According to some Pens' writer, Letang has said Toronto would be his preferred destination if he can't work a contract out with Pittsburgh. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Tons of offense from the point. Defensive liability that will be in the 6-7/year range.

EDIT: Lecavalier bought out after NHL told teams they can't trade a player to be bought out by another team so they can resign for lower value. Wonder if he'll sign a one year somewhere then go back at low cost? Maybe with Rangers or Habs?
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2013-06-27 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Lecavalier was once highly coveted by LA, but that was before Richards & Carter

in any case, the buyouts are making free agency look a lot more interesting than it would've otherwise, still a bunch of old guys, but a little more star power helps

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://snyrangersblog.com/former-ran...-organization/

Not a shock after they hired Vignaut. In other news, I'm fucking pumped for the draft on Sunday. No whammies pls!

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    According to some Pens' writer, Letang has said Toronto would be his preferred destination if he can't work a contract out with Pittsburgh. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Tons of offense from the point. Defensive liability that will be in the 6-7/year range.

EDIT: Lecavalier bought out after NHL told teams they can't trade a player to be bought out by another team so they can resign for lower value. Wonder if he'll sign a one year somewhere then go back at low cost? Maybe with Rangers or Habs?
    Letang is purely offensive. His defense is very sub par. That being said, he is a big name and defenseman are always hard to come by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Letang is purely offensive. His defense is very sub par. That being said, he is a big name and defenseman are always hard to come by.
    but we already covered that hes nto a true defenseman. hes a forward who is slotted as a defenseman.

but hey. not everyone can be Lidstrom.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Letang apparently reupped at 7 million for 3 more seasons with the Pens, so his contract will expire when he is 32. Fucking stupid how they continue to piss money down the drain with their best players but can't retain anyone else. And they wonder why they can't win a Cup again. Neal and Paul Martin at 5 million, 7 million for Letang, Malkin at 8.7 this coming season then 9.5 for the next several years as well as Crosby at 8.7 million for several years. You can't expect to keep another 17 players happy at salaries lower then what they deserve. Morrow, Murray and Iginla will probably walk, Morrow will probably get more money from a team like Toronto then what Pittsburgh will ever pay him.

Edit: I might be mistaken on this post, ignore it until it's confirmed.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-06-28 at 12:14 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just resigned Kunitz to a new 3 year deal as well. Haven't seen what the numbers are yet though.

Tangs and Sarich to Avs for Jones and O'Brien...

Interesting

Now sign Lecav for a couple seasons Feaster!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt Lecavalier comes to Calgary, I'm on the fence about him anyways. Pretty much a nothing trade, we got younger but lost some offense.

Lecav's still a good player, puts up some points. Tampa just can't afford that cap hit for another 7 years. They can't really afford the buyout either, but they have to lump it now that the NHL slammed the door on the Leafs/Lightning buyout boogaloo.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    My bet is Montreal will go after Lecavalier. They've been eyeing him and trying to trade for him for a while.

Good thing too, Montreal's biggest missing piece is real star power. Currently all they have for that is a young dman, a dman with bad knees, and Price.

As for Tanguay to Colorado... I think they are trying to make a mini Mooseheads alumini roster there or something. They have Giguere, they just got Tangs, and now they are probably drafting MacKinnon.
    Last edited by Asera; 2013-06-27 at 11:06 PM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Looks like he is confused.

Does he realize he was only nominated for the Norris, and didn't actually win it?
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Wait didn't he want $7 per year (although probably a shorter term)? Maybe he just doesn't want to stay in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wait didn't he want $7 per year (although probably a shorter term)? Maybe he just doesn't want to stay in Pittsburgh.
    From my understanding he's looking for real long term.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    From my understanding he's looking for real long term.
    isnt 8 years the cap by the new cba?

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    isnt 8 years the cap by the new cba?
    Yeah but I think he's looking for 6-8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Yeah but I think he's looking for 6-8 years.
    From what I've read, they offered him 8 years, 6.75 average per year. He wants 8 years, greater than 7.5 average per year

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackhawks took out a full page ad in the Boston Globe. Another reason I love hockey, I don't think I've ever seen this done in another sport.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that shows a lot of class and says a lot about the NHL & Blackhawks organization! Really made me happy to see that this morning!

Also, you can view the Hawks parade NOW on www.nhl.com