15+ Year Old Account
    Love Vancouver booing Colin Campbell's kid.

2012 NHL Playoffs will be about the NEW JERSEY DEVILS!

LETS GO DEVILS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus View Post

LETS GO DEVILS
    played great down the stretch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Love Vancouver booing Colin Campbell's kid.
    "Sins of the father"

15+ Year Old Account

LETS GO DEVILS
    Maybe if they sign Parise and don't absolutely piss the guy off. Ya lets go to arbitration with our best player instead of signing him to a contract he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    played great down the stretch
    They just need a coach that everybody likes. MacLean didn't help the first half of the season as much as the Devils said "it isn't the coaching."

Lemaire came on and the Devils were the best team for the 2nd half of the season... Not a coaching issue?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Maybe if they sign Parise and don't absolutely piss the guy off. Ya lets go to arbitration with our best player instead of signing him to a contract he deserves.
    While I agree that Parise deserves a contract on par with what Kovalchuk is getting, the fact remains. He didn't play for 7/8's of the season. He's definitely my favorite Devil, though.
    Last edited by Jimmus; 2011-06-16 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just need a coach that everybody likes. McClane didn't help the first half of the season as much as the Devils said "it isn't the coaching."

Lemaire came on and the Devils were the best team for the 2nd half of the season... Not a coaching issue?
    i don't think it was a coaching problem, slow starts by their core players, kolva, brodeur struggled. some key injuries.. and that roster problem because of that bad contract with kolva.. didn't help

Damn Vancouver Fans are rude as shit

10+ Year Old Account
    At least now I can shave off my playoff beard. It's been irritating the hell out of me since early round two. Keep getting mustache hair in my mouth while I'm trying to eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Hurricanes next year, well I guess we could make the playoffs at least since we still have Erik Stall and Jeff Skinner, not to sure about Cam Ward though.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    They just need a coach that everybody likes. McClane didn't help the first half of the season as much as the Devils said "it isn't the coaching."

While I agree that Parise deserves a contract on par with what Kovalchuk is getting, the fact remains. He didn't play for 7/8's of the season. He's definitely my favorite Devil, though.
    No way does he deserve Kovy money. Kovy doesn't deserve Kovy money lol.

I still think they will end up hiring Hitchcock. Great coach with a wealth of experience and plays a New Jersey friendly style.

Considering the last time they lost the cup they went on a drunken rampage this is a major improvement

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Go Hurricanes next year, well I guess we could make the playoffs at least since we still have Erik Stall and Jeff Skinner, not to sure about Cam Ward though.
    Cam is signed for like the next 5 or 6 seasons. He'll be back lol. True story, I checked Capgeek to confirm that, saw the Erik Staal contract and choked from laughing while eating a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i don't think it was a coaching problem, slow starts by their core players, kolva, brodeur struggled. some key injuries.. and that roster problem because of that bad contract with kolva.. didn't help
    It was Kovy who had an issue with MacLean, and that was a huuuuge part of the "slow start." I remember early in the season when McClane gave Kovy a healthy scratch. They were having issues in the locker room for sure. You can't have your star player hate the coach and expect the rest of the team to play as well as they could behind said star player.

As far as injuries go, the Devils were well on their way to .15 win percentage before their key players got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Cam ward loves the canes to much to leave

CBC just showed a flipped over car burning in the streets of vancouver. Sigh, here we go....

10+ Year Old Account
    Two years in a row I have correctly picked one team to make the Finals, and both times, that team won

Next Year I'm thinking.... Philly (If they sign Bryzgalov) vs San Jose.

Gratz to Boston, Canucks scoring only eight goals in the entire series pretty much sums it up.

Nice one Boston. I don't think there's any doubt about who should have won that tonight. Great series, great playoff run.