15+ Year Old Account
    The players' delegation is expected to include Crosby, Doan, Toews and Parros.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 37 players invited to the national jr. team camp should be released any minute, i guess teams can now have 3 goalies assigned to their roster now, still a 20 skater limit.

Here: http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=81742
    Last edited by Garbles; 2012-12-03 at 06:04 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNH playing for Canada might be a little unfair but we always lose because of our goalies the last 3 years. Gonna be awesome to see a lot of the prospects in action though. The defense-core looks as strong as it's ever been. I hope Morgan Rielly makes it, dudes on the local radio were raving about him when he played a junior game here in Calgary.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Team Canada has some good looking blue liners this year. Rielly, Reinhart, Dougie Hamilton and Mathew Dumba are probably the top 4 guys I would expect to make the roster for the World Junior tournament. With Nugent-Hopkins, Huberdeau, Jenner, Scheifele, Strome and MacKinnon up front, the forward lines looks pretty solid I think, those guys are going to be locks for sure barring any injuries.

Looking forward to seeing us defending the WJC.

10+ Year Old Account
    NHL won't let Molson (MTL) , Dolan (NYR), Leiweke (LA) into today's meeting. Dolan wrote a letter to other owners demanding Bettman firing, so Bettman banned him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    NHL won't let Molson (MTL) , Dolan (NYR), Leiweke (LA) into today's meeting. Dolan wrote a letter to other owners demanding Bettman firing, so Bettman banned him.
    well atleast that shows that some of them want betman gone.

Told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Conscript, usually I don't disagree with the things you say, but I am going to go ahead and say you've said a lot of wrong things here. I'll provide evidence for you later, but first things first. James Dolan definitely does not support this lock out.

Dolan is probably the owner Bettman hates most from what I read, he's making the second most of all the NHL owners and his team looks like it's a huge contender for the cup right now. Least likely owner to have voted for the lockout? Dolan.
    Jeremy Jacobs is obviously in the meetings because he's just as much of a fuck as Bettman.

10+ Year Old Account
    If not, more, lol.

For anyone wondering:

Jonathan Toews, Jamal Mayers, Craig Adams, David Backes, Michael Cammalleri, Sidney Crosby, B.J. Crombeen, Mathieu Darche, Shane Doan, Ron Hainsey, Shawn Horcoff, Manny Malhotra, Andy McDonald, Ryan Miller, George Parros, Brad Richards, Martin St. Louis and Kevin Westgarth will be in the meeting.
    Last edited by Garbles; 2012-12-04 at 07:21 PM.

I really hope that they do something that gets a season underway, but honestly I've given up on them. Both sides can fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, if they announce a deal I'll go to / watch every Pens game that I can. Bettman and Fehr both need fired and their asses kicked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Illitch's folks met with the city today to pitch a new entertainment district which would house the Wings with a mix of private and public funding.

Been in China for years, decided to come home for Christmas and hit up a NHL game while im back.

Nope! God dammit greedy ass NHLPA

http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/

Don't know if this was already posted but this is forbes valuation list of NHL teams. Pretty interesting and gives some insight into the financial state of some teams. Can click on the team name for a more detailed breakdown

10+ Year Old Account
    If not, more, lol.

For anyone wondering:

Jonathan Toews, Jamal Mayers, Craig Adams, David Backes, Michael Cammalleri, Sidney Crosby, B.J. Crombeen, Mathieu Darche, Shane Doan, Ron Hainsey, Shawn Horcoff, Manny Malhotra, Andy McDonald, Ryan Miller, George Parros, Brad Richards, Martin St. Louis and Kevin Westgarth will be in the meeting.
    maybe Parros and Westgarth can beat the shit out of some people, I doubt it would help, but we'd all feel better

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    maybe Parros and Westgarth can beat the shit out of some people, I doubt it would help, but we'd all feel better
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the list. Couple of enforcers just in case things get out of hand. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Been in China for years, decided to come home for Christmas and hit up a NHL game while im back.

Nope! God dammit greedy ass NHLPA
    1) Review the terms lockout and strike. Then see which one fits the situation
    2) Review all of the recent information (like that in the post right below yours) showing that the NHL has record profits and everything is growing
    3) Review the current state of negotiations where the NHLPA is actually the side wanting more revenue sharing which will help those dying franchises that are the cause of the lockout. Also take note that the players gave up literally billions last lockout and are being asked to give up literally billions again as the owners are making record profit.
    4) Remember that it is the OWNERS that write the contracts given to the PLAYERS, not the other way around. Any financial shortcomings that any owner is facing is thanks to their own reckless spending and the reckless spending of owners around the league causing contract inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meetings are 5 hours deep now, but after their over my guess is the presser will say "constructive" "sides still far apart" and imply that fans can "go fuck themselves."

15+ Year Old Account
    Meetings are 5 hours deep now, but after their over my guess is the presser will say "constructive" "sides still far apart" and imply that fans can "go fuck themselves."
    The meetings ended 4 hours ago. They said fuck it, left from a back door, and went to the strip club. Alternatively, no one checked and they murdered each other and the room is just full of bodies.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    George Parros is actually a really intelligent guy. Went to Princeton and was on some "Smartest Professional Athlete" list. Not sure about Westgarth but Parros majored in economics so he knows more than probably anyone on that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    George Parros is actually a really intelligent guy. Went to Princeton and was on some "Smartest Professional Athlete" list. Not sure about Westgarth but Parros majored in economics so he knows more than probably anyone on that list.
    don't bother me with details, I'm living in a world where lockouts can be solved with punching

if you just punch the right person... anything is possible!