Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Leafs are in Boston tomorrow night so we get another shot at stealing a win and splitting the season series.

Kostka coming back in will probably play on the 3rd pairing and Franson will move up to the 2nd pairing. You wouldn't put Gardiner with Phaneuf because their play style doesn't work well together. Phaneuf is prone to pinching down low and can get into the cycle game, he needs the defensive minded guy on the other side to be there when the puck clears the offensive zone and he has to get back.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=nhl:topheads

Reminds me of something Datsyuk would do, only he would do it better.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-03-24 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well the Leafs are in Boston tomorrow night so we get another shot at stealing a win and splitting the season series.

Kostka coming back in will probably play on the 3rd pairing and Franson will move up to the 2nd pairing. You wouldn't put Gardiner with Phaneuf because their play style doesn't work well together. Phaneuf is prone to pinching down low and can get into the cycle game, he needs the defensive minded guy on the other side to be there when the puck clears the offensive zone and he has to get back.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=nhl:topheads

Reminds me of something Datsyuk would do, only he would do it better.
    You cannot split up Franson and Fraser. Only defensive pair playing better than them overall this year are Bouchamin and Souray IMO. Gardiner is fast enough to make up for Phaneuf's mistakes, smart enough to tell when Phaneuf is going to go into the offensive, and can play the long minutes IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    1 game against columbus, i wouldnt get too worked up yet. wait till they make it 4-5 doing pretty well or youll be like us wings fans this season "WOOH WE GOT IT TOGETHER, WTF?, YEAH WERE BACK, WHAT THE HELL?, etc etc etc"

Actually thats two in a row, Calgary and Columbus, teams we should be beating. 5-3, 5-2 respectively. Wonder how long its been since we scored 5 goals in back to back games lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Actually thats two in a row, Calgary and Columbus, teams we should be beating. 5-3, 5-2 respectively. Wonder how long its been since we scored 5 goals in back to back games lol.
    To be fair, if there's 1 year recently you would want to get a top 10 draft pick; This is probably that year. In addition to the fact anyone not in the playoffs can win the lottery. As long as you have Rinne you'll be fine for a while.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Odds are Chicago, Anaheim, Pittsburgh and Boston or Montreal would be in those 4 teams, they are all potential contenders I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Odds are Chicago, Anaheim, Pittsburgh and Boston or Montreal would be in those 4 teams, they are all potential contenders I think.
    chicago, pittsburgh and boston are 3 of the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    To be fair, if there's 1 year recently you would want to get a top 10 draft pick; This is probably that year. In addition to the fact anyone not in the playoffs can win the lottery. As long as you have Rinne you'll be fine for a while.
    Maybe so, but I hate losing even if it gave us a better draft pick. Poile would just pick another under sized defenseman anyways lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and L.A. is what I heard on the radio today. Just heard there's a trade in place with Pittsburgh and Morrow from Dallas but he's yet to wave his NTC so that almost rules out the Pens, although not until that is finalized.

edit Yep Morrow going to Pittsburgh it looks like. Doubt they take Inginla now, out of the remaining 3 I'd want him to go to Chicago > Boston > L.A. personally.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-03-24 at 09:37 PM.

lol Montreal. Price is never good in the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't Derek Stepan used more often in shootouts? That shootout goal of his against the Caps was delicious.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Why isn't Derek Stepan used more often in shootouts? That shootout goal of his against the Caps was delicious.
    Probably because Richardsm Gaborik, Nash, Hagelin, and Kreider are considered bigger offensive threats.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Karma caught up to the ducks tonight and Selanne, Getzlaf, and Perry all got tossed when they started acting like babies.

Lord wtf happened to get all of that at one time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Lord wtf happened to get all of that at one time?
    Getzlaf tripped someone and it got called, so he threw his stick on the ice, kicked it, and complained to the ref.
    Perry seeing the trip called threw his stick into the glass shattering it.
    and Selanne cried like a little girl to the ref over the initial penalty, and the misconducts handed out, and that was all she wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getzlaf tripped someone and it got called, so he threw his stick on the ice, kicked it, and complained to the ref.
    and Selanne cried like a little girl to the ref over the initial penalty, and the misconducts handed out, and that was all she wrote.
    anyone have a video of this?

Yeah I wanna see a video of it. It wasn't even mentioned in any of the recaps I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and L.A. is what I heard on the radio today. Just heard there's a trade in place with Pittsburgh and Morrow from Dallas but he's yet to wave his NTC so that almost rules out the Pens, although not until that is finalized.

edit Yep Morrow going to Pittsburgh it looks like. Doubt they take Inginla now, out of the remaining 3 I'd want him to go to Chicago > Boston > L.A. personally.
    I feel like the Flames waited way too long to try and trade Iginla. According to the radio and tv shows around here, they're looking for a high prospect, a high draft pick, and a roster player. I've heard talk of Subban, Peverley, and a 1st or 2nd rounder as the package they're looking for. That, in my eyes, is far too much to pay for a rental for the rest of this season who doesn't have a ton left in the tank. Two years ago, yeah I'd be fine with giving that package up for Iginla. But, if the Bruins make that move right now, I am very unhappy. Even if we don't necessarily need Subban with how Rask and Khudobin have been playing, we should give him another year or two of development and trade him for a player who will be here long term. From everything I've been hearing, Subban is projected to be a hell of a goaltender in the pros.

15+ Year Old Account
    sorry guys i dont see a video yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I feel like the Flames waited way too long to try and trade Iginla. According to the radio and tv shows around here, they're looking for a high prospect, a high draft pick, and a roster player. I've heard talk of Subban, Peverley, and a 1st or 2nd rounder as the package they're looking for. That, in my eyes, is far too much to pay for a rental for the rest of this season who doesn't have a ton left in the tank. Two years ago, yeah I'd be fine with giving that package up for Iginla. But, if the Bruins make that move right now, I am very unhappy. Even if we don't necessarily need Subban with how Rask and Khudobin have been playing, we should give him another year or two of development and trade him for a player who will be here long term. From everything I've been hearing, Subban is projected to be a hell of a goaltender in the pros.
    They missed the sweet spot by 2 years, if they had traded him after he scored 43 goals that one season we would have gotten a lot for him. That's the asking price right now, I think it goes down a bit by April 3rd. There is not 1 reason to hold on to Jarome longer than that other than the fact that if we do, he'll spend the rest of his career here. That is the most depressing thing to even think about because I'd say about 80% of Flames fans have him as their favourite player and would only want to see him reach the pinnacle of the game. I think the most they'll get right now is a good prospect and a conditional 1st/2nd round pick depending on finals appearance. I woulden't even want a roster player because there's a good chance they woulden't even be part of the rebuild and would just resign somewhere else.

also I hate Damien Cox but I'll agree with him on this article "It's pretty clear that either Brendan Shanahan is either over-matched for the job or that his idiosyncratic and utterly arbitrary approach is producing massive confusion everywhere." from http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/201...des-away-.html

It also looks like Pittsburgh is gunning for the cup this year picking up a D who can actually play defense, Douglas Murray.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-03-25 at 06:44 PM.