdly top heavy.

Fun fact from Cap Geek: In 2014-15, the Pens will have $1.17 million to spend per roster spot outside of the 8 guys under contract.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-06-30 at 03:50 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bobrovsky could be on the move. Apparently the BJ's don't want to pay him 6 millions year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bobrovsky could be on the move. Apparently the BJ's don't want to pay him 6 millions year.
    Can't really blame them for that one. While he was amazing this year, he hasn't proven quite yet that he can be that good consistently. And, after the whole Mason deal they just went through, I totally understand not wanting to risk making the same mistake twice. It's a shame though. It'd be nice if they could work out a one year deal for like 4 mill, and if he's good again give him the big contract he's looking for.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the last dynasty to exist lasted from roughly 1996-2002 in the form the red wings. won't happen again in the cap era.
    The Hawks would only have to win 1 more cup in the next 2 years to match the Wings during that period, certainly not impossible and very doable. And the fact that it is post cap makes it all that more impressive.

What we won't see again is the Montreal, NYIslander, Edmonton ridiculous dynasties.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-06-30 at 05:30 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Can't really blame them for that one. While he was amazing this year, he hasn't proven quite yet that he can be that good consistently. And, after the whole Mason deal they just went through, I totally understand not wanting to risk making the same mistake twice. It's a shame though. It'd be nice if they could work out a one year deal for like 4 mill, and if he's good again give him the big contract he's looking for.
    Columbus won't ever pay a big contract again. Kinda like Toronto, they won't ever pay guys more then 6 million unless they are absolutely elite. Just look at how the Pens have fucked themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Letang and the Pens finally agreed on that $58 million 8 year deal. In 2014 they have around $44 million tied up in 7 players. That seems absurdly top heavy.

Fun fact from Cap Geek: In 2014-15, the Pens will have $1.17 million to spend per roster spot outside of the 8 guys under contract.
    how the hell do they expect to have a team?

10+ Year Old Account
    i was excited to watch the draft on tsn.. then i saw Pierre Mcguire

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Yay MacKinnon first overall!

Not sure if Tampa will take Drouin now though...
    red panda red panda red panda!

MacKinnon goes first - no real surprise there.
    Barkov goes second - not a huge surprise, but still a surprise. Florida could use the Centre, but is it worth passing up on Jones and trying to move one of your other prospects?
    Druoin to Tampa at third - again not a surprise.

Congrats to Nashville on being the 2nd lottery winner of the draft?
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2013-06-30 at 07:22 PM.

How in Gods name do we end up with Jones? Well our defense is pretty much set and its going to be damn good one. Jones will be on the second pairing with Klein will be my guess, don't see him knocking Josi off to be with Weber.

Defense was kind of rough for us last year, if Jones plays up to par we may have the best defense top to bottom in the league on paper. Could also let us move a couple of the defensive prospects for some offensive power.

Ya, getting Jones at 4 is just silly. I understand the mentality of drafting what you need, but I seriously question Florida picking Barkov over Jones. You could do so much with the #2 with Jones available. Take him and flip him, use the #2 to get a #1 Centre from somewhere in the league as well as a prospect or something. I dunno... there's got to be a reason Florida has been bad to mediocre for so many years, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jones/Weber pair is going to be scary.

Nieddereiter (I have no idea how to spell that) to Minnesota for Clutterbuck.

I like this trade for the Isles - guy who wasn't doing what they'd hoped for a guy where you know what you're going to get game in game out.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 03:58 PM ----------

Schneider to NJ for #9 pick. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Jones/Weber pair is going to be scary.
    Don't see Jones on the top pairing with Weber, Josi played well there last year and earning something goes a long way with Trotz.

I could be wrong but Trotz usually doesn't like to throw rookies to the wolves either. Klein needs someone that can bring the puck up the ice to complement his game and Jones brings that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did not see that coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Vancouver gets rid of Schenider

The part that kills me about this is how much Gillis was holding out for in Luongo trades. And then he goes and pretty much gives Schneider away? Jay Feaster suddenly doesn't look like the runaway candidate for worst GM in the league.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 04:04 PM ----------

At least they made a good pick afterwards... but fuck. Couldn't get the Devils to throw in a prospect or a top-9 forward with a small contract?