Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think outdoor games appeal to more casual fans then to the hardcore fans. IDK hockey needs more fans and if outdoor games help then why not.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went to the outdoor game between the Flames and the Canadians a couple years ago and it was a pretty good time. It was also cold as shit but everyone just got super drunk and it was a real party atmosphere. Dunno if its like that elsewhere but I'd recommend going if you have a chance to, pretty fun experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    price, budja.... neither can do the job. LOL

Just hoping Boston can get a couple points tonight vs. Buffalo and drop the Habs down so Leafs can get our brooms out.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Just hoping Boston can get a couple points tonight vs. Buffalo and drop the Habs down so Leafs can get our brooms out.
    Amen brutha! I know some Habs fans who are going to be pissed having to play the Leafs in the post season, but I am very much looking forward to seeing an original 6 match up in the first round. Toronto still has 5 games left to play, Boston has a game at hand because of the cancelled game on Monday. Ryan White was suspended 5 games today so they lost a player, which makes me giggle a bit.

Dammit Boston, all you had to do was not get scored on in the last minute.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice contract Howard!

15+ Year Old Account
    honestly zeoni that game was far from howards fault. the second goal. how the hell does the puck bounce so many times off the skates and into the net? seriously. the third goal ill give you was his fault. that said. fucking kippursoff. dude was completely lights out. and then that last goal he gave up was absolutely troll face, just like the second goal against howard.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boston lost again, lulz.

The announcement of several outdoors games is kinda nice... but some of the matchups are a little weird... Canucks Vs Senators?? I guess Canadian teams, but no rivalry at all....

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    honestly zeoni that game was far from howards fault. the second goal. how the hell does the puck bounce so many times off the skates and into the net? seriously. the third goal ill give you was his fault. that said. fucking kippursoff. dude was completely lights out. and then that last goal he gave up was absolutely troll face, just like the second goal against howard.
    Last night, like most of this season has been an offensive nightmare! For Christ's sake, someone has to be able to score on the PP. First two goals weren't Howard's fault. That third one is debatable, wtf were the D doing??? Their only savior now is that extra game in hand on Columbus (two games after tonight). Need to be a BIG TIME Kings fan tonight. Nerve wracking but its not looking good for Detroit....

The Battle for the 8th spot

Detroit - @ Vancouver, Pheonix, LA, Nashville, @ Dallas
    Columbus - @ LA, @ SJ, @ Dallas, Nashville
    Dallas - Vancouver, @ STL, @ LA, @ SJ, Columbus, Detroit
    Phoenix - @ STL, @ Chicago, @ Detroit, SJ, Colorado, @ Anaheim

Seems like everyone is playing each other but Detroit and Columbus (Thank god). You have to imagine (and not to be mean) that Phoenix is almost out, they basically can't lose a game (with playing Chicago and STL who they haven't played good against...its a stretch). If Columbus wins these next two games, it's going to make it tough on Detroit. The shittiest stat of them all, if Columbus and Detroit win the rest of their games they both wind up with 57 points and Columbus would win the tiebreaker. Can't go 0-3 against one of the worst teams in the Conference and then go 3-0 against one of the best...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Detroit owns the tiebreaker with CBJ currently. The ROW tiebreaker is used before the head-to-head tiebreaker and Detroit has a 2 game edge over CBJ but 1 game behind Dallas in that department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must say, Boston-Buffalo pregame made me shed a couple manly tears...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Len Game View Post
    The announcement of several outdoors games is kinda nice... but some of the matchups are a little weird... Canucks Vs Senators?? I guess Canadian teams, but no rivalry at all....
    Probably because the Leafs are playing Detroit next year. As much as it is an Original 6 game, Leafs vs Sens or Habs are huge rivalry games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Yeah I know, the 2 goals were just sorta humorous and it's just typical that we'd get 2 flukes like that just after he signed a big contract. Kipper was great, might've been the last time we see him at home ever again and I'm glad he put on a show for us. That last glove save was just vintage Kiprusoff, brought a tear to my eye knowing he won't be here next year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Yeah I know, the 2 goals were just sorta humorous and it's just typical that we'd get 2 flukes like that just after he signed a big contract. Kipper was great, might've been the last time we see him at home ever again and I'm glad he put on a show for us. That last glove save was just vintage Kiprusoff, brought a tear to my eye knowing he won't be here next year.
    kipper wasnt just great. the dude was an absolute stud, we outshot oyu like 2 to 1 and he completely stole that game.

I am baffled at the marvel that will be the Kings Anaheim outdoor game at Dodger stadium...did nobody tell the NHL that the average temperature of LA in winter is still like 15C?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I am baffled at the marvel that will be the Kings Anaheim outdoor game at Dodger stadium...did nobody tell the NHL that the average temperature of LA in winter is still like 15C?
    Perhaps they are hoping that LA has a winter like this past one where there is ONE seasonably cold day, and it was like 47 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Perhaps they are hoping that LA has a winter like this past one where there is ONE seasonably cold day, and it was like 47 lol
    Maybe they'll play it on rollerblades.

Ok, I just pieced it together...

Gary Bettman makes deal with Right to Play...organizes outdoor game in LA...

He wants to see Getzlaf in cutoff jean shorts and rollerblades. That rascal!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rangers 2/2 on the PP? There has to be a glitch in the Matrix.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks