10+ Year Old Account
    So, seeing subbans slashing for the first time tonight, how is that not a suspension? The only reason for that was to cause injury... And now here he is effecting more games
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Game 2 and the Preds eat the Hawks 6 - 2...and I had to miss it because of work. GOD. DAMN. IT.
    Should of been 6-1, the 2nd goal scored by Kane the Refs missed a clear 6 men on the ice and an insanely bad interference which is how Kane was behind everyone. Lavi was ticked, apparently Chicago got away with 4-5 last game and this one just added insult to injury. Luckily the guys said screw it and got 4 more.

Crawford is struggling big time, although not all of the goals are his fault. I expect to see Darling for Game 3.

Oh yeah, and we did it without both Fisher and Weber ( really afraid he tore something in his knee which may be the dagger for us). Josi and Jones both played insanely well. Hell even Franson and Santo didn't suck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    So, seeing subbans slashing for the first time tonight, how is that not a suspension? The only reason for that was to cause injury... And now here he is effecting more games
    I quote Lavi " Montreal typical "

10+ Year Old Account
    Jarret Stoll arrested in Vegas for possession of coke and molly.

GDMT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MISS THE PLAYOFFS.

There's got to be some more ways for the Kings to fuck up, or ex-Kings I guess... Stoll is a UFA.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Jarret Stoll arrested in Vegas for possession of coke and molly.

GDMT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MISS THE PLAYOFFS.

There's got to be some more ways for the Kings to fuck up, or ex-Kings I guess... Stoll is a UFA.
    Well he may have fun finding a job now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody said it was easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the people have already beat the NHL. Look at the Rocket. Also, I get heckled all the time when I wear my Habs jersey out in the city. A city full of Jets fans and they poke fun. It's just fun until someone takes it a bit too far and tries to fight me. I have hand to hand combat training as well.

I am just glad we don't have any playoff Habs fans in the thread this year. So annoying when they show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Goes both ways. I see someone with a Canucks jersey, I'll let them know that I think the Canucks suck. They'll flip me the bird and we'll both laugh and carry on with our days. I didn't know there was such thing as a respectful rivalry, especially not in a Canucks/Flames playoff series. All the best rivalries are fueled by hate but at the end of the day it's a game. The only people who take it too seriously are drunken idiots who fight each other and spend a night in the drunk tank. Montreal/Boston would suck if it was a "respectful rivalry" and so would ours.
    Yeah you're right. See the fucked up thing about Vancouver is that there's a huge trend among the younger people from the city to wear Edmonton, San Jose or Anaheim jerseys and hats because it's "cooler" to hate the Canucks than it is to cheer for them.

These are the people that just rag on the team 24/7 but know shit all about hockey, and they're like cancer - I'd be far more inclined to get into a fistfight with them than with an actual rival fan.

Bear in mind as well that I'm actually from Victoria. So if you know anything about the Lower Mainland you'll know that most of us islanders hate the arrogant and narcissistic urban culture of Vancouver and the people that are a part of it. The Canucks are my team, but I'll be fucked if Vancouver is my city.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Bieksa calling the flames a bunch of dumb-dumbs.... classic Ricky.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah you're right. See the fucked up thing about Vancouver is that there's a huge trend among the younger people from the city to wear Edmonton, San Jose or Anaheim jerseys and hats because it's "cooler" to hate the Canucks than it is to cheer for them.

These are the people that just rag on the team 24/7 but know shit all about hockey, and they're like cancer - I'd be far more inclined to get into a fistfight with them than with an actual rival fan.

Bear in mind as well that I'm actually from Victoria. So if you know anything about the Lower Mainland you'll know that most of us islanders hate the arrogant and narcissistic urban culture of Vancouver and the people that are a part of it. The Canucks are my team, but I'll be fucked if Vancouver is my city.
    Those are the types of fans I spoke of earlier that I plan on beaking. They stick out like a sore thumb and they'll be out in full force on Sunday. Can't wait!

Deleted
    Those hawks thought it was going to be a walk in the park.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man the wild have been outplaying them the entire third but to little to late I think

- - - Updated - - -

And yep it's over. Hilarious save by dubs when he was leaving the ice though.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice win for the blues, let's see if the wild can turn their mediocre home record into a different thing in the playoffs :P
    You're a towel.

I've lived in Edmonton and Vancouver and it's amazing how much more douchey people are in Vancouver. If I go to an Oilers Canucks game they will heckle me usually in terrible broken english about how bad the oilers are. Yeah I know they're terrible. I remember going to Oilers games all the time and even Flames fans didnt get heckled cause it was a respectful rivalry. (I guess that comes from mutual respect from two teams that have actually won the cup.)

Vancouver doesnt even respect their own city (We'll show Boston, lets break our own windows!), much less people there supporting their awful ticket prices.

Overall glad I moved away from Vancouver. A boiling pot of mediocrity and douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I've lived in Edmonton and Vancouver and it's amazing how much more douchey people are in Vancouver. If I go to an Oilers Canucks game they will heckle me usually in terrible broken english about how bad the oilers are. Yeah I know they're terrible. I remember going to Oilers games all the time and even Flames fans didnt get heckled cause it was a respectful rivalry. (I guess that comes from mutual respect from two teams that have actually won the cup.)

Vancouver doesnt even respect their own city (We'll show Boston, lets break our own windows!), much less people there supporting their awful ticket prices.

Overall glad I moved away from Vancouver. A boiling pot of mediocrity and douchebags.
    The only thing I disagree with in this post is about the riots - the vast majority of rioters were from other locations in the Lower Mainland who trashed Vancouver because it wasn't their city so they didn't care about it.

Also, Hartley got fined $50,000 for putting all his plugs out in a 4-1 loss with 1:17 to go

The only thing I disagree with in this post is about the riots - the vast majority of rioters were from other locations in the Lower Mainland who trashed Vancouver because it wasn't their city so they didn't care about it.

Also, Hartley got fined $50,000 for putting all his plugs out in a 4-1 loss with 1:17 to go
    Yeah I've heard the people that rioted were going to do it regardless and just use the celebrations as a smoke screen, but still I'm sure there were a lot of Vancouver citizens who got caught up in the moment of drunken revelry and started smashing shit as well.

Haha didn't the Flames do this against Torts last year? Or was that a different team? It was like a brawl at the start of the game.

I think this series is gonna go 6 or 7 games. The Flames always seem to do well against the Canucks. I'm sure Gelinas has a good speech prepared for later in the series.

edit: Also I hope the Oilers get McDavid just for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Those are the types of fans I spoke of earlier that I plan on beaking. They stick out like a sore thumb and they'll be out in full force on Sunday. Can't wait!
    the last flames/canucks game I was at...idk, years ago...me and a buddy ended up surrounded by Canucks fans, it was so weird. Fuelled by beers and the fact Luongo had let in like 4 goals...I don't think we let up for the entire game lol. Every instance of Canuck failure was exacerbated by both of us and our running commentary. Even just simple playground shit like following "Looouuuu" chants with a loud "seeerrrr!" afterwards, they were getting so fucky about it lol.

I normally don't like being loud and boorish at games, but the way these people were acting right up until the puck drop, talking shit, giving us shit for being the only red jerseys in the area, bitching about Iggy, wanking about Bieksa and the Sedins...they totally deserved it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've heard the people that rioted were going to do it regardless and just use the celebrations as a smoke screen, but still I'm sure there were a lot of Vancouver citizens who got caught up in the moment of drunken revelry and started smashing shit as well.

Haha didn't the Flames do this against Torts last year? Or was that a different team? It was like a brawl at the start of the game.

I think this series is gonna go 6 or 7 games. The Flames always seem to do well against the Canucks. I'm sure Gelinas has a good speech prepared for later in the series.

edit: Also I hope the Oilers get McDavid just for the lulz.
    For his own sake I hope McDavid doesn't have to play in Edmonton, it just seems like such a waste. I have more faith in the Sabres being able to turn things around than the Oilers.

This series looks like it's going to be a marathon - the teams are really evenly matched, and I think Game 1 pretty much encapsulated that.

And yeah, he did do that last season (and got fined $25,000 then). I wonder what the rules are for repeat offender coaches :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    the last flames/canucks game I was at...idk, years ago...me and a buddy ended up surrounded by Canucks fans, it was so weird. Fuelled by beers and the fact Luongo had let in like 4 goals...I don't think we let up for the entire game lol. Every instance of Canuck failure was exacerbated by both of us and our running commentary. Even just simple playground shit like following "Looouuuu" chants with a loud "seeerrrr!" afterwards, they were getting so fucky about it lol.

I normally don't like being loud and boorish at games, but the way these people were acting right up until the puck drop, talking shit, giving us shit for being the only red jerseys in the area, bitching about Iggy, wanking about Bieksa and the Sedins...they totally deserved it.
    But you can rest assured that it would have been the exact opposite if you had been Canucks fans in Calgary. People that start shit in other teams' home towns deserve pretty much everything they get. It's just that if you did something like that in New York or Boston you'd probably wake up in the hospital.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2015-04-18 at 10:51 PM.

For his own sake I hope McDavid doesn't have to play in Edmonton, it just seems like such a waste. I have more faith in the Sabres being able to turn things around than the Oilers.

This series looks like it's going to be a marathon - the teams are really evenly matched, and I think Game 1 pretty much encapsulated that.

And yeah, he did do that last season (and got fined $25,000 then). I wonder what the rules are for repeat offender coaches :P
    ya even as an oilers fan I kind of hope he doesnt have to suffer there. 3 years living in Edmonton is bad enough, but 3 years playing for the Oilers is worse. I have a feeling that Taylor Hall is the salty susan on the team, cause when he was injured they were actually playing better. I always thought we should have drafted Seguin, who was on pace to be top 3 in points this year. And Seguin has an edge to him, doesnt always look mildly confused and lethargic.

edit: also how do they even know the draft % order? I know buffalo has 20% but how do they do the math to decide? I hope it is fixed just so that the Oilers dont get #1 again. Sick of them wasting talent with their terrible management.

That's so fucking stupid. Hamhuis went after Bollig first, Richardson put Stajan in a headlock, Mathias went after Ferland while he was in shoving with Hamhuis, Dorsett got the gloves up in Engelland's face first. Then there's Hamhuis still going 3rd man in on Engelland.

It takes two to tango. Levying fines when the other team is clearly willing is stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes lol. Now that one, I would agree with Hartley trying to stir the shit pot lol. Starting a game with a line with McGrattan and Westgarth against the Sedins, classic.

All in all I blame the Oilers. That rivalry is all but dead, so all that's left is Calgary v Vancouver. I miss McGrattan lol.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-04-18 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That's so fucking stupid. Hamhuis went after Bollig first, Richardson put Stajan in a headlock, Mathias went after Ferland while he was in shoving with Hamhuis, Dorsett got the gloves up in Engelland's face first. Then there's Hamhuis still going 3rd man in on Engelland.

It takes two to tango. Levying fines when the other team is clearly willing is stupid.

Yes lol. Now that one, I would agree with Hartley trying to stir the shit pot lol. Starting a game with a line with McGrattan and Westgarth against the Sedins, classic.

All in all I blame the Oilers. That rivalry is all but dead, so all that's left is Calgary v Vancouver. I miss McGrattan lol.
    I agree, what I saw was two teams at the end of a tough game fighting with each other. Nothing particularly bad happened in the scrap, so I don't see why it needs to be dissected in every minute detail by either fanbase to figure out exactly who was at fault and for what.

As far as Hartley getting fined for this one, I'm pretty sure the precedent last season is entirely the reason. I doubt if that hadn't happened that he would have seen this fine.

Nothing particularly bad happened in the scrap
    Truth be told I was up on my couch yelling at the tv while Richardson and Stajan were going at it, because that fight was getting fucky quick.