10+ Year Old Account
    I <3 GM Connected

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    EA should make sports game for PC aswell. I hate the fact I as you need to buy a console to play Madden or NHL.. Generally I just hate EA.
    The good thing about the lockout is that the Danes might come home and play. Wearing my Hawks shirt with pride and I'm gonna create a banner with: Nucks blows. Let's go Hawks!
    They stopped making sports games for the PC because people weren't buying them because EA is fucking terrible at making sports games play well on the PC. Amusing since pretty much every console friendly game I have on Steam I play with a controller, but the keyboard and mouse combo just isn't very intuitive for sports games. Honestly, EA has never made a good sports game for the PC, the ports have always been shitty with severe framerate problems and control issues, so it's their own lazy work ethic that has forced people to stop buying sports games for the PC.

Also, the Leafs let go Francois Allaire, though it seems like he was already planning on leaving and Burke wasn't going to give him a new contract. Allaire cites there was too much interfering in order for him to do his job, yet he failed to adapt his coaching methods to work more like hybrid goalies who play his style such as Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne and Lehtonen.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-09-18 at 08:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we might be in for a longer lockout than expected, more and more players going over to play in Europe/KHL. I doubt people like Joe Thorton and Jason Spezza are going just because they want to be ready or want to play hockey. More like they don't even know if this will end in a timely matter so they're shipping over. Maybe I'm just paranoid of a long lockout, but it doesn't look good imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forces lockout, takes 20% paycut from all employees. lol.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 05:57 PM ----------

Bookmark this page

Garble's illegal streaming site I had to remove.

they live stream khl games.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-21 at 12:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    they live stream khl games.
    They also live stream MLB games and other American sports protected by the leagues which means I am going to have to delete that link so Bud Selig doesn't sure this website.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    They also live stream MLB games and other American sports protected by the leagues which means I am going to have to delete that link so Bud Selig doesn't sure this website.
    MLB copyright rules are also absolutely bat shit stupid.

Also, in more lockout related news, I heard some rather interesting comments on Prime Time Sports today. Comcast owns the Philadelphia Flyers, as well as the NBC broadcasting network. One would think that an ownership group which has potentially the largest to gain from having a season this year in which the NHL broadcasting contract for America begins and is potentially the largest possible TV audience in the world, that Comcast would have been the first to say no to a lockout. So, I'd like the point the finger at this lockout squarely at the Flyers ownership for a moment and say that they are absolutely retarded if they think the season should be cancelled when they also have a huge TV contract to fulfill. Good job on that one too by the way Bettman, you really are a genius!

Pfff, it's only illegal in the US, you are just enforcing your one country's law!!
    &nbsp;

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the lockout is potentially a violation of Quebec and Alberta labor laws. The NHLPA has actually gone to both provincial governments, as well as in Ontario and BC, to see about the possibility of forcing the teams to open the doors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Actually, the lockout is potentially a violation of Quebec and Alberta labor laws. The NHLPA has actually gone to both provincial governments, as well as in Ontario and BC, to see about the possibility of forcing the teams to open the doors.
    Quebec already told them there is nothing they can do iirc. Not sure about Alberta, but I expect it will be the exact same situation.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lawl, the Red Wings VP was fined by the league for calling the players dogs during CBa negotiations

Swedish Elite League had banned teams from making short term contracts with players "already under contract".
    The department for equal competition overruled that decision, calling it a "cartel".

So NHL players are coming here anyway.
    &nbsp;

was reading this thread from the start and alot of you called this one guy dumb for saying kings wouldn't win last years stanley o_o and than at the end everyone was all like yup Kings gonna sweep

I don't want to go find my post, but I'm pretty sure I had them in the finals losing to the Penguins. That being said, around January, pretty much EVERYONE thought it was a huge mistake to pick them. FWIW, I also picked Murray (who got fired) to win the Jack Adams, so gg on that one, right? :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKentofAzeroth View Post
    was reading this thread from the start and alot of you called this one guy dumb for saying kings wouldn't win last years stanley o_o and than at the end everyone was all like yup Kings gonna sweep
    To be fair, from their regular season play it wasn't that bad of a bet to assume Vancouver would easily beat them. They didn't start getting offensive contributions until the playoffs rolled around. Was pretty impossible to know all their players would elevate their game to a different level too, them barely squeezing in the first place. I think someone linked a blog of some predictor saying Kings were going to win and a couple people were dumbfounded. But that's the good thing about sports, they're unpredictable. Which is why they need to just settle this lockout business so we lose as little games as possible. Unfortunately, I don't think either side -really- cares if they lose games. As long as they come out of the lockout ontop, they'll be happy.

On another note, with the lockout I wonder how many players would be eligible to play in the World Junior tournament, if there is still a work stoppage. Having RNH would be pretty huge. Love that tournament, some of the most exciting games I've ever seen played happen. Especially since it's in Russia this year, and pool B has Canada, Russia, and USA. Should be some compelling stuff.

Lawl, the Red Wings VP was fined by the league for calling the players dogs during CBa negotiations
    They are all dogs! greedy bums

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Misunderstood VP, clearly he is calling them dogs because they are viciously dedicated to being awesome!
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKentofAzeroth View Post
    Most of us made that prediction before Carter was added and the Kings were still struggling to score goals. I doubt anyone actually thought the Kings would make the finals, excluding one guy, who made the prediction based upon regular season results.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

If I'm that one guy, I made the prediction pre-season. If not, /goes back to lurking

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well pre-season it was a legit prediction, after seeing how poorly Richards performed during the regular season and their lack of goal scoring, I highly doubt there were many people that were actually picking them to win. Especially since they were facing Vancouver in the first round, personally I thought Canucks were gonna repeat Cup appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the apparent quote that got him fined.

"The owners can basically be viewed as the ranch, and the players, and me included, are the cattle. The owners own the ranch and allow the players to eat there. That's the way it's always been and that the way it will be forever. And the owners simply aren't going to let a union push them around. It's not going to happen."

Was a bit too blunt, deserved the fine.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.