10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Come on Hawks, make it a win tonight. Beating the record because beating record rocks(Positive ones) But then again all good streaks has to come to and end, just hope it wont be Sharks that ends it.
    Agreed - we couldn't stop you, and I wish you the best in your endeavour to make history. You've come this far and it'd be a shame to see you fall just short.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Agreed - we couldn't stop you, and I wish you the best in your endeavour to make history. You've come this far and it'd be a shame to see you fall just short.
    Well no matter the outcome tonight we still have the record regardless. We just share it with Anaheim. Losing to Vancouver on Tuesday would have been falling just short.

Seabs, Hossa, and Carcillo will all be back in the lineup tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    The hockey gods taking a piss on Ottawa, jesus christ
    if they are pissing on Ottawa, what are they doing to Detroit?

15+ Year Old Account
    These may have been the Winter Classic jerseys from this years cancelled game:

Fuck the NHL. I really want that Wings jersey. The Wings and Leafs better be playing in next year's WC.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Yeah Detroit's playoff streak might honestly be in trouble this year. Grabbing 2 out of 6 possible points thusfar from CBJ is pretty scary in a shortened season. Need to grab those valuable freebie points.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 01:17 PM ----------

That Leafs jersey looks weird. Prison stripes with a giant pot leaf in the middle.

Hiding in shame, yet we aren't in 10th place. Anyways the Blues had what we call "The Homestand from Hell".

The Blues are not putting in the work needed to win the games. Halak went down and relied on Elliott to keep us in it but could not do so.

After snapping our 5 game losing streak (0-4-1) Jake Allen got 4 starts and went (3-1-0). Sharks game I didn't watch but from the way HFBoards Blues fans put it is that they were slow and looked worn out from the Vancouver flight fiasco. For those of you that didn't know the Blues previously took Vancouver to a shootout win the 17th and were supposed to leave the next day but the flight was cancelled due to the plane needing a new part. So the Blues had to drive at 2AM in the morning from Vancouver to St. Louis for their game against the Sharks.

Now concerning the Avs game. We outplayed the Avs but Varlamov simply stole the game for them. He came up huge and denied us on what should have been an automatic goal. I called it at the start of the 3rd period, we were outplaying them by a large margin but it was still 0-0 and said "Well this will end with us working our asses off to win only to lose to some dinky shot or fluke goal." Now the shot was a great shot and wasn't a fluke but it was one of the few shots they had and was really demoralizing after playing such a great game.

We just really need to continue to play the game our players were meant for, a hard working team game. During the "Homestand from Hell" we had a lof of our guys just trying to do their own thing rather than winning by hard work and determination.

Doing to Detroit? Detroit hasn't lost their #1 center, #1 winger, #1 defenseman, #2 defenseman, and #1 goalie due to injury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rick DiPietro got placed on waivers, the article about it has the hilarious phrase "assuming he clears waivers" which makes me laugh since the only team that would be dumb enough to claim him on waivers is the Islanders themselves

maybe he can get healthy and be a top 5 goalie in the AHL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Hiding in shame, yet we aren't in 10th place. Anyways the Blues had what we call "The Homestand from Hell".

The Blues are not putting in the work needed to win the games. Halak went down and relied on Elliott to keep us in it but could not do so.

After snapping our 5 game losing streak (0-4-1) Jake Allen got 4 starts and went (3-1-0). Sharks game I didn't watch but from the way HFBoards Blues fans put it is that they were slow and looked worn out from the Vancouver flight fiasco. For those of you that didn't know the Blues previously took Vancouver to a shootout win the 17th and were supposed to leave the next day but the flight was cancelled due to the plane needing a new part. So the Blues had to drive at 2AM in the morning from Vancouver to St. Louis for their game against the Sharks.

Now concerning the Avs game. We outplayed the Avs but Varlamov simply stole the game for them. He came up huge and denied us on what should have been an automatic goal. I called it at the start of the 3rd period, we were outplaying them by a large margin but it was still 0-0 and said "Well this will end with us working our asses off to win only to lose to some dinky shot or fluke goal." Now the shot was a great shot and wasn't a fluke but it was one of the few shots they had and was really demoralizing after playing such a great game.

We just really need to continue to play the game our players were meant for, a hard working team game. During the "Homestand from Hell" we had a lof of our guys just trying to do their own thing rather than winning by hard work and determination.

Doing to Detroit? Detroit hasn't lost their #1 center, #1 winger, #1 defenseman, #2 defenseman, and #1 goalie due to injury.
    no, theyve just lost over 106 man games due to injury overall including:
    Datsyuk, Franzen, Helm, Howard, White and a bunch of others.
    Detroit has averaged 6.5 injured players PER GAME this season. so...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit injuries are bad but they aren't as impactful as the ones to the Sens imo. The 3 players who absolutely carry the load all go down, 2 of them gone for the entire season. Karlsson being one of the best D-men in the game if not the one of the best players currently and Spezza really being the catalyst for their success last year. Anderson has been by far the best goalie in the league too. While his injury isn't as severe, these 3 completely make or break that team. While somehow they've been winning games without Karlsson and Spezza I don't think that keeps up. The fact that most of the teams in the East are under performing so far (RANGERS WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOL) is the only reason Ottawa has a playoff spot right now. If the injuries were the same to Detroit, it would be Zetterberg and Datsyuk(he only missed 1 game) going down. Not saying Spezza/Karlsson are better than those 2 guys but they all mean the same to their respective clubs. That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-22 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Well no matter the outcome tonight we still have the record regardless. We just share it with Anaheim. Losing to Vancouver on Tuesday would have been falling just short.

Seabs, Hossa, and Carcillo will all be back in the lineup tonight.
    I hate to be a party pooper, but sharing a record with another club isn't close to the same thing as holding it yourself. You don't hold the record if you only tie the previous one.

An unbroken but tied record still holds up in the annals of history. You'll be the team that nearly broke the Anaheim record, but fell short and only tied it.

Not that it isn't an awesome feat to have tied the record - but it's not the same as "having the record".
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2013-02-22 at 08:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Detroit injuries are bad but they aren't as impactful as the ones to the Sens imo. The 3 players who absolutely carry the load all go down, 2 of them gone for the entire season. Karlsson being one of the best D-men in the game if not the one of the best players currently and Spezza really being the catalyst for their success last year. Anderson has been by far the best goalie in the league too. While his injury isn't as severe, these 3 completely make or break that team. While somehow they've been winning games without Karlsson and Spezza I don't think that keeps up. The fact that most of the teams in the East are under performing so far (RANGERS WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOL) is the only reason Ottawa has a playoff spot right now. If the injuries were the same to Detroit, it would be Zetterberg and Datsyuk(he only missed 1 game) going down. Not saying Spezza/Karlsson are better than those 2 guys but they all mean the same to their respective clubs. That's just my opinion.
    i would rather have 2 guys gone for the entire season (and replaced with other people, allowing chemistry to build between those left behind) then lose 6 guys per game on a revolving door basis allowing no chemistry to be built by those left behind.
    put bluntly: id rather have say, Kronwall, and Datsyuk gone for the ENTIRE SEASON, and let the rest of the team to gel, then lose players, have some return, and lose others.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would rather have 2 guys gone for the entire season (and replaced with other people, allowing chemistry to build between those left behind) then lose 6 guys per game on a revolving door basis allowing no chemistry to be built by those left behind.
    put bluntly: id rather have say, Kronwall, and Datsyuk gone for the ENTIRE SEASON, and let the rest of the team to gel, then lose players, have some return, and lose others.
    Datsyuk gone for the ENTIRE SEASON? I don't think I would ever want that...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, is the NHL just going to say 'fuck you Boston and throw them 3 games in 3 days by putting the game against Tampa Bay immediately following a back to back to make up for the fact that they have so many damn games in hand? They have played 5 less games then the team with the most games played in the conference and that is Philadelphia at 19 games played. They have only 3 more games remaining this month and there are still 6 days left in it, but then they have 4 games in 6 days at the beginning of March (funnily enough, the 4th game is against Toronto on the 7th). 7 games in 12 days is bullshit when they still have 2-5 games in hand on every other team in the conference.

Divisionally the East is hilarious, the North East and Atlantic have the 7 best teams in the conference right now, the Rangers are still a whopping 6 points back of the Devils for the Atlantic division lead with only 1 game in hand while the Penguins are just 2 points back of the Devils. Meanwhile in the North East, Boston, Toronto and Ottawa are all tied for 2nd in the division with only a single win being the dividing factor between 4th and 1st in the conference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Datsyuk gone for the ENTIRE SEASON? I don't think I would ever want that...
    would you rather have a revolving door if injured players including Datsyuk all season long allowing no cohesion?

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:39 PM ----------

Terrible Decision for Wings fans tonight:
    Root for Chicago to set a record.
    Root for San Jose to win.

seriously. just shoot me.

10+ Year Old Account
    would you rather have a revolving door if injured players including Datsyuk all season long allowing no cohesion?
    that choice isn't a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]Terrible Decision for Wings fans tonight:
    Root for Chicago to set a record.
    Root for San Jose to win.

seriously. just shoot me.
    on behalf of my team I apologize.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taylor Hall suspended 2 games for the knee on knee incident against Minnesota the other night. To be fair, it was only Cal Clusterfuck...I mean Clutterbuck, but still the suspension was pretty light.

Anderson is doubtful to play for Ottawa for the next several days at least, Lehner has been called up to fill in. Hopefully Bishop get's the start tomorrow against the Leafs so we can light him up and say 'SUCK IT' to Sens ownership when Scotiabank Place is filled with Leafs fans hiding their colours.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-02-23 at 01:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Taylor Hall suspended 2 games for the knee on knee incident against Minnesota the other night. To be fair, it was only Cal Clusterfuck...I mean Clutterbuck, but still the suspension was pretty light.
    Yea that was a waaaay to light suspension. I do not care who he did hit. It was a really dirty hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about anyone else but I found the start of this game really boring, Atleast lou showed up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I hate to be a party pooper, but sharing a record with another club isn't close to the same thing as holding it yourself. You don't hold the record if you only tie the previous one.

An unbroken but tied record still holds up in the annals of history. You'll be the team that nearly broke the Anaheim record, but fell short and only tied it.

Not that it isn't an awesome feat to have tied the record - but it's not the same as "having the record".
    I don't think anyone will think that. The question right now is who holds the record for longest point streak to start a season? The answer is Anaheim and Chicago. They do "have" the record. So does Anaheim

If anything they will think slightly better of Chicago since 13-0-3 is better than 12-0-4.

Hopefully this is a moot point after tonight.