Matt Stajan is slowly becoming a player I hate to see on the ice...if he's not botching faceoffs, he's taking penalties, or throwing the puck away on stupid passes/plays...he was goddamn awful against Anaheim on Wednesday. Treliving needs to just trade him away for picks and bring Granlund back up.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So pumped for the ASG, I love the skills competition but I wish it was more than just rookies competing. That sorta thing is what Kane and Datsyuk were made for
    http://gyazo.com/c5effc57550e579b1ad55c5883a8eddf

What do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Matt Stajan is slowly becoming a player I hate to see on the ice...if he's not botching faceoffs, he's taking penalties, or throwing the puck away on stupid passes/plays...he was goddamn awful against Anaheim on Wednesday. Treliving needs to just trade him away for picks and bring Granlund back up.
    Granlund isn't an NHL center. As much as you might hate Stajan, he's better than anyone else we can put on the 4th line currently. Granlund is atrocious in the faceoff circle where Stajan was actually 63% the other night vs Anaheim. It's good to have veterans in the lineup instead of icing a bunch of kids, another year in the AHL will do nothing but help the pipeline. You don't want what happened in Edmonton to happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Granlund isn't an NHL center. As much as you might hate Stajan, he's better than anyone else we can put on the 4th line currently. Granlund is atrocious in the faceoff circle where Stajan was actually 63% the other night vs Anaheim. It's good to have veterans in the lineup instead of icing a bunch of kids, another year in the AHL will do nothing but help the pipeline. You don't want what happened in Edmonton to happen here.
    Can we still just get rid of Stajan either way? If he's not injured he's just making me cringe every time he's on the ice

Not to mention he seems to get tossed out of faceoffs more than he wins them
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-01-23 at 09:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to get much for a 4th line veteran tbh. You'd be lucky for a 4th and at that point, it's prob just better keeping him. He's good in the locker room too which is super underrated.

He's also a 4th line center with a $3.1M cap hit Though it's not like we're in cap trouble.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    http://gyazo.com/c5effc57550e579b1ad55c5883a8eddf

What do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Weird, I swear I read somewhere that it was going to be all rookies. Cool

Yeah it's just 6 rookies getting plonked into the skills competition along with whoever else from either team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's just 6 rookies getting plonked into the skills competition along with whoever else from either team.
    Yet some of the rookies might be better than the vets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So pumped for the ASG, I love the skills competition but I wish it was more than just rookies competing. That sorta thing is what Kane and Datsyuk were made for
    The skills competition is my favorite part. Third best memory of Messier behind his guarantee and hoisting the cup was when he won the accuracy title back in 96.

Some pretty interesting stuff to watch. That saucer pass part, jesus that's nuts. Weber misses the net and then comes out with a 108.5, crazy. Forsberg looked like a boss what little chance he got, would have loved to have seen him in the breakout part, kid is probably pretty creative. Patrick Kane, is there anyone more nuts with a shot than him? I seriously though he was going 4 for 4 in like 5 seconds there for a minute.

I really enjoyed Suter not being able to one time the puck into the net, I giggled with joy. Yes I know its wrong but I can't help it.

Suter gets his first goal of the season and it doesn't even count!

As far as All Star Games go, that wasn't too bad or boring I guess heh. The little mock tussle in the 2nd period was worth a laugh.

Time to roll again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright first night back from the All-Star break.

Coyotes @ Flyers
    Rangers @ Isles
    Capitals @ Blue Jackets
    Jets @ Pens
    Stars @ Habs
    Wings @ Panthers
    Bolts @ Canes
    Avalanche @ Preds
    Sabres @ Flames
    Wild @ Oilers
    Ducks @ Nucks

The only one that didn't feel right was taking Panthers over the Red Wings. But this Florida team is different.

Edit: Also, St. Louis did what New Jersey should have done in regards to Brodeur.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Edit: Also, St. Louis did what New Jersey should have done in regards to Brodeur.
    Cloned him in his draft year so they could have a younger, healthier version of him ready for this season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloned him in his draft year so they could have a younger, healthier version of him ready for this season?
    I imagine when cloning becomes a thing. That Brodeur and Roy will fetch stupid amounts of money for their younger selves.

Alright first night back from the All-Star break.

Avalanche @ Preds.
    We have Hutton in net tonight; Colorado is going to take this one.

EDIT: Huh...we actually won, though it's certainly not because of a stellar performance from Hutton. Letting a goal in in the last 30 seconds to send us to OT? Ugh.
    Last edited by Osoroshii; 2015-01-28 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine when cloning becomes a thing. That Brodeur and Roy will fetch stupid amounts of money for their younger selves.
    I don't know about Roy, but Brodeur will fuck anything that moves so there should be plenty of mini Brodeurs out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    We have Hutton in net tonight; Colorado is going to take this one.

EDIT: Huh...we actually won, though it's certainly not because of a stellar performance from Hutton. Letting a goal in in the last 30 seconds to send us to OT? Ugh.
    I want to remind you of the Kings game, where Rinne let in three in the last two minutes. That goal wasn't Huttons fault tonight, someone probably should have cleared it before it came cross ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    I want to remind you of the Kings game, where Rinne let in three in the last two minutes. That goal wasn't Huttons fault tonight, someone probably should have cleared it before it came cross ice.
    I'll grant that everyone has an off night and sometimes that off night is really, really terrible and Hutton seems to have these issues a lot more frequently than Rinne. He's shown flashes of real skill, but he's just not consistent enough to play at the NHL level yet; I want to move him back to Milwaukee for a year or two to develop a bit more.

Deleted
    Iginla's goal last night was pretty sick!