Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep dreamin lmao this thread goes to shit during playoffs, random bandwagon fans with uninformed opinions acting as if its from the gospel of gretzky

- - - Updated - - -

ramo played fucking awesome last night we should have lost badly

NEW YORK -- Five-time NHL All-Star, two-time Olympic gold medalist and Stanley Cup champion Chris Pronger has joined the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety, NHL Senior Vice President Player Safety Stephane Quintal announced today.
    Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...id=DL|NHL|home

I don't know how I feel about this. Yes, Pronger was a very successful player and it was often times nice to see him play and score goals from the blue line with his hard shots, but he was also a very dirty player way too often.
    With that said, I am not sure if Pronger is the right man to be in the department of Player Safety.

Thoughts?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaani View Post
    Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...id=DL|NHL|home

I don't know how I feel about this. Yes, Pronger was a very successful player and it was often times nice to see him play and score goals from the blue line with his hard shots, but he was also a very dirty player way too often.
    With that said, I am not sure if Pronger is the right man to be in the department of Player Safety.

Thoughts?
    Sure he was a dirty player but that does not mean he will do a bad job now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I'm sure he'll do a fine and hopefully unbiased job. The bigger and more confusing issue is that he's still on the Flyers payroll and that this is technically a violation of the CBA

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    I'm sure he'll do a fine and hopefully unbiased job. The bigger and more confusing issue is that he's still on the Flyers payroll and that this is technically a violation of the CBA

It is but it's also a well known fact that he won't be playing hockey again at any point. I am sure the league and players union had to agree to it because it is technically collusion.

That's not really why I think he's not the right person for the job.
    I find that someone who represents the department for Player Safety should have been a role-model (clean play style) during the active career. Pronger was someone who didn't care much if his opponents got hurt or not.
    That's what bothers me.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Deleted
    Time for some games! Pens - Leafs to start the night! Expect Pens to pretty much crush the Leafs. Then I will move on to Sharks - Jets!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaani View Post
    That's not really why I think he's not the right person for the job.
    I find that someone who represents the department for Player Safety should have been a role-model (clean play style) during the active career. Pronger was someone who didn't care much if his opponents got hurt or not.
    That's what bothers me.
    Yea it bothers you. But it does not bother me at all. That is what I meant in my last post.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don Cherry is in rare form tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Don Cherry is in rare form tonight.
    I never get to see anything from him. Instead I get to watch the ice getting fixed!

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never get to see anything from him. Instead I get to watch the ice getting fixed!
    Yeah, I guess the key to the Leafs suckitude is that they don't draft enough Canadians.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Specifically guys out of the OHL, good old Ontaria boys'll help 'em out

10+ Year Old Account
    Habs win again! What a game. These boys are rising some form of black magic.

Deleted
    Woop! Sharks take the lead right away!

- - - Updated - - -

2-0 HERTL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Minnesota might take both games of the home and home to start the season..good start.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    3-0 to Sharks after the 2 periods. Feels pretty safe right now.

uuuuugh that was a disappointing outing tonight against the Blues. But then again the Blues are a pretty good team.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Well.. The idiots at viasat (my NHL stream) decided to cut off the Sharks game for NHL tonight.... I am done and going bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    " The only time Colorado was shut out last season was on March 21 against Boston."

Wow, and the first two games of the season the Wild shut them out! That is pretty impressive
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    My only wish is that we don't have the playoff Hab fans join this thread again. I cannot stand them at all.
    Yup, a lot of annoying ones in the past who only come around during the playoffs or when the Habs beat the leafs.

I'm just hoping we lose enough for McDavid or Eichel. This is supposedly the year to suck if we're going to finally do it right.