Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the guy should wear a cage instead of a visor. I have always felt like visors were a shit solution to protecting the face. Those plastic visor like cages they have now would be far better then wearing a visor which you run the risk of a stick or a puck getting lodged up in your face behind it. If these kids want to avoid injury, they need to play smart and protect themselves with the available equipment. In the NHL, a check like that was legal and there was no penalty called on the play, the fact that Canada was given a penalty after the guy was taken off on a stretcher is biased officiating and the refs need to be ejected from the tournament for it. Just goes to show you that it's not just the NHL that has shit officiating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    @ the Slovakia game, I didn't like the call on the 2nd misconduct. That was a clean hit, it wasn't late and it wasn't dirty. The only reason he got the misconduct was because the guy got taken off on a stretcher. And how are you just losing respect for Canadian hockey right now? It's literally been played like this for years now, only the names have changed lol. It happens every year too, a player or two get suspended early in the tournament for a really physical hit that 9/10 times in North America woulden't be that severely penalized. Maybe a charging call? It's just a different brand of hockey, the Americans are just as physical. These kids are aspiring to play in the NHL (lol maybe) in the next 2 years, where it is expected that huge hits like that happen shift in shift out.
    Are you for real? He basicly tried to crush his head.. The difference between Canada and America is that they arent trying to kill someone on the Ice. They are just as physical as you and yet they are not getting misconducts. Hardly a coincidence. Looks like Canada needs to practice more at hits.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Are you for real? He basicly tried to crush his head.. The difference between Canada and America is that they arent trying to kill someone on the Ice. They are just as physical as you and yet they are not getting misconducts. Hardly a coincidence. Looks like Canada needs to practice more at hits.
    Are YOU for real? The dude had his head down and got lit up, that's what happened. You played hockey for 10 years and you don't understand the nature of what happened? There's a reason a penalty wasn't called until the dude was injured. He got rocked and the only reason they ejected Camara was because the guy got taken out on a stretcher and it's not in North America.

Take another look. Where was he trying to crush his head? This is a perfect hit and should be shown to hockey clubs how to deliver a perfect hit. The misconduct is a terrible call and was only made because the player was injured. That shoulden't be the deciding factor in whether someone receives a major penalty or not. You can turn around and look at the knee on knee hit on Scheifele and wonder why that wasn't even penalized. That's a potential career ending injury all because someone can't actually hit and has to go for the knee. The reffing in this tournament is always pretty hit and miss and that's to be expected when you don't have the top of the line officials calling it. Ah well, winning despite 10 mins of misconduct penalties in the first 2 periods is pretty good. The real challenge comes in the next 2 games. Hopefully we don't get crosschecked in the face by Russian players but it won't matter because Canada is suchhhh a dirty team.

10+ Year Old Account
    guy has to protect himself, no matter how pretty his pass was he can't spend all day watching it, that's what causes injuries, if he had been paying attention it still would've been a late hit, but he would've gotten up fine and nobody would be fretting over it

so that's no excusing the hit, but getting as bent out of shape as you are seems terribly biased

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Gotta keep your head up, that was a clean hit. For next time, this is what a dirty hit looks like...

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Gotta keep your head up, that was a clean hit. For next time, this is what a dirty hit looks like...

Except that hit was clean. if you want dirty hockey look no further

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 01:33 AM ----------

Are YOU for real? The dude had his head down and got lit up, that's what happened. You played hockey for 10 years and you don't understand the nature of what happened? There's a reason a penalty wasn't called until the dude was injured. He got rocked and the only reason they ejected Camara was because the guy got taken out on a stretcher and it's not in North America.

Take another look. Where was he trying to crush his head? This is a perfect hit and should be shown to hockey clubs how to deliver a perfect hit. The misconduct is a terrible call and was only made because the player was injured. That shoulden't be the deciding factor in whether someone receives a major penalty or not. You can turn around and look at the knee on knee hit on Scheifele and wonder why that wasn't even penalized. That's a potential career ending injury all because someone can't actually hit and has to go for the knee. The reffing in this tournament is always pretty hit and miss and that's to be expected when you don't have the top of the line officials calling it. Ah well, winning despite 10 mins of misconduct penalties in the first 2 periods is pretty good. The real challenge comes in the next 2 games. Hopefully we don't get crosschecked in the face by Russian players but it won't matter because Canada is suchhhh a dirty team.
    This was a great clean hit. The refs of the IIHF are calling every little thing by North American standards.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 01:34 AM ----------

Boone Jenner probably already suspended from World Jr's, pre tournament game vs Sweden, way late hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FtTcl7G5k

Oh well, if we lose it won't be because of that, likely because of goal tending again.
    This again, by NHL/CHL standards is fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    get out troll.

Please don't call other posters trolls.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-29 at 04:03 PM.

Yeah, neither of those linked so far are clean.

The Torres hit and the Keith hit were both dirty hits, however, the Canadian hit was perfectly fine. The guy needs to stop looking at the puck with his head down, he set himself up to get injured.

Oh and on the new deal, unless there is something hidden in it thats crazy, the players need to sign it and get their asses back to playing.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2012-12-29 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    get out troll.
    you are biased.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    See that part where Torres left his feet prior to contact? Ya that wasn't a clean hit. Had he stayed down and railed Hossa it would have been, but as soon as he left the ice it was dirty.

10+ Year Old Account

First time seeing the hit... And that's it? Realize where you are and keep your head up. Only thing that could be called dirty about, is that he came so far for the hit... That's it.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    See that part where Torres left his feet prior to contact? Ya that wasn't a clean hit. Had he stayed down and railed Hossa it would have been, but as soon as he left the ice it was dirty.
    Torres leaving his feet was definitely what made it a dirty hit. Actually, both the posted hits were dirty, but that's what happens when you leave your feet or you blind side someone with an elbow to the head. In both cases, the Keith hit and the Torres hit respectively, were dirty for their own reasons. Checking someone body to body is far from dirty, which is what happened in the Camara v Luza incident, where Luza had his head down and wasn't paying attention to the guys who were doing their job by trying to keep the puck in the offensive zone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how pussy the IIHF reffing is. 2 mins + 10 for a hit to the head that would otherwise just be 2 mins for roughing. If only the Canadian players layed on the ice for 5 mins, maybe they would have suspended some of the Americans! Subban looked quite good though, impressed me. Was hoping to see more Nathan McKinnon after all of the hype of him being potential #1 overall next year, he didn't get much ice time but the one rush he had, showed some damn quick skating. Jonathon Drouin looks really good though, interested to see if he'll get more exposure as the tournament goes on. The real game is tomorrow though, love Canada vs Russia - always a good game.

I hate how pussy the IIHF reffing is. 2 mins + 10 for a hit to the head that would otherwise just be 2 mins for roughing. If only the Canadian players layed on the ice for 5 mins, maybe they would have suspended some of the Americans! Subban looked quite good though, impressed me. Was hoping to see more Nathan McKinnon after all of the hype of him being potential #1 overall next year, he didn't get much ice time but the one rush he had, showed some damn quick skating. Jonathon Drouin looks really good though, interested to see if he'll get more exposure as the tournament goes on. The real game is tomorrow though, love Canada vs Russia - always a good game.
    There is only one thing worse than league officiating, and thats International officiating. That goes for pretty much every sport out there.

I'm thinking you've got it the other way around. I apologise for you not being used to the other rules, but I for one, much prefer them to the NHL which I find reckless at times.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, international reffing is way too touchy. 2 penalties in the first period for both teams for slashing were light taps on the pants that had no outcome on the players skating at all and that gets called all the time. I don't see how you think the NHL reckless when all the reckless shit gets penalized and suspended. Whereas IIHF almost ANY hit can be penalized and suspended. To each their own I guess, but I feel international refs are too whistle happy.

Nah, international reffing is way too touchy. 2 penalties in the first period for both teams for slashing were light taps on the pants that had no outcome on the players skating at all and that gets called all the time.
    So you are saying that the outcome should determine the penalty, not the action?
    Yet before, you were saying that "the only reason he got a penalty at all was because he had to get carried out on a stretcher".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Those are 2 different things. I'm talking about a slashing call, all those stick penalties shoulden't be called if they literally don't do anything to impede the player. And then you bring in something I said about A CLEAN HIT that was only penalized because of injury. Do you not see the difference here? I'm really baffled how you come to that conclusion but then again I realize I'm responding to someone who thinks Canada has goons on their national junior team.

"Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing"

Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26353

A slashing should always be penalised. The NHL is in the wrong there.
    The hits you talk about aren't clean.