10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Good for Detroit if they snag Suter, not a bad downgrade from Lidstrom.
    Hoping it's lead to Weber coming over next off-season. Weber has stated he wants to play his entire career with Suter.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Hoping it's lead to Weber coming over next off-season. Weber has stated he wants to play his entire career with Suter.
    He is an RFA right now and afaik hasn't worked anything out with Nashville yet. Someone should be a total dick and offer sheet the hell out of him for some big, big money.

Today has been a great sports day. NHL free agency craziness, Euro final despite it being completely one sided, Tiger about to win his third event of the year. Now just need the damn NBA free agency to get going at all. I don't think a single even remotely decent player has signed yet since it opened last night.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 06:27 PM ----------

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Jordin Tootoo signs with Detroit for three years at $1.9 per. Instead of hearing that damn whistle a handful of times, we now will hear it 82 damn times per season. Aside from that, freaking sweet.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-01 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    He is an RFA right now and afaik hasn't worked anything out with Nashville yet. Someone should be a total dick and offer sheet the hell out of him for some big, big money.
    Sucks about him being an RFA, he'll be 27 before the pre-season even starts. I just doubt he'll want to stay in Nashville is Suter leaves, considering he can make more money with other teams and have a better chance of winning a cup.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 10:29 PM ----------

Tootoo to Detroit... Guess I'll be watching Home games on mute.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tootoo to Detroit... Guess I'll be watching Home games on mute.
    Detroit now has an eskimo player, but still no black players. I am loving these high reward, low risk dirt cheap signings for the Wings to round out the lower lines before adding the huge pieces.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a handy sheet of free agency signings up to date every minute: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Great signings still allowing room for bigger salaries. Hoping for Semin and Suter as a more realistic possibility.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The price for these players is insane. Garrison trying to get a 5 mil / year contract. The numbers I've heard Suter looking for are ridiculous. Mostly front loaded contracts with 14 mil including signing bonus'. Bob Macenzie was saying he was looking at a 26 mil over a calender year type deal, with signing bonus' of course. Who needs that much money, jesus christ. This year might be the most solid Free Agency in awhile, so many quality parts out there. There's a bunch of veteran goalies available too, Johan Hedberg comes to mind. Possibly the best backup available, Sanford on the market as well. He was the only good thing about Columbus last season.

If Jokinen can repeat his last season, he'll be a huge asset to any team that needs a center. He literally made every guy he played with better. Him and Gaustad are really the best centers available, which seems to be the weakest position here. Interested to see where those 2 guys end up. I also really hope whoever gets Semin can jump start him a bit more. Dude is so extremely talented, if he could bring that talent with consistency, he'd be right up there with the most skilled guys in the game. I think he learnt alot playing under Hunter as far as defensive play goes, hopefully he can further it because I enjoy watching him play.

Toronto just got Jay Mclement, very good pickup. He's a solid and cheap faceoff guy.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-01 at 10:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya the front loaded signing bonuses for Parise and Suter are insane. Jokinen is going to get paid by someone. He is like the only legit topish line center on the market. Can't wait to see someone massively overpay him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Det also lands tootoo

15+ Year Old Account
    Souray signs with Anaheim. Garrison signs with Vancouver for $4.6 million per for SIX years. Hope that works out for you Vancouver.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Souray signs with Anaheim. Garrison signs with Vancouver for $4.6 million per for SIX years. Hope that works out for you Vancouver.
    That's the riskiest deal this off season for free agents in my opinion. He had one good season, which is why that deal might turn around and bite Vancouver in the ass. All I know is, at this point the East is looking stacked this year. The Leafs extended Matt Frattin for 2 more years, while Ryan Hamilton and Jussi Rynnas were extended for another year.

No word on where Brodeur is going, I am sure there are teams that are interested. LA is holding off on trading Bernier until the Brodeur and Luongo situations resolve themselves, that way they can get an idea as to who might be willing to make a trade for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sami Salo has signed with Tampa Bay for two years. I'm going to miss him. Be careful with him Tampa. He only has five or six more injuries left in his career. Ten max.

Today has been a great sports day. NHL free agency craziness, Euro final despite it being completely one sided, Tiger about to win his third event of the year. Now just need the damn NBA free agency to get going at all. I don't think a single even remotely decent player has signed yet since it opened last night.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 06:27 PM ----------

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Jordin Tootoo signs with Detroit for three years at $1.9 per. Instead of hearing that damn whistle a handful of times, we now will hear it 82 damn times per season. Aside from that, freaking sweet.
    No one is going to do that because not only would Nashville let him go and let the team be stuck with that huge contract, but then that team would be force to give Nashville some insane draft picks to boot ( If I'm remembering the rules on RFA's correctly). Weber may ultimately end up going elsewhere, but I don't think it will be this season. I honestly won't be shocked to see him traded at the deadline because I don't see Poile going two seasons in a row losing a top notch defenseman for nothing in return ( because I don't think Suter is coming back ).

Its kind of sad really, Nashville ( according to the owners and Poile ) is willing to be a close to the cap team, but you can't force players to sign. I could understand it before the lock out as the fan support was suffering, but the last couple of years things have grown and its become a pretty decent hockey town.

The Tootoo signing leaves me speechless. The guy has almost zero offensive ability, loves to turn the puck over and loves to take really bad stupid penalties. He brings some toughness, but past that I have no idea why Detroit would sign him for $1.9 mil a season. TBH I wouldn't be shocked if he's not a healthy scratch for 75% of the games after Babcock gets tired of his blind passes to the other team, and him taking bad penalties/diving. Oh enjoy that little bit of his game, it was one of those things even his biggest fans in Nashville got tired of seeing him do ( and whats worse is he's bad at it)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's the riskiest deal this off season for free agents in my opinion. He had one good season, which is why that deal might turn around and bite Vancouver in the ass. All I know is, at this point the East is looking stacked this year. The Leafs extended Matt Frattin for 2 more years, while Ryan Hamilton and Jussi Rynnas were extended for another year.

No word on where Brodeur is going, I am sure there are teams that are interested. LA is holding off on trading Bernier until the Brodeur and Luongo situations resolve themselves, that way they can get an idea as to who might be willing to make a trade for him.
    Supposedly Grossman turned down Wideman money or higher to go to Vancouver where he wanted to play. If someone offered him that much money, just yikes.

As for Brodeur he is back in New Jersey 2 years $9 million. Grats Devils on managing to scrape together enough money (aka financing) in order to bring back a franchise legend who still looked great over the last half of the year and playoffs.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    The Tootoo signing leaves me speechless. The guy has almost zero offensive ability, loves to turn the puck over and loves to take really bad stupid penalties. He brings some toughness, but past that I have no idea why Detroit would sign him for $1.9 mil a season. TBH I wouldn't be shocked if he's not a healthy scratch for 75% of the games after Babcock gets tired of his blind passes to the other team, and him taking bad penalties/diving. Oh enjoy that little bit of his game, it was one of those things even his biggest fans in Nashville got tired of seeing him do ( and whats worse is he's bad at it)
    It is a out right weird signing I will give you that. He certainly doesn't fit the Red Wing mold at all. He is a guy who can still put up 20-30 points though which is decent for that amount of money. I assume his more nonsensical portions of his game will be brought to heel like other guys who have signed with the Wings (Bertuzzi).

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 10:17 AM ----------

I no longer blame Radulov for leaving the Preds (again) to go back to the KHL. He is set to make 300 million rubles or about $9.2 million PER YEAR on his KHL deal. Insane. Even after the rampant corruption, mob payoffs, etc. that I'm sure he has to deal with over there he will still make way more money than he would in the NHL plus he will actually appear to be a good player. If Radulov can tear up the KHL so badly they pay him $9.2 million per year, how much money would they pay a guy like Malkin and how many points would he score in that sadsack league?

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 10:41 AM ----------

The Penguins offer to Parise is the largest offer to a free agent in team history rumored to be 10 years at $8 million per. If that is the cost for him, I kind of hope the Wings don't sign him. I think I'd rather have Semin for much cheaper than Parise for that kind of deal.

Are any other Leaf fans on here getting ready for another chance at the lottery...? woowooo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Are any other Leaf fans on here getting ready for another chance at the lottery...? woowooo
    Hey man, the Leafs could be good. If the Panthers can make the playoffs, surely the Leafs have a shot, right?

Then again, seeing as the Leafs have added zero pieces to a team that was pretty mediocre and needed plenty of extra pieces, while other teams in the East that missed the playoffs like the Canes have only gotten better, ya they might be screwed.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 12:48 PM ----------

Torres' suspension will likely be reduced to 8 games from the current 12 remaining.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 01:12 PM ----------

TFP believes Wings out of Parise hunt.

Not just that, but the whole southeast division is pretty weak :x

10+ Year Old Account

[/COLOR]TFP believes Wings out of Parise hunt.
    Parise isn't worth 8M per season. Pass on him, sign Semin for 5-6M.

15+ Year Old Account
    Parise isn't worth 8M per season. Pass on him, sign Semin for 5-6M.
    Amen to that. I love Parise, but that price is absurd. According to the Twitter, it looks like it is basically New Jersey and everyone else right now. Apparently the Hawks are in on him too. God knows how that is possible unless they are spending literally every dime of space on him without making any trades. Then they would be an offensively great team with a bad defense and a horrible goalie. That worked out last year. Oh wait...

Oh ya, and apparently the Wings are now in the Rick Nash derby. Kill me now. At least he is cheaper, freaking barely, and has 4 fewer years left than Parise would and potentially comparable on the ice on a good team.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 03:39 PM ----------

Hudler signs with Calgary 4 years $16 million. Thank god the Wings didn't sign him for $4 million per.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-02 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Grab is making 5M in Toronto I guess 4M isn't insane for Hudler...?

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 07:48 PM ----------

Can Suter and Parise just fucking sign with the Wings and Pens? These two players holding up every other player is rather boring.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a terrible signing, step in the right direction I spose. God knows we need centers and have about 7 mil to spend still. Doesn't bring us our bonafide #1 center yet but I think he'll put in some good minutes. More pieces my friends, more pieces.

edit What do I have to yell at my tv for about this guy? Giveaways, missed goals, ect?
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-02 at 07:59 PM.