Catching up to this thread...

It's funny to read all the predictions of washington vs detroit in the finals

it has always been destined to be Vancouver - Boston, deal with it.

San Hosey will push us to 6 tops, Sedins will wake up against a team that wants to run and gun with them and doesn't have the studs on defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    San Hosey will push us to 6 tops, Sedins will wake up against a team that wants to run and gun with them and doesn't have the studs on defense.
    You mean like Chicago....?
    By your logic Vancouver is fucked. Detroit nor San Jose have lacking defenses.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Vancouver is not fucked, Detroit on the other hand...
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I think their most pressing issue is the goal-tending, theyve got a really deep offensive group and I think they could move a few pieces to secure that spot.
    Without a good defense most goalies is fucked. Bobo was a good goalie overall and i've seen the lack of defense in Philly really getting to him this season.. And sadly the blame goes on him. Sure he's had a few bad goals here and there, but hes still learning. i've seen way worse.
    Just so sad seing them blaming it on lack of stable goalies when they clearly got FA Defense play. and its been an overall bigger issue than the goalies, just seems they wont admit it, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    Is that what you think or do you just really, really, really hate Boston?
    I'm going with the latter. Ever since Montreal was eliminated all of their posts have sounded like a butt hurt Habs fan.

Anyways, I see this going to a game 7. I doubt it will be easy for either team. And I will honestly be happy with the outcome either way. Obviously I want Boston to take it, but I'd be totally fine with Tampa.

Also, WTB Detroit comeback and an Original Six match up in the Cup Finals. Make it happen Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    You mean like Chicago....?
    Where Daniel scored 5 goals?

ps: detroit.

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Detroit nor San Jose have lacking defenses.
    Seriously, dude?

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    Is that what you think or do you just really, really, really hate Boston?
    Hahahaha i was about to say.

But still losing Bergeron for at least 3-4 games severely hurts the bruins.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

5pm start time? Why?

15+ Year Old Account
    5pm start time? Why?
    Because it is Saturday and the NHL has the worst scheduling department ever. Also because, the NHL only cares about US ratings but this point applies regardless, the overwhelming majority of population both in the US and Canada are East of Chicago. They would rather partially inconvenience you Westies in order to prop up their ratings with the East Coasters who wouldn't stick around as heavily for a 10 start.

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Where Daniel scored 5 goals?

ps: detroit.

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 08:48 PM ----------

Seriously, dude?
    Says the person whose team nearly blew a 3-0 lead to an 8th seed Chicago team that backed into the playoffs.

Do the Canucks actually get better if Samuelsson is off the ice with an injury? I think so. Isn't producing offensively and gave away the shorthanded goal earlier. Remember when he was a second-third line player in Detroit then left for the big money and became a "first line" player in Vancouver aka that guy who plays with the Sedins and moooches off their awesomness? I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Kesler goal

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya, the Preds are fucked.
    Edit: Unrelated to hockey, but wtf. I go out to eat with my parent's for mothers day. Drive 4 hours total and I miss Verlander throwing a 27 batter no-hitter.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-05-08 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Remember when he was a second-third line player in Detroit then left for the big money and became a "first line" player in Vancouver aka that guy who plays with the Sedins and moooches off their awesomness? I do.
    Wonder what team is better this season.

LOL

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:59 AM ----------

@Preds fans, sorry but your team is getting outclassed in every aspect this series. The one game the preds won was from a lucky bounce that sent it into overtime. Maybe next year boys. On the bright side, your guys' series score will match detroit's when they lose to the sharks tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what team is better this season.

LOL

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:59 AM ----------

@Preds fans, sorry but your team is getting outclassed in every aspect this series. The one game the preds won was from a lucky bounce that sent it into overtime. Maybe next year boys. On the bright side, your guys' series score will match detroit's when they lose to the sharks tomorrow.
    Well since things are getting hostile, you ever go to the Hockey Hall of Fame Cine? Tell you what man, that place sure is great. Best exhibit is the trophy hall with all the NHL award replicas. Looking at the Stanley Cup for your teams plaques is great. Reading all those legendary player names you never got to see play and those names of players you still get to see but are now recorded for future generations to come and look at. Looking at all 10 (11 now as they won one since the last time I was there) of those plaques for the Red Wings and seeing legendary names like Lidstrom, Yzerman, Konstantiov, Fedorov, Larionov, that I grew up watching and legends of yesteryear like Ted Lindsey, Gordie Howe, Terry Sawchuck, and Red Kelly. It sends chills up your spine. I imagine it is a lot like the feeling you would get seeing Mark Messier's name on the Cup all six times he won it. Sure you guys don't have any plaques of your own on there, but at least you can see the names of players who played for the Canucks from their wins on other teams.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-05-08 at 01:19 AM.

Live in the present, man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Live in the present, man.
    Yes, but forget not the lessons that the past has to teach.

That lesson being that Vancouver has as many Cup appearances and wins as the Florida Panthers.

Nashville has gotten so many lucky breaks, it's ridiculous. I swear there's been at least 4 trash goals like that by the Preds this series, but I guess that's hockey sometimes.

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 01:31 AM ----------

Because it is Saturday and the NHL has the worst scheduling department ever. Also because, the NHL only cares about US ratings but this point applies regardless, the overwhelming majority of population both in the US and Canada are East of Chicago. They would rather partially inconvenience you Westies in order to prop up their ratings with the East Coasters who wouldn't stick around as heavily for a 10 start.

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 08:41 PM ----------

Says the person whose team nearly blew a 3-0 lead to an 8th seed Chicago team that backed into the playoffs.

Do the Canucks actually get better if Samuelsson is off the ice with an injury? I think so. Isn't producing offensively and gave away the shorthanded goal earlier. Remember when he was a second-third line player in Detroit then left for the big money and became a "first line" player in Vancouver aka that guy who plays with the Sedins and moooches off their awesomness? I do.
    Samuelsson was kept mainly because he was a play-off performer, but this year he has been shit. I dont want to wish injury on any player but it's going to to be nice seeing Edler or maybe Salo manning the point on the powerplay now.

Hhahahahahhahaha Tootoo. Such a goof. Chinese looking native thinking he's tough? Get out Matt Cooke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nashville has gotten so many lucky breaks, it's ridiculous. I swear there's been at least 4 trash goals like that by the Preds this series, but I guess that's hockey sometimes.
    Oh come on its not like they threw a puck over the net and bounced it in off a Canuck D-man. Oh wait
    Well, its not like they threw a puck in from the corner below the goal line and had it go in off the goalies skate to send the game to OT. Oh wait
    Well, its not like they had a puck deflect off a linesman and go in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but forget not the lessons that the past has to teach.

That lesson being that Vancouver has as many Cup appearances and wins as the Florida Panthers.
    Actually, Vancouver has twice as many Cup appearances as Florida.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Actually, Vancouver has twice as many Cup appearances as Florida.
    Omg you are right. I only remembered the Linden powered run in the early 90s. I totally forgot they made it to the Cup in 82 as a sub-.500 team (what is this the NBA) that somehow had home ice advantage because even worse teams made the playoffs that season.

Edit: Omg I knew the 82 playoff run was bad, but WTF. Their 3 games under .500 record was actually good in that season. The Kings made the playoffs (and won their first round) at 17 games under .500 (24-41-15). The Wales conference and only the Islanders in the Campbell were so much better than the entire rest of the Campbell. Ridonklous.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-05-08 at 01:45 AM.