Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dougie Hamilton hasn't exactly turned into the next Doughty or Weber now has he? And well, last I heard, Jared Knight hasn't made the NHL yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's only 21 years old though but he's a big boy who can actually play defense, something you guys could probably use right now. In an ideal world having Seguin and Hamilton is > having just Kessel but in the real world no one knows if Seguin would have worked out in Toronto or if they even would have drafted Hamilton/Knight had they kept the picks. Kessel and Seguin have similar point production but Kessel is more dangerous however Seguin can actually play defense. Toss up but the other draft picks given up in the deal kind of seal it in the other direction. It's not like you guys got robbed though, Kessel is an elite player.

I would say that deal has now worked out pretty well for 3 teams. Elite scorer to Leafs, elite scorer to Stars, Solid 3-4 D man (now... probably be a 2-3 when he peaks) and good scorer (now complete with concussion problems) to Bruins. Sucks how the Leafs went about it, but whatever... how much better/worse that team would be without Kessel, one will never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Month or so to go till start of the season, wahooo

Didn't realize I was M.I.A for so long,

We need to get a mod to update thread title to 2014/2015 Season
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2014-09-10 at 06:23 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking about making an entirely new thread. Seems silly to keep using one when every other sport makes a new thread for the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I'm thinking about making an entirely new thread. Seems silly to keep using one when every other sport makes a new thread for the new season.
    Wow wow wow wow no. This site is not ready for that sort of change.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    fuck that this thread is legendary

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got tickets to the Leafs preseason against the Flyers on the 23rd. Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    He's only 21 years old though but he's a big boy who can actually play defense, something you guys could probably use right now. In an ideal world having Seguin and Hamilton is > having just Kessel but in the real world no one knows if Seguin would have worked out in Toronto or if they even would have drafted Hamilton/Knight had they kept the picks.
    Based only on what I've heard about Seguin; if we drafted him I wouldn't have been surprised to be in the same boat as the Jets with Evander Kane situation where he'd clearly be out best player yet so cocky I wouldn't even want on my team. Starting off on a highly skilled team like Boston with mature leadership almost all around and players who were competing for the cup probably helped his future value more than he'd appreciate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    No point, the people who frequently and are most active in this one are still here.

The fact that we haven't needed a new thread.. is a good thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Based only on what I've heard about Seguin; if we drafted him I wouldn't have been surprised to be in the same boat as the Jets with Evander Kane situation where he'd clearly be out best player yet so cocky I wouldn't even want on my team. Starting off on a highly skilled team like Boston with mature leadership almost all around and players who were competing for the cup probably helped his future value more than he'd appreciate.
    Yeah I have a feeling canadian media would have torn him apart especially in TO, Phil doesn't seem to give a fuck.

anyone know if world jrs tix are on sale yet? I imagine new years eve canada vs usa are quite expensive since EICHEL VS MCDAVID OMG but I was thinkin of flying out there for one or two games.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-09-11 at 11:13 PM.

Oh what the fuck

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...outs-1.2763595

The so-called "spin-o-rama" move was banned from use in shootouts and penalty shots by the NHL as part of a package of rules changes released Thursday.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I think this is the first time the goalies have won in the past few years. So I am okay with it.

The other rules changes:

The goalkeeper's restricted "trapezoid" area expands by two feet from the goal post on both ends of the net.

Clipping, charging, elbowing, interference, kneeing, head-butting and butt-ending infractions join the same category as boarding and checking-from-behind fouls, whereby a player who incurs two such game misconducts in the category will be automatically suspended for one game.

Video reviewers may advise referees on whether their whistle was blown after losing sight of the puck on disputed goals.

More evidence of a "distinct kicking motion" is required for video reviewers to reverse a "goal" call or uphold a "no-goal" call made on the ice.

A two-minute tripping penalty may be called on defending players who trip players with their body/arm/shoulder, regardless of whether the defending player makes initial contact with the puck. But a penalty shot can not be awarded if the defending player touches the puck first.

Supplemental discipline for diving increases, with a graduated scale of fines for repeat offenders and their head coaches.

To curb face-off delay tactics following an icing call, a defending team committing a second faceoff violation (after a warning is issued) will receive a two-minute bench minor.

Faceoffs will remain in the attacking zone if a stoppage in play is the result of an attempt to create a scoring chance, such as a shot going off the net and out of play, or a shot deflected out of play by a teammate.

Hash marks on the end-zone circles widen from three feet to the international distance of five feet, seven inches.

--------------

The NHL tends to get a lot of things right when it comes to rule changes.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2014-09-11 at 11:38 PM.

That diving one is shit. No NHL player gives a shit about losing a few thousand. That's not going to demotivate anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one part I like is that they are going to start calling penalties on coaches who wait until right before puck drop to call time out.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are some retarded changes. Get rid of the fucking shootout if they are banning spin moves, cause it's boring ass fucking drivel without it. Tripping someone with an elbow or whatever is not tripping, it's called knocking someone over. There is a distinct difference between pushing someone over with a shoulder check and tripping, which entails pulling the feet out from under someone. Also suspensions for interference? What the fuck drugs are these idiots on cause I want some.

Why not fix the one fucking rule that these brainless tards keep missing and that is blatant goaltender interference even on replays.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to eliminate the shootout.

I would do it like this.

1 - OT is 10m 4v4
    2 - 2 points is awarded for OT win, no points awarded for OT loss
    3 - 1 point if it finishes in a tie.

Kill the shootout outright.. gimmicks shouldn't decide games. Make OT meaningful. In divisional games playing for the win, and knowing you can put a dent in your opponents chances seem a lot more exciting.. then giving a bonus point for losing.
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2014-09-12 at 10:03 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_dWb5P1WAI

Young stars tournament started today. Ehlers has been very impressive so far too but god Gaudreau makes me feel things.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am wondering if Connor Brown can crack the Leafs roster, I hope he gets a shot.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    To curb face-off delay tactics following an icing call, a defending team committing a second faceoff violation (after a warning is issued) will receive a two-minute bench minor.
    I don't get this... There's already a two minute DOG minor for the player at the dot if he gets a violation after someone already got tossed. Are they saying you get the DOG on the player at the dot AND a bench minor, so you automatically in a 5 on 3 if this happens? That's rough.