10+ Year Old Account
    Was listening to everything going down last night on TSN before I went to bed around 2AM... I could feel it in my bones that this bullshit was FINALLY, FINALLY going to end any moment this week. I totally did not expect to wake up and see that it would be all over today!!!! What an amazing way to start the day! FUCK YES!!!!
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    GO NASH GO! Nash,gaborik and richards will be the most fearsome line in NHL and they will bring the stanley cup to rangers!

15+ Year Old Account
    How Pavel Datsyuk ended his stay in the KHL:

15+ Year Old Account
    NANANA! HOCKEY is BACK! WOOT!

and so is the otter avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking finally. Fucking NHL, the abusive husband of the sports leagues.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

Yay! I'm back!!

Might be a good season for the Leafs since they can only play half a season normally. Maybe make the playoffs this year
    I'm actually scared for my Rangers since they normally don't play an entire season either. But their lines are looking pretty Nashty(TM)...

CwutIdidther?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh Hai guise! Looks like we're back in action! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    so what does the new cba do for old front loaded contracts?

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Oh Hai guise! Looks like we're back in action! <3
    Chicago? back in action? BUWAHAHAHAHA

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if Chicago's lucky they'll get a shutout this year.

Probably not.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Maybe if Chicago's lucky they'll get a shutout this year.

Probably not.
    with that defense and that goaltending? id sooner bet on Columbus winning the Stanley...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's said that when they signed a 34 year old d-man, their defense got younger.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's said that when they signed a 34 year old d-man, their defense got younger.
    who did they sign on defense thats 34 years old? anyone worth a damn?
    btw nice qoute in your sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    who did they sign on defense thats 34 years old? anyone worth a damn?
    btw nice qoute in your sig
    The one and only Michal Rozsival. They needed more slow defensmen.

15+ Year Old Account
    The one and only Michal Rozsival. They needed more slow defensmen.
    never heard of him...thats all i needed to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Trade rumors. Who goes to Vancouver when Luongo is traded to Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    GO NASH GO! Nash,gaborik and richards will be the most fearsome line in NHL and they will bring the stanley cup to rangers!
    I could easily see a Rangers/Kings Stanley Cup final.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I could easily see a Rangers/Kings Stanley Cup final.
    that would be af un series to watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    The season hasn't started and I am already positively giddy over the offseason with the new amnesty buyouts. I'm already trying to plan out who the Wings are going to buyout to to maintain their cap flexibility to maybe snag someone who gets bought out. My money would be on Bert and Samuelsson, both contracts that i am not a fan of at all. They both end after next season though. The Wings don't have any of those big albatross contracts you would want to dump. Zetterberg and Kronwall are their only big term, big money deals. Franzen is big term but the money he makes is a pittance. I'm trying to go team by team and find the likeliest buyout guy for the team's that desperately need to reduce salary.
    Boston: Savard obviously if he is still technically a cap hit next year. Even if he doesn't they are going to have to cut Marchand/Peverly/Kelly in some combination just to get enough under the cap to sign a goalie.
    Buffalo: Ville Leino, probably on day 1 if he doesn't massively improve
    Calgary: Happy Hudler I could see being some buyer's remorse at his current contract cost
    Chicago: Has to be Hossa right? That contract looks insane now.
    Minnesota: I could see them buying out the last year of Heater's contract ($7.5 million)
    Montreal: I think they have already filed the paperwork to buyout Scott Gomez.
    New Jersey: You'd think they would toy with the thought of buying out Kovy, but there is no way they have the cash to do it.
    Islanders: I'd guess DiPietro. Couldn't you see him coming back and winning the Vezina or something though this year and then they don't buy him out and he immediately breaks both his knees in game 1?
    Philly: Has to be Pronger right? He is super old and making tons of money and they will need the cap space badly. Bryz also if he falls apart.
    San Jose: Marleau's $7 million final season
    Tampa: Vinny
    Toronto: Luongo lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Edmonton: HORCOFF, that contract is a joke. Khabibulin as well, Dubnyk is better and cheaper.
    Pittsburgh: Definitely buying out Martin, how much they've tried to dump him is just silly.
    St. Louis: Andy McDonald wouldn't be a surprise, nearly 5M and cannot stay healthy.
    Last edited by Irony; 2013-01-06 at 08:39 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so what does the new cba do for old front loaded contracts?

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:19 PM ----------

Chicago? back in action? BUWAHAHAHAHA
    Nothing changes, some owners might not have to pay as much out of pocket for those big contracts though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The season hasn't started and I am already positively giddy over the offseason with the new amnesty buyouts. I'm already trying to plan out who the Wings are going to buyout to to maintain their cap flexibility to maybe snag someone who gets bought out. My money would be on Bert and Samuelsson, both contracts that i am not a fan of at all. They both end after next season though. The Wings don't have any of those big albatross contracts you would want to dump. Zetterberg and Kronwall are their only big term, big money deals. Franzen is big term but the money he makes is a pittance. I'm trying to go team by team and find the likeliest buyout guy for the team's that desperately need to reduce salary.
    Boston: Savard obviously if he is still technically a cap hit next year. Even if he doesn't they are going to have to cut Marchand/Peverly/Kelly in some combination just to get enough under the cap to sign a goalie.
    Buffalo: Ville Leino, probably on day 1 if he doesn't massively improve
    Calgary: Happy Hudler I could see being some buyer's remorse at his current contract cost
    Chicago: Has to be Hossa right? That contract looks insane now.
    Minnesota: I could see them buying out the last year of Heater's contract ($7.5 million)
    Montreal: I think they have already filed the paperwork to buyout Scott Gomez.
    New Jersey: You'd think they would toy with the thought of buying out Kovy, but there is no way they have the cash to do it.
    Islanders: I'd guess DiPietro. Couldn't you see him coming back and winning the Vezina or something though this year and then they don't buy him out and he immediately breaks both his knees in game 1?
    Philly: Has to be Pronger right? He is super old and making tons of money and they will need the cap space badly. Bryz also if he falls apart.
    San Jose: Marleau's $7 million final season
    Tampa: Vinny
    Toronto: Luongo lol
    I doubt Burke trades for Luongo and then buys him out the next year unless they win the Cup this year, he'd be better off trading for Bernier, who I'd prefer since he is both younger and has more potential for post season success then a guy who is 36 and chokes as badly as the team in front of him. Scrivens + a 2nd + 3rd would probably get Bernier, dunno what their needs are but if they traded Bernier, they would need a guy who can be their backup and I think Scrivens is ready for that role, I doubt they would take Reimer. Also, Burke is pretty much going to have to amnesty Komi's contract sooner or later, he should do it now. Same goes for Lombardi, who at 3.3 million is way too pricey for his skill. Best to amnesty both guys and clear up some room on the roster to bring up guys like Paul Ranger and Korbinian Holzer to fill in on the blue line. Ranger is a smashing +17 for the Marlies and has 18 points in 28 games.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-01-06 at 08:52 PM.