Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I can't actually watch the Penguins play so I don't know, but I would guess a bunch of girls and flopping on the ice and getting away with it. Too bad we'll be stuck with those clowns for another series barring a (sorry) Toronto-esque third period collapse.
    With the way Fleury has played, it will be a third period collapse.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2014-04-29 at 01:02 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Colorado is the only team in the league that can contend with Chicago's offense. I also think Minnesota is better than a lot of people give them credit for. They're extremely good defensively and have some good offensive players. Everyone seems to forget Matt Cooke took out the Av's best D man when their defense core is weak to begin with. Chicago either makes it a short series or we're in for a offense bonanza 7 gamer

It's cool, man... It's been almost a year.. it still hurts, but I can deal with the pain much better now.... If you need me I'll be in my bed crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Looks like you were wrong Armourboy. You can't just out hit the Hawks 5-1 and except that's be enough to beat them. Now the Avs can outskill them, which terrifies me :/
    Actually no I wasn't, I said that it was a toss up, it depended on how healed Toews and Kane were, if Miller was good and if St. Louis put in there chances. In the first 3 games Miller was decent and St. Louis put in their chances for the most part, thus a 2-1 lead. Miller gets very beatable, St. Louis doesn't make their chances and Chicago wins out. Also once Backes got knocked out, St. Louis seemed to lose that bit of edge they had in the first two games.

As far as an Avs-Chicago match up, most people thing the Avs can win because they can keep pace with Chicago, and if Varlamov gets in a zone he can completely shut things down. Crawford is a solid goalie, but I don't think he can completely take a series over.

The reason people think the Avs can beat Chicago ( assuming the get past Minnesota which has played tougher than I thought they would) is that they can score just as well as Chicago, and if Varlamov gets in a zone he can completely shut things down. Don't get me wrong, I think Crawford is a solid goalie, but I don't think anyone believes he can take over a series.

Deleted
    Hahaha what the actual.. Pens is about to let a 4-0 lead go to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    The avalanche is not into the next round yet :P

If anyone has been watching these games, two of the Wild losses have been when we had at least a goal lead late in the third which we then gave up when Av's pulled there goalie. We are letting the Colorado team play WAY to much on our side, and it is costing Minnesota greatly.

The Wild are one empty net goal from being up 3-2 atm (In game one, puck was going straight in, someone on Colo made a crazy good save, I cannot recall who it was)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I do not trust Minnesota with ANY lead right now, so this 1-0 lead is freaking me the hell out!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I made this exact comment about the Bruins (with the Habs as the 1 team) earlier on another forum. Spooky.

As for their Corsi, everyone has been wondering when they, too, would fall off... it hasn't happened yet. Impressive, but you also have to wonder when it'll happen.

- - - Updated - - -

It was good while it lasted, Columbus. /salute

Don't think they're coming back this time. They've scored 1 goal in the last 5 periods now :/ Anyone been watching? If yes, what's the reffing been like?
    Hasn't been horrid I don't think, like most series they tend to eye on the side of letting them play.

What in the fuck... 4-0... really? REALLY, Pittsburgh? If this happens, I'm going to shit from joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I also think Minnesota is better than a lot of people give them credit for. They're extremely good defensively and have some good offensive players. Everyone seems to forget Matt Cooke took out the Av's best D man when their defense core is weak to begin with.

Minnesota extremely good defensively? Have you been WATCHING this series? :O
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    4-3 and Columbus is one goal from catching up a 0-4 in one peroid..

Does Fleury have, like, a reverse deal with the Devil or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    The avalanche is not into the next round yet :P

If anyone has been watching these games, two of the Wild losses have been when we had at least a goal lead late in the third which we then gave up when Av's pulled there goalie. We are letting the Colorado team play WAY to much on our side, and it is costing Minnesota greatly.

The Wild are one empty net goal from being up 3-2 atm (In game one, puck was going straight in, someone on Colo made a crazy good save, I cannot recall who it was)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I do not trust Minnesota with ANY lead right now, so this 1-0 lead is freaking me the hell out!
    Yall have the same issue most defense heavy teams have against more skilled teams, not much room for error and every extra goal you need to win compounds the issue. I've been watching he same style for 15 years in Nashville, usually ends in lots of 2-1, 3-2 losses in the playoffs =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaah Minnesota with the fast 2-0 lead...this scares me. This is the exact situation we have been in all series it feels like. Get a lead, blow it with under 2 minutes left every time after goalie is pulled D:

- - - Updated - - -

That was one of the fastest goals i"ve ever personally seen, 49 seconds into the game lol.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Gaah Minnesota with the fast 2-0 lead...this scares me. This is the exact situation we have been in all series it feels like. Get a lead, blow it with under 2 minutes left every time after goalie is pulled D:

- - - Updated - - -

That was one of the fastest goals i"ve ever personally seen, 49 seconds into the game lol.
    You guys up 2-0? DAMNIT!

- - - Updated - - -

Pens made it.. barely. Very well fought Columubs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    No lead is safe this playoffs it seems. I've tuned into games seeing 3-1 or 4-2 and watching the other team come from behind and win. Makes for very good television though.

Good television? As a wild fan, it has been AWFUL, heart wrenching, soul crushing television :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    You guys up 2-0? DAMNIT!
    I assure you, not a single MN wild fan is comfortable with a two goal lead. Even if there were 30 seconds left in the game at this point. We are RATTLED.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    I assure you, not a single MN wild fan is comfortable with a two goal lead. Even if there were 30 seconds left in the game at this point. We are RATTLED.
    Wow.. Now I know what you mean

One of the worst player to give a breakaway to

2:00 left in the first; Not much longer until Roy pulls the goalie!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    2:00 left in the first; Not much longer until Roy pulls the goalie!
    Pretty damn much lol :P
    You're a towel.

Must admit I enjoyed watching that Stastny goal, Suter watching the pass and then that moment of realization that he can do nothing. Yeah sorry if I still don't like him :P

Deleted
    Ugh, time to see my beloved Sharks throw another game