15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Mark Stone is an excellent prospect, very highly underrated. He was one of the best players in the World Junior's tournament this year, the kid is going to certainly be good once he develops. He is a fairly big boy at 6'3 and he has only gotten better in his junior career, having a career season with 41 goals and 82 assists for the Brandon Wheat Kings this year, the kid had 296 points in his junior career. Expect him to play for Binghamton next season and get some time developing, unless he makes the team out of camp next year.
    No kidding, that pass was awesome especially taking into account the nerves that MUST be there not only from playing his first NHL game but it also being game 5 in a playoff series. I'm excited to watch the kid develop.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    If you would have told me that Detroit would get eliminated in round 1, Pittsburgh and Vancouver would be on the verge of elimination in Round one, Washington would be keeping Boston in check AND beating them, the Rangers would be having trouble against Ottawa and Florida would actually be giving the Devils a run for their money... I would have laughed.

However if you told me Vancouver would start using Schneider to start two straight games because they lost confidence in Lu (again), I'd probably nod in agreement.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Lundqvist and Anderson, the only reason this game hasn't turned into a Pens/Flyers game, so many chances

Way too excessive of a punishment for that hit. I guess his prior history got the better of him.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    Lundqvist and Anderson, the only reason this game hasn't turned into a Pens/Flyers game, so many chances
    Lundqvist has kept the Rangers in too many games they should have lost. Rangers need to get the damn puck on goal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Lundqvist has kept the Rangers in too many games they should have lost. Rangers need to get the damn puck on goal.
    The Rangers are playing their game but the Sens have adjusted well and I have to give them credit for not getting frustrated. Lundqvist has been spectacular though, game 3 was definitely won on his shoulders. The Rangers definitely need to adjust their style a little bit to win this one because the Rangers style of giving the opposition the perimeter and allowing them to have possession is good for them but the Sens are great from the perimeter and have a real knack for staying in it for 60 minutes and that is posing a problem for the Rangers.
    Last edited by Enders; 2012-04-22 at 01:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey Chat is up for folks if interested.

Really impressed by the Panthers fight right now. Grats to them on going up 3-2. Plus there was an automatic empty net goal and I can't remember the last time I saw that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    The Rangers are playing their game but the Sens have adjusted well and I have to give them credit for not getting frustrated. Lundqvist has been spectacular though, game 3 was definitely won on his shoulders. The Rangers definitely need to adjust their style a little bit to win this one because the Rangers style of giving the opposition the perimeter and allowing them to have possession is good for them but the Sens are great from the perimeter and have a real knack for staying in it for 60 minutes and that is posing a problem for the Rangers.
    That's the problem, the Rangers game is 45minutes. The need to play a full 60.

EDIT: And Anderson is having the game tonight that Lundqvist had in Game 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    That's the problem, the Rangers game is 45minutes. The need to play a full 60.

EDIT: And Anderson is having the game tonight that Lundqvist had in Game 3.
    I was actually just thinking that, it's just like game 3 but in reverse.

Edit: There's the empty netter with 55 seconds to go.
    Last edited by Enders; 2012-04-22 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rangers playoff hockey is so pathetic lol But they will always be my team...

I torture myself with the Knicks every year too.

Wow, Blues just came from behind, fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit eliminated - another hard first round for the Wings. As a Leafs fan, I say welcome to the golf courses.
    Also of note is the thrashing Boston is taking - 3-2 now against Washington; it's looking pretty grim for the defending Stanley Cup champs.

Ottawa is now leading the series against the serious contender (and runner up) to the president's trophy, which is pretty amazing - but there's still a game ahead, they need to keep their focus on that game and not get ahead of themselves. I'd really like to see them knock out New York, would be nice to see some Canadian teams make it past the first round this year.

With Chicago facing elimination, it's looking pretty bad for original six teams; 2 didn't make it, and the other 4 are either gone or facing elimination.

Hopeful for the Canucks, but I'm not holding my breath or anything. I'm actually surprised how they scheduled the games this week. Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday - that's an awful lot of time between games. Let's hope that extra rest works to their benefit, I'd like to see Vancouver in the finals this year, now that I live here.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2012-04-22 at 01:58 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=173753

3 violations of the rules, 5 head shot violations since 2007, all very similar in nature, however he did not leave his feet at any point in those incidents, however he did receive discipline from the NHL (laughable mind you) for the hits. 5 offenses all hits to the head, if you don't think the duration of the suspension is justified, then you are bat shit crazy. It gets a dangerous player out of the league and sends a message that this kind of nonsense is not going to be tolerated.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Detroit eliminated - another hard first round for the Wings. As a Leafs fan, I say welcome to the golf courses.
    Also of note is the thrashing Boston is taking - 3-2 now against Washington; it's looking pretty grim for the defending Stanley Cup champs.

Ottawa is now leading the series against the serious contender (and runner up) to the president's trophy, which is pretty amazing - but there's still a game ahead, they need to keep their focus on that game and not get ahead of themselves. I'd really like to see them knock out New York, would be nice to see some Canadian teams make it past the first round this year.

With Chicago facing elimination, it's looking pretty bad for original six teams; 2 didn't make it, and the other 4 are either gone or facing elimination.

Hopeful for the Canucks, but I'm not holding my breath or anything. I'm actually surprised how they scheduled the games this week. Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday - that's an awful lot of time between games. Let's hope that extra rest works to their benefit, I'd like to see Vancouver in the finals this year, now that I live here.
    Your house might get burned down if they lost in the finals this year :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm far enough from downtown to be safe, but close enough to see it burning, heh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, now the questions start for the Sharks. Do they fire Todd McLellan as was the rumor prior to the playoffs to try and get the team moving in a new direction? It seems absurd to fire a coach that went 195-92-41 with three division crowns in his four years as a head coach though. Go to imagine they at least shake up the core.

Big grats to the Blues. Welcome back to relevance St Louis. First playoff series win in a decade.

Who would have guessed the Wings and Sharks would both be knocked out in 5 games, Vancouver and Chicago are on the precipice of being knocked out in 5 and Boston is potentially getting dropped in 6. Nuts.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-22 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Well, now the questions start for the Sharks. Do they fire Todd McLellan as was the rumor prior to the playoffs to try and get the team moving in a new direction? It seems absurd to fire a coach that went 195-92-41 with three division crowns in his four years as a head coach though. Go to imagine they at least shake up the core.

Big grats to the Blues. Welcome back to relevance St Louis. First playoff series win in a decade.
    Rehire Wilson?

Just came across this picture: http://octopusthrower.com/files/2011...s-choke-bb.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    If Phoenix closes this out, Phoenix/Nashville is going to be the worst series ever. Every single game is going to be 2-1 or 1-0. Two non-spending teams facing off in the second round of the playoffs thanks to excellent goaltending and commitment to defense first. What is this the fucking mid-90s?

If I'm the Sharks, I make it a priority to try and move Marleau. How many seasons in a row does he have to completely be terrible in the playoffs before the last four people that support that guy jump off his wagon? 0 points, -1 in 5 playoff games as one of the veteran leaders of the Sharks.

How nuts is it that the Marty Brodeur Rule basically fucked the Devils as intended and cost them the big crucial second goal in today's game? Poor guy. The NHL creates a rule solely to fuck with Brodeur's biggest strength and it hurts them as intended in a crucial playoff situation.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-22 at 02:26 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    San Jose out shouldn't surprise anyone, they are notorious for not showing up in the playoffs. I think they need to look at their roster and consider just blowing it the fuck up, Thornton isn't getting any younger and could go to a team that need's a top tier centremen like Toronto does, and I have no doubts that Burke is going to be picking up the phone the day the season is over and inquiring about Joe Thornton or Logan Couture because you can bet your bottom dollar that with their playoff failings San Jose will consider retooling from the ground up if they can get good value for their players.

Also, in other news, at least there is playoff hockey in Toronto. The Marlies have a 2-0 series lead on the Rochester Americans and can close out the best of 5 series with another win. That team has been good to watch when there isn't an NHL game on.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-04-22 at 02:29 AM.

well another year of fail. guess i turn into a flyers bandwagoner for the rest of the series. at any rate, GO FLYERS!