10+ Year Old Account
    Much better defensive effort from the Kings tonight back at home, they were flying in this one, spent a lot of time in the Oilers' zone. There was a nice stretch of about 7 minutes without a whistle where the forecheck produced about a thousand turnovers like it does, finally ended with a Kings goal on a sloppy line change. Hard to believe the team has 7 shutouts and only 1 of them was Quick, Scrivens and Jones are tied for the league lead and Jones is 6-0-0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, classic trap game and the Kings didn't fall for it with the Sharks coming to town on Thursday.

Don't look now, but with other teams' games in hand, the Leafs might not be in a playoff spot in just a few days. They need to do something... make a trade, sign a player, fire a coach, do something.. 7-12-4 since the start of November, some pretty embarrassing losses (6-0 Columbus says hi), and just the inability to do much of anything right.

I'd like to continue to say 'oh we're missing centermen', but the team as a whole is pretty fucking bad... not to mention, the Leafs aren't even in the top 10 in the league in man games lost to injury... and the top 2 are Anaheim and Pittsburgh... so what's the excuse?

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Obviously Phaneuf keeps farting on Kessel and then a spider lands on his hair.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    When DOESN'T Kessel look tired? Seriously, watch him play, every time he goes back to the bench he looks like he just had a run through hell. And those don't look like the legs of one of the fastest skaters in the league either. If I am Carlyle, I'd get a whip and start snapping him into better shape because his stamina is shit.

Some games I watch i wonder what the flying fuck the refs are watching.... Like words cannot describe the lack of consistent officiating....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    Some games I watch i wonder what the flying fuck the refs are watching.... Like words cannot describe the lack of consistent officiating....
    Been complaining about the same thing for about three years. Turns out that the NHL just believes in giving jobs to the blind.

Honestly, it's always really bugged me about Kessel.. how good could he actually be if he had the workout ethic of a Crosby or Stamkos? Already one of the fastest players, it's somewhat frightening... the guy has so much natural talent that he just shits all over because he's gettin paid.

Phaneuf is sure playing like he doesnt want 7 million a year. I dunno what is wrong with the Leafs lately but they sure are terrible.

During a stretch of 22 games, beginning on Nov. 2, they've allowed 71 goals or an average of 3.23 per game. They've allowed three or more in 16 of those 22 games, losing 14 times.(TSN Stats)

I wonder how long it is before they start to look for trades.

I agree, thinking about trades is where my mind inevitably goes (either that or fire the coach), but after a lot of thinking, I'm not sure how much a trade will really help.. in order to get someone to help now, we're going to have to give up a lot of what we've spent years working on through draft and trading for other prospects, and then we'll just be in the same position we were in 5 years ago - some decent talent, but not Cup-contenders, and not much doing in the minors.

Surprised that was a goal for JVR. Didn't look like the refs ever signaled it was in.

And the Flyers are in a playoff spot.

I don't even know anymore. When will the world make sense?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Phaneuf is sure playing like he doesnt want 7 million a year. I dunno what is wrong with the Leafs lately but they sure are terrible.

During a stretch of 22 games, beginning on Nov. 2, they've allowed 71 goals or an average of 3.23 per game. They've allowed three or more in 16 of those 22 games, losing 14 times.(TSN Stats)

I wonder how long it is before they start to look for trades.
    Toronto has had better Goals Against over their last few games though and the shot quantity has been rather limited. They outshot and out scored when they beat Chicago and the shots were pretty close against LA too, that game much like tonight could have gone either way for the most part. St Louis aside, they have had a solid stretch defensively and in their goals allowed department over their last 5 games. And isn't that what people want? The media is always bitching about how they are slacking defensively and relying too much on their goalies but now they are starting to play better defensively, if only they can get the offense going too, they will be the kind of team that people expect them to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharks player just stuck his knee out at Brown and Brown gets a 5 minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct, fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    And the Flyers are in a playoff spot.

I don't even know anymore. When will the world make sense?
    It doesn't have to make sense. The flyers are a terrible team in an even worse division

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    It doesn't have to make sense. The flyers are a terrible team in an even worse division
    lets be realistic, they should just put pittsburg into the atlantic division and remove the metropolitan division from the league at this point -.-

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Too true. The Metro division is the cream of the crop for mediocrity.

Also, Boston losing to Buffalo 4-2 last night

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Sharks player just stuck his knee out at Brown and Brown gets a 5 minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct, fucking ridiculous.
    Welcome to the I f-n hate these refs fanclub. Cookies to the right, brownies to the left.

Was hard to tell if Hertl stuck his knee out on purpose in the only angle I can find to look at, but it seems 100% incidental on the part of Brown.

The issue refs probably had with it is Brown is kind of notorious for being a dirty player. Reputations quite often lead to phantom calls.

- - - Updated - - -

So the rumors seem to be directly pointing towards Phaneuf getting a 7 or 8 year contract in the 45-55M range. This is fucking absurd... Yes, he's been better this year, and arguably the only half decent defenseman on the team, but anything more than 5.5M is overpaying (and even that is generous in my eyes).