Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except for not seeing Bolland who scored the goal.

Knuckles has been pretty damn good tonight. Indeed a nice problem to have.

I seriously hope Lupul isn't injured already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Except for not seeing Bolland who scored the goal.

Knuckles has been pretty damn good tonight. Indeed a nice problem to have.
    That wasn't Lecavalier's man though. He was on Lupul and then Schenn went after the puck, forgetting Bolland.

- - - Updated - - -

and for the love of god Mason. Do you have to sway all over and almost fall over on every save?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto's D seems to have woken up in the third which is a good thing. The whole team looked asleep the first two periods.

YEAP we're gonna be seeing a LOT of Ray Emery in the coming weeks.

Sorry Drikk, Philly outplayed us for most of the game but we definitely had the better third period.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bolland with a pair, Kessel scored and Knuckles was really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Sorry Drikk, Philly outplayed us for most of the game but we definitely had the better third period.
    This was the Steve Mason from the 2nd year of his career until he showed up in Philly. This Steve Mason is the reason we got Emery.

Bolland with a pair, Kessel scored and Knuckles was really impressive.
    Hopefully it's the start of a Kessel Run.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man that Samuelsson tip was beautiful, watching the highlights on TSN.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    This was the Steve Mason from the 2nd year of his career until he showed up in Philly. This Steve Mason is the reason we got Emery.
    I don't think you can really blame him for the first two goals. Kessel's I couldn't even follow on the TV during the replay and Bolland was left wide open right in front of the net.

Hopefully it's the start of a Kessel Run.
    *groan*

/10

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you can really blame him for the first two goals. Kessel's I couldn't even follow on the TV during the replay and Bolland was left wide open right in front of the net.
    The goals weren't, but he didn't look solid on ANY of the plays. You saw how he almost gave up TWO goals on dump ins, right? He was on his ass trying to make saves half the time.

*groan*

/10

- - - Updated - - -

The goals weren't, but he didn't look solid on ANY of the plays. You saw how he almost gave up TWO goals on dump ins, right? He was on his ass trying to make saves half the time.
    He wasn't spectacular, but he kept the team in the game. To be fair, you guys had just about the equivalent of a period on the power play and only scored once. I agree Emery will likely start, but I just thought it sounded like you were blaming Mason for the loss tonight and I don't really think it's on him.

Glad to see our PK team doing as well as last year.

He wasn't spectacular, but he kept the team in the game. To be fair, you guys had just about the equivalent of a period on the power play and only scored once. I agree Emery will likely start, but I just thought it sounded like you were blaming Mason for the loss tonight and I don't really think it's on him.

Glad to see our PK team doing as well as last year.
    No, there were a lot of problems, but he did not help matters in the slightest.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Odds are it could have been a 5-0 game if Toronto had fresh legs tonight, Bernier stole the game for us until the team started playing better later in the second. Mason did well considering the offense he had to face can be dangerous.

Apparently Bodie was given first star at NHL.com. What the?

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy who did the scheduling needs to be executed. Who the fuck schedules back to back games the first week of the season?
    at least its a good opportunity to see early on what both goaltenders are capable of

Odds are it could have been a 5-0 game if Toronto had fresh legs tonight, Bernier stole the game for us until the team started playing better later in the second. Mason did well considering the offense he had to face can be dangerous.
    It's the second damn game of the season. If fatigue is getting to you through 1/82 of a season, you've got some big problems.

It's the second damn game of the season. If fatigue is getting to you through 1/82 of a season, you've got some big problems.
    Try playing back to back nights, if one team gets a rest and the other played a game the day before, it is noticeable to say the least. Oh and calling Kadri on interference? Hell no, he got tripped up by the Philly defense and was falling at the time. Ref even waved off any possible discussion of it right away because it was so blatant.

Hell yea Leafs, good start to the season! Bern was INSANE in the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Try playing back to back nights, if one team gets a rest and the other played a game the day before, it is noticeable to say the least. Oh and calling Kadri on interference? Hell no, he got tripped up by the Philly defense and was falling at the time. Ref even waved off any possible discussion of it right away because it was so blatant.

Hell yea Leafs, good start to the season! Bern was INSANE in the net.
    Wasn't saying he should have been called for a penalty. I was saying that if it weren't for the fact that he got flipped over towards Mason by Mason's own defender, Mason probably makes the save.