10+ Year Old Account
    Im bored now

15+ Year Old Account
    Darren Helm back with the Wings, 4 years $8.5 million. I'll take that for sure. Huge part of the PK and pretty great all around low line player.

Oh ya, and Teemu is back! Hopefully the Ducks refrain from sucking this year so we don't have to deal with Teemu trade speculation again.

Blues extended QOs to Oshie and Perron.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-19 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Range...credible+story

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 04:24 PM ----------

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Bobby Ryan is back on the market

10+ Year Old Account
    How odd, the last 1/4 of the book was left blank.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Way too much for one good season. That deal could bite them in the ass really really hard if he doesn't repeat the season he had.

Also, where did you see that Bobby Ryan is available, Garbles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Way too much for one good season. That deal could bite them in the ass really really hard if he doesn't repeat the season he had.

Also, where did you see that Bobby Ryan is available, Garbles?
    According to Bob McKenzie, Anaheim has put him back on the trade market.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Darren Helm back with the Wings, 4 years $8.5 million. I'll take that for sure. Huge part of the PK and pretty great all around low line player.
    Darren Fucking Helms returns, fuck yeah.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Well, I'm thinking Karlsson, as soon as he realised he shouldn't train to get bigger, but train to pursue his strengths, is going to be a solid offensive defenseman. His personal best isn't set yet, but unless he's humble about the season he just had, he might have a hard time repeating it this season.

Oh, and also, my local team has Martin Gerber \o/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    [/COLOR]Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Bobby Ryan is back on the market
    Stupid and not surprising.

As for Karly's contract, meh. That is a huge cap hit for a guy that is a defensive liability. If he can repeat that offensive performance (hint: he can't) then he will be worth it. If not, he is basically a higher paid Mike Green.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 08:56 PM ----------

Capgeek has Brad Stuart signing with the Sharks for 3 years at $3.6m last night. That is a hell of a hometown discount. He probably could have gotten $1-1.5 million more on the open market.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 12:00 AM ----------

Closing your hand on the puck in any situation oor using your hand to conceal the puck while on the ice, like pulling it into your body in a pile in the corner, is now a minor penalty. Batting the puck using your glove on a faceoff is now a penalty as well.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 08:48 AM ----------

In the least surprising news anyone has ever heard, the Glendale deal with Jamison could be in serious, serious trouble. A judge ruled yesterday that wording needed to be altered to clarify that the city council didn't have enough support to make the deal an emergency measure meaning it would be effective that day. Glendale voters will now have a little less than one month to collect ~1,800 signatures to make the deal require a ballot vote from the citizens of Glendale to pass. So basically the deal is as close to dead in the water as imaginable. There is no way on earth the voters in Glendale, who have shown widespread disapproval of the council's deal, will vote to allow the deal to pass. The people in Glendale have until July 9th to collect 1,800 valid signatures to effectively kill the Coyotes franchise. My money is on the Goldwater Institute having those signatures put together in about a week.

If they get the signatures, does the NHL even bother to keep trying the deal? Why not move Phoenix to a city that will pour into the seats like Quebec. Stop trying to prop up a team that they can't even sell to an owner without massive concessions from the city.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-20 at 12:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    According to Bob McKenzie, Anaheim has put him back on the trade market.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 12:41 AM ----------

Darren Fucking Helms returns, fuck yeah.
    because you know, we so expected Darren Fucking Helm to NOT be resigned....because you know, he is a fan favorite and all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Schedule comes out tomorrow morning. Two days until the draft. Yay for trade rumors.

Buffalo has four picks in the top 44 (12,21,42,44) that they are trying to use to upgrade their front line. Bobby Ryan?
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-20 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    That should be... interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Schedule comes out tomorrow morning. Two days until the draft. Yay for trade rumors.

Buffalo has four picks in the top 44 (12,21,42,44) that they are trying to use to upgrade their front line. Bobby Ryan?
    Anaheim would trade Ryan in a heartbeat for a 1st and two 2nds. And Buffalo could still grab a solid forward in the draft.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Came inside from swimming just in time to miss NIckleback's opening act. They got some legit stars for this award ceremony this year. In chat if anyone wants to chat during this.

Matthew Perry looks drunk. Subtly funny opening presentation. Good start NHL.

Karly wins the Norris.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:13 PM ----------

End of season awards:
    Jack Adams: Paul McLean. Most people though Ottawa was going to be the 15th place team in the East. They are a playoff team and were in contention for that division until very late. The only other choice is Hitch which wouldn't bother me at all.
    Calder: Landeskog.
    Hart: Quick
    Vezina: Lundqvist. He was a better goalie than Quick, but he didn't mean nearly as much to his team as Quick did since Biron was there and playing great in reserve.
    Norris: Karlsson. I'm not happy giving it to an offense first defensman, but his stats are just too good. He finished 25 points ahead of the next Dman. TWENTY FIVE!
    Selke: Datsyuk but I'm biased
    Byng: Who cares? Lidstrom for a lifetime award or Campbell for having a ridiculous 6 penalty minutes this year.
    GM: It will be Tallon for Florida, but come on. His team is a bunch of second and third line guys at best. They had 18 loser points. They managed to win the worst division in the entire league, barely. The only reason they managed to even be in the playoffs is thanks to pure incompetence from the middle of the Eastern conference and Washington being their usual inconsistent selves this time during the season rather than post season.
    I think those were my predictions made before noms were announced though. 1/1 so far.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-20 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Shea Weber... he'll never win one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ted Lindsay! Man he is a tiny dude. Geno is like a foot and a half taller than him.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:39 PM ----------

Hitch gets the Jack. Mustachioed gentleman everywhere boo in response.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:48 PM ----------

Erin Andrews managed to pronounce Maurice Richard, Jaroslav Halak, etc. correctly while looking crazy hot. World first for NHL Award presenters. Plus I think she was the first person on the show so far not drunk.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:52 PM ----------

Landy with the Calder

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:56 PM ----------

Armstrong won GM of the year. Shocking that it wasn't Tallon

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:59 PM ----------

The second Shanny skit was great.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 08:06 PM ----------

Giroux on NHL 13
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-21 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats Bergeron on the Selke, well deserved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bergeron gets the Selke. Datsyuk robbed of an award he would have won on reputation alone. Hockey fans everywhere robbed of an opportunity to hear Pav speak English for a minute or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    And congrats Patchys on the Masterson.