Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think Ryan Miller is done in 2 years? I know he's a bit of a ticking time bomb but isn't 33-34 a bit young for a goalie to be done? I think he'll have a bounce back year, still had *decent* numbers last year. I just have that memory of his incredible performance vs Canada etched in my brain. The more I think about it, the more I think the Canadian goalie just has to make a couple saves behind that team. With all the young kids + Eberle on the rise, our team might just be better than last time. I don't know what it is, but Jordan Eberle is out of this world in international play. There are so many good players that are only going to be better by the time those roll around that I'd hate to be the guy who has to assemble the team. Maybe I'm putting too much weight into goal tending but none of those guys really inspire much confidence.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not done, but I honestly don't see him sticking it out in Buffalo when he should have won a Cup by now. That franchise will be mediocre until the day he retires.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's done. I just think there are better American goalies. Quick is an easy number one, Howard will (hopefully) continue to improve his fantastic game and Schneider is looking like he could be as good as Quick. Amazing American Goalies just became a recent thing, and Miller's game hasn't really improved much. He's still great and carried an injured defensive corp in Buffalo.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Howard isn't that great, sadly he just has a team and a system ahead of him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Well, Howard has been great for last two seasons, even tho he got clearly outplayed by Rinne last poffs. And hes just about to hit his prime age, so I hope for the best. Im a little worried tho since we don't have Lidas anymoar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    What could we have done with a good goaltender then? Gone 82-0-0? Howard was an All-Star for a reason, he has played fantastic 2 seasons and had 1 mediocre sophomore season.

Actually watch the kid play. The numbers speak for themselves.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tupu View Post
    Well, Howard has been great for last two seasons, even tho he got clearly outplayed by Rinne last poffs. And hes just about to hit his prime age, so I hope for the best. Im a little worried tho since we don't have Lidas anymoar.
    Well Rinne has a superpower where he gets better the more shots he faces. Seriously the only game we won, we had an abysmal 21 shots.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs extended Mark Fraser for another year, hopefully he can make a crack at the lineup, he is another guy capable of replacing Komisarek on the blue line. They also signed Keith Aucoin and extended Simon Gysbers, both 1 year contracts. I think Aucoin will bring some depth up front.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-07-31 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    iiiiiiiim sooooo boreeeeed cooooooommeee baaaaaaack hooooooooockeeyyy
    Last edited by Garbles; 2012-07-31 at 03:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A Glendale judge sided with the city in keeping the sales tax measure off the ballot. The use of the word reverse on the petition where it said it would "reverse the sales tax measure" was found to be inappropriate invalidating the petition. So there is another hurdle cleared for Jamison. Glendale has their arena deal in place, they are going to tax the hell out of car dealerships to pay for it, now all Jamison has to do is actually come up with the money, something he still hasn't been able to do. May be $20 million short, may be losing investors completely depending on who you believe. I guess my question is if they can't even scrape up the final $20 million to buy the team, how the hell are they going to pay for the $30 million the Coyotes lose every single season?
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-31 at 06:11 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apprently Christobal Huet wants to return to the NHL. I can't remember anything about him besides his horrendous contract and this:

He's 39 and been out of the NHL for 2 years but could be a decent backup for teams seeking that position. God I remember seeing that save at the time not really caring about either team and just being OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-31 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just remember that he's French, and he was one of many goalies to start out with the Kings and then get good after leaving, I didn't think he was quite that old

My Huet memories

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Red Wings have signed Halifax Mooseheads forward Martin Frk to an entry level contract. Pretty cool.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Red Wings have signed Halifax Mooseheads forward Martin Frk to an entry level contract. Pretty cool.
    This is all I can think about when I see his last name.

As long as he is on Detroit I'm just going to pronounce his name as a noise and not a work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ermagerd, Frk Yer

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    RDS is reporting that Montreal has offered P.K Subban a 2 year, 5.5 million dollar deal.

All I can say is lolz if it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone just offer sheet him? Apparently Montreal doesn't want him if they're offering him that garbage contract.

P.S is it a 5.5M cap hit? Or 2.75M?

Because 5.5M is too high and 2.75 is too low.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-08-01 at 10:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Can someone just offer sheet him? Apparently Montreal doesn't want him if they're offering him that garbage contract.

P.S is it a 5.5M cap hit? Or 2.75M?

Because 5.5M is too high and 2.75 is too low.
    $5.5 total value. That is an insulting cap hit offer. Seriously. If I'm PK I talk to other teams if he isn't already. WTF Montreal.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is how haggling works, buyer lowballs, seller highballs, back and forth, agreement is made.

Note, this does not apply to unions who highball and strike if you propose anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    This is how haggling works, buyer lowballs, seller highballs, back and forth, agreement is made.

Note, this does not apply to unions who highball and strike if you propose anything else.
    so what your saying is unions were made by women...its tehre way or get the fuck out.