The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you were wrong Armourboy. You can't just out hit the Hawks 5-1 and except that's be enough to beat them. Now the Avs can outskill them, which terrifies me :/

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never doubt the Hawks, I was skeptical after the first 2 games but series is never over until both teams have played at home. Hopefully Dallas can tie this series up, game 7s are so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blues just don't have much fight in them, third straight year they finished with four consecutive losses

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit this Fistric dude is doing his best Matt Cooke impression

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...gif?1398644745

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...gif?1398644896

same game lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Holy shit this Fistric dude is doing his best Matt Cooke impression

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...gif?1398644745

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...gif?1398644896

same game lmao
    I miss Mutant League Hockey, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    those plays happened real close together too, back to back shifts or the same shift after they iced it, something like that

they missed the first one which is too bad that could've been a game misconduct, and the second one led to the go-ahead goal on the PP for Dallas

been really unimpressed with the goalie Andersen in this game, and he just got pulled
    Last edited by draynay; 2014-04-28 at 01:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, the Hawks happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or have there been quite a few late-game equalizers this round?

Good bye Dallas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssss

10+ Year Old Account
    Duncan Keith, what an absolute monster he's been this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    No lead is safe this playoffs it seems. I've tuned into games seeing 3-1 or 4-2 and watching the other team come from behind and win. Makes for very good television though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Kings can make some magic happen my Kings-Ducks series will come true, so that's pretty cool, especially since their goaltending situation is a mess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If the Kings can make some magic happen my Kings-Ducks series will come true, so that's pretty cool, especially since their goaltending situation is a mess
    Same here, and don't worry Hiller will be waiting If you guys get through, good luck.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Early leader in our bracket challenge is Take It To Pound Town (whoever that is). He/She correctly picked all 4 series so far AND picked the correct series length in 3 of the 4 series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Early leader in our bracket challenge is Take It To Pound Town (whoever that is). He/She correctly picked all 4 series so far AND picked the correct series length in 3 of the 4 series.
    That's me.

Hoping LA can pull off a miracle here, though. My bracket is completely fucked if they don't.

What I don't get: how are so many people saying Colorado will roll Chicago? They're struggling against a mediocre team in Minnesota. My buddies are saying bullshit like "well the Wild just are a tougher matchup for Colorado."
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2014-04-28 at 07:01 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Colorado matches up really well with Chicago.. that's about the only reason people are probably saying it. While Minnesota is really not going to do much in anyone's eyes, they are a solid defensive team, and Kuemper is the biggest reason they're still even alive, let alone in the series at all. Crawford is a good goalie (I wouldn't put him in the NHL elite, personally, but that's just me based on his career numbers, which are easily much better in the playoffs), but it will definitely be interesting to see how he matches up against a team that torched him in the regular season a couple times. They also went 4-1 (1 ot win) against Chicago in the regular season (Chicago was 1-3-1).

Obviously playoff experience means a lot, but a healthy Duchene is going to help a bunch if they can close out against Minnesota. I'm just excited that so far we're looking at 1 goddamn exciting series between Boston/Montreal, another between Anaheim and LA/SJ, and likely one between Colorado/Chicago. No matter who wins in the Atlantic, I probably will care the least about that series (even if it's Pens/Flyers).

15+ Year Old Account
    I would think Chicago is relieved to be done with St. Louis and is looking forward to playing either team, really.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Colorado is legitimately the only team in the West I wouldn't be confident against. Not saying the other 6 teams couldn't beat the Hawks, but if I had to make a bet, I would bet on the Hawks every time to win the series against the other 6 teams. I was actually looking forward to a first round matchup with them, because then at least we could avoid Duchene.

The thing that confuses me about Colorado, is how does a team with that much skill/speed have such terrible corsi stats? 25th in the league in CF%.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I would bet on the Hawks every time to win the series against the other 6 teams. 25th in the league in CF%.
    I made this exact comment about the Bruins (with the Habs as the 1 team) earlier on another forum. Spooky.

As for their Corsi, everyone has been wondering when they, too, would fall off... it hasn't happened yet. Impressive, but you also have to wonder when it'll happen.

- - - Updated - - -

It was good while it lasted, Columbus. /salute

Don't think they're coming back this time. They've scored 1 goal in the last 5 periods now :/ Anyone been watching? If yes, what's the reffing been like?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't actually watch the Penguins play so I don't know, but I would guess a bunch of girls and flopping on the ice and getting away with it. Too bad we'll be stuck with those clowns for another series barring a (sorry) Toronto-esque third period collapse.