15+ Year Old Account
    Rask signs for 1 year $3.5 million
    Johnathon Quick expected to sign 10 year extension soon. You can count on your hand the number of times a contract for a goalie that size has worked out. Hint: The answer is 0. Deal is $7 million for the first seven years then tapering down last three years to control cap hit.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 04:20 PM ----------

Schultz list is Canada and the Rangers. Lollys.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 years is way too long. Lombardi better hope he never gets injured.

As for the Rask contract, probably the best thing for both sides. If Rask plays well he'll gets his money next season when Thomas is off the cap.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-06-28 at 08:51 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Burning all Blackhawks attire I own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy her Chicago.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Carey Price is expected to sign for $6-6.5 million per year for 6 years. Yikes

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking grief... How much are we gonna have to give Howard? He's gonna want 6M+ now. :l

The salary inflation in later years feels totally unwarranted in many cases.
    People get signed for one good year, whether it is in recent memory or someone living on that year.
    It feels like they are trying to appease and get an "in" with agents to get ahold of their other clients as well.

Either way, a good goalie should be allowed to make good money, but an average goalie should make average money.
    Many forwards in general feel overpayed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Good fucking grief... How much are we gonna have to give Howard? He's gonna want 6M+ now. :l
    Thankfully he will be signed post-CBA which is probably going to kill off some inflation bullshit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to show you how fucked the league is for allowing contracts to get so bloated. But then again, I blame the NBA, MLB and NFL for fucking up the NHL's salary cap system. Players getting paid 10+ million dollars a year is a fucking joke, no one in this entire world should be making that kind of money.

And the Crosby contract was reported at 10 years, 8.7 million per season, same will go for Malkin. The idiots on Toronto radio think that is a fair value and that it will still allow them to sign other players under the cap. So what happens if the Penguins want Suter who they desperately need? Can't pay him 6 million if they want Parise too since he will get 7 million easily. Player salaries are fucked and these bloated long term high dollar contracts are fucking over the rest of the league. Dollar value needs to be capped at 8 million per season, don't give a shit if you are Jesus on ice or not, no more then 7 years at a time for a contract. Quick getting a 10 year deal would be retarded, he had one good season where he won the cup, doesn't instantly make him a high dollar long term signing.

And Crosby is one good clean hit away from that contract being a complete waste of money, the Penguins would be absolutely retarded to sign that walking time bomb to a 10 year deal only to have him be forced into retirement because someone cleaned his clock and it opened up the concussion symptoms again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick has 109 wins over the last 3 seasons

Pretty much everything he is doing no Kings goalie has ever done, including win the cup.

He's 26 and its already pretty much guaranteed his number will be up in the rafters some day, I doubt most people are familiar with the Kings recent goalie history, but its ugly, when I started watching the team they were going from Hrudey to Stephane Fiset. When I watch my old NHL greatest goals VHS from the 90s Fiset makes more appearances than any other goalie for his great ability to let pucks in the net in an entertaining manner. We've never had somebody like Quick.

and getting him signed will allow for Bernier to be dealt and he should fetch a decent price and likely be a good starting goalie as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Just goes to show you how fucked the league is for allowing contracts to get so bloated. But then again, I blame the NBA, MLB and NFL for fucking up the NHL's salary cap system. Players getting paid 10+ million dollars a year is a fucking joke, no one in this entire world should be making that kind of money.

And the Crosby contract was reported at 10 years, 8.7 million per season, same will go for Malkin. The idiots on Toronto radio think that is a fair value and that it will still allow them to sign other players under the cap. So what happens if the Penguins want Suter who they desperately need? Can't pay him 6 million if they want Parise too since he will get 7 million easily. Player salaries are fucked and these bloated long term high dollar contracts are fucking over the rest of the league. Dollar value needs to be capped at 8 million per season, don't give a shit if you are Jesus on ice or not, no more then 7 years at a time for a contract. Quick getting a 10 year deal would be retarded, he had one good season where he won the cup, doesn't instantly make him a high dollar long term signing.

And Crosby is one good clean hit away from that contract being a complete waste of money, the Penguins would be absolutely retarded to sign that walking time bomb to a 10 year deal only to have him be forced into retirement because someone cleaned his clock and it opened up the concussion symptoms again.
    Right after I read your post I see: Crosby signed 12 years for 104.4 million.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard on the radio that it was going to be 10. Oh well, good job fucking yourselves over Pittsburgh, enjoy your 104 million dollar liability. I hope it bites them in the ass, I hope one good clean open ice hit puts Crosby out of a career just to prove a point that the deal was the most retarded decision made since Rick DiPietro signing with the Islanders for 13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Right after I read your post I see: Crosby signed 12 years for 104.4 million.
    ... which is the 8.7m/season he was talking about, no..?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post

Burning all Blackhawks attire I own.
    you're mad he gets more chix than you man.

Maybe Beiber can replace Crawford? Teams would be laughing too hard to try and score. As for the other relevant things, I think Quick is definitely worth the contract but Crosby might not be. Jonathon almost single handedly got the Kings to the post season. Crosby, well we all know the deal with him. He might be a top 3 NHL player but he's also a top 3 injury prone player now. They need to stop with these retarded contracts though, it's going to get out of control unless the cap is going to be way higher. It'll be so hard to actually keep a team stable with all these huge contracts flooding the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Gillis has finally comes to an agreement with Schneider. Terms haven't been released, but I'm guessing it's gonna be 6+ years for 5M a cap hit.

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 05:22 AM ----------

According to TSN it's 12M over 3 years... What's this? A reasonable contract? Gasp.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything more then 3 years for an unproven goalie is risky business.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Apparently Gillis has finally comes to an agreement with Schneider. Terms haven't been released, but I'm guessing it's gonna be 6+ years for 5M a cap hit.

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 05:22 AM ----------

According to TSN it's 12M over 3 years... What's this? A reasonable contract? Gasp.
    I am shocked that Gillis controlled himself from handing out a 10 year deal to the kid.

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 11:56 AM ----------

I'm sure this is just a bollocks negotiating tactic, but apparently Brodeur is going to test the free agent market if he doesn't have a deal done tomorrow. I can't even begin to picture him in a different jersey. Their financial situation is so dire they might have to let one of their best players ever walk unless he takes a huge salary cut.

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
    No Parise. No Brodeur. Well, at least if the bottom falls out NJD will have all their 1st rounders for the next oh fuck that's right

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 12:26 PM ----------

I can't stop thinking about Marty the Leaf. Canadian hero comes home. As the NHL all time leader in regular season losses he would fit right in.

Zing.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-29 at 04:02 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heard on TSN today that Justin Shultz perhaps wants to play in Canada. Oilers and Canucks are the frontrunners right now with Ottawa and Toronto on his list too. He'll likely end up in one of the first 2 cities if he does sign with a Canadian team, otherwise they were saying the Rangers are a strong destination spot.

Hey everyone, I'm back from wherever I was the last few months. I did get to watch parts of the playoffs and cup finals at like 4am every morning, so that was pretty exciting and stuff. Glad the Kings won of all those teams in the last few rounds.

Also, apparently Brodeur hired an agent and may be testing free agency? O_O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Heard on TSN today that Justin Shultz perhaps wants to play in Canada. Oilers and Canucks are the frontrunners right now with Ottawa and Toronto on his list too. He'll likely end up in one of the first 2 cities if he does sign with a Canadian team, otherwise they were saying the Rangers are a strong destination spot.
    I hope he goes to Edmonton. They desperately need a defenseman of his potential. Getting him would be like drafting two #1 picks this offseason which would just be huge for them. If he is looking for a "destination spot" that would explain why Detroit isn't on his short list lol /wrists.

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Also, apparently Brodeur hired an agent and may be testing free agency? O_O
    Shocking right? Dude hasn't had an agent for at least the last 15 years and hires one now. Nuts.