10+ Year Old Account
    You know most hockey is now on Versus, right? 2008-2011, what's been happening? Oh yeah, hockey popularity on the rise.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    a hockey fan from the states means we are bandwagon fans or something. get that stereotype outta here.
    I have no problem with more hockey fans, the more the better.

However, too many Americans stereotype hockey with Canada only or use it as an excuse when they lose (Olympics)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    10 mins....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    I have no problem with more hockey fans, the more the better.

However, too many Americans stereotype hockey with Canada only or use it as an excuse when they lose (Olympics)

I agree, the more the better. And the stereotype is definitely not one-sided, I get where you're coming from. Stereotypes will always be there but hey, at least we can look past it and have some good clean forum fun for our favorite sport GO SHARKS <3

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 01:04 AM ----------

Also, here's a link for anyone like myself who isn't at home or at their favorite bar to watch the game: http://atdhe.ws/

Canucks? Diving?

This goof needs to take a look at Thornton.

*cue the gif*

Canucks? Diving?

*cue the gif*

You mean this one? Also, you call that a dive? DUDE HAD A LIGHTSABER AND CUT HIS FEET OFF!! COME ON!!! /sarcasm Yeah that was a dive. Thornton has done more acting in this post season since he has ever done before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks? Diving?

*cue the gif*

Edit: Lol, Sharks fan beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Edit: Lol, Sharks fan beat me to it
    I had to

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 01:27 AM ----------

btw 1-0 Sharks nice goal by Couture.

sedins homie

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Sedin!

and as I'm typing...

Go Torres!

WOOOO Go CANUCKS!!!!

2-1 nucks

lol 10

10+ Year Old Account
    GG sharks time for you to go home sadface(the sadface is for the sharks not me)

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    In a "goal scoring situation" it is up to the refs discretion whether to blow the play dead as soon as the goalie is helmetless or not. I guess they felt it was such a situation because it was essentially an empty net and Tampa had control of the puck. Pretty shitty rule really when you consider that in most goal scoring situations, the offensive team is going to be shooting at the helmetless goalie which makes no freaking sense at all. It is one of those situations that is hard to make right like the official "intending" to blow the whistle in his mind and canceling out a goal. Thomas' helmet didn't break because of a Tampa shot or stick which would justify its removal, like happened in a Detroit game and in a Philly game this postseason, and therefore a stoppage in play. Thomas lost his helmet because his own player fell on him. It doesn't seem like a legitimate whistle to call regardless of safety issues if your helmet is lost because of your own player without giving the other team some sort of compensation. Maybe that should be a penalty or penalty shot. Currently it is a potential non-stoppage of play potentially resulting in the goalie getting hit in the face with the puck which just seems absolutely stupid.
    They were talking about the rule on NHL on the Fly after I had posted that. I understand why there was no whistle now, but it still doesn't make sense. If the other team has the puck and a chance to score the play won't be blown dead. Yet, like you said, they're still going to be shooting at a maskless goalie. Doesn't really seem to protect them that way. Obviously injury did occur in that play, albeit minor. I do think a penalty shot would be fair compensation though if it were to change.

need to sharpen those skates heatley? what an embarrassment

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf is that penalty for? kids in the minors dont fall from that

15+ Year Old Account
    good to see that San Jose is getting some home cooking from the referees. again. bad penalty and it leads to a goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever it takes to get an advantage I suppose. That goal was luck, thankfully the puck was across the line, 2-2!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Whatever it takes to get an advantage I suppose. That goal was luck, thankfully the puck was across the line, 2-2!
    true i forgot that this was the team whos home rink is called the Shark "Dive" Tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    for the canucks fans that got pissed off by that goal/penalty

well it made me feel better