10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    And baseball fields a smaller roster than football, right? A football roster is 53 people and the cap is 175 milllion.

And we thought we had a problem with 30m a year QBs.
    There is a 25 man roster all the way until September. Then you get a 40 man roster.

Bryce Harper is expected to make 40 mill a year this year. Pitchers are getting into the 35 million range now. Harper will play roughly 150 games, the Pitcher will start approximately 30 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Baseball is a joke competition wise. The bottom teams spend as little as they can. Then you have the heavy hitters spend above the cap and pay a luxury tax. The small markets don’t mind because they receive a cut of the luxury tax. There is no incentive to be competitive for small markets because they receive more money from the bigger teams than they would make if they did go and try to be competitive.
    I couldn't agree more, I was ok with this at first because I was young and naive thinking these teams can now compete and it just goes to show that if you give people something for nothing by leeching off those who work hard they will just continue to be lazy and selfish...the whole luxury tax for baseball needs to go.

If you are too lazy or cheap to put a competitive team on the field then you should suffer for it.

The people who own these teams make WAY more than they make it out to be, and when they cry poverty because teams like the yankees, red sox, dodgers spend the money it's like a player getting paid to stand for the national anthem then protesting during it but doing nothing outside of when the cameras on them.

In summary, it's a half-assed gesture.

- - - Updated - - -

And baseball fields a smaller roster than football, right? A football roster is 53 people and the cap is 175 milllion.

And we thought we had a problem with 30m a year QBs.
    yeah, in baseball there is no salary cap, there isn't even the concept of a "soft cap" or "hard cap". And if you're going to cite the luxury tax, let's face it, that's the biggest joke of them all.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know anything about MLB, but teams can spend above the cap? What's the point of the cap? Isn't the cap supposed to be a hard line to enforce parity?
    Salary caps are supposed to be hard lines, but yet people in charge want to make it sound like a hard cap but teams routinely go over them and pretty much say they don't worry about the salary caps so honestly it's pretty much all for show.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

That game last night was fucking amazing. NHL Finals are going to be way better than NBA Finals this year.

Ovi was pretty quiet though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That game last night was fucking amazing. NHL Finals are going to be way better than NBA Finals this year.

Four game sweep by the Warriors. Maybe 4-1 if Lebron goes Thanos and absolutely puts up a 60 pt triple double.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And the NHL finals?
    You had 4 on the Flower. You need your goalie to win that game. He won't let you do that to him again. Vegas in 5.

yeah that was a ridiculous game last night, very excited for the rest of the games in this series but man do i really want to see vegas win!

- - - Updated - - -

They did a San Jose Sharks on us. After years of picking them to win the East. Everyone finally gave up and they did it.

Also, the only other comparable to the Vegas situation is what Leicester City did in the EPL. 5000-1 Odds they would win and they pulled it off.
    what did leicester city do in the Eastern Plaguelands?

You had 4 on the Flower. You need your goalie to win that game. He won't let you do that to him again. Vegas in 5.
    Arguable. Fleury is a great goalie who has had some really awful series when he has enough pressure. Capitals know his style and even if Vegas is 3-0 Fleury can have 4 bad games in a row.

But yeah, if Fleury isn't having a mental breakdown then Caps need to be much better defensively.

No thoughts on Game 2?

I thought the Caps would get slaughtered by the end of period 1. That they weren't was hilarious and amazing. Eller's goal was more about the fucking amazing assist, and Ovi's goal was a little nice bit of tic-tac-toe, I wish the Sabres could do that shit.

And then that fucking save by Holtby at the end of the 3rd. I'm not a Caps fan and even my heart jumped up into my throat. The whole crowd thought that was in.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thoughts on Game 2?

I thought the Caps would get slaughtered by the end of period 1. That they weren't was hilarious and amazing. Eller's goal was more about the fucking amazing assist, and Ovi's goal was a little nice bit of tic-tac-toe, I wish the Sabres could do that shit.

And then that fucking save by Holtby at the end of the 3rd. I'm not a Caps fan and even my heart jumped up into my throat. The whole crowd thought that was in.
    Hell of a game, I'm loving this series so far

No thoughts on Game 2?

That was a crazy save, but I honestly don't know whether to credit him or ding the shooter for that shot placement. He had the entire net and just shot through it and kept it low.

Was a great game for sure; the final minute was really intense with like 5 icings. Still hoping for a Vegas championship, tho!
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    That was a crazy save, but I honestly don't know whether to credit him or ding the shooter for that shot placement. He had the entire net and just shot through it and kept it low.

Was a great game for sure; the final minute was really intense with like 5 icings. Still hoping for a Vegas championship, tho!
    ahmen to that brotha!

I don't usually tune in for the pregame show, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see Sting performing. Anyone got predictions for game 3? I think the Caps win another 1 goal, down to the last second game but I hope I'm wrong and Vegas steals this one to regain home ice.

At second glance, the reggae just lost me from this show. Gross.

Oh man, I'll take that goal however we can get it. Better to be lucky than good sometimes. Go Vegas!

Ugh, what a terrible mistake in your own zone. Well, there goes the game.
    Last edited by sibut; 2018-06-03 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Vegas and Nashville last year. Teams are definitely stepping up their production budget for the playoffs. That’s a good thing, makes the game more entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Ovechkin "back check" is such a gruesome sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The gruesome sight right now is on the scoreboard...
    Oh I'm enjoying that part.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand I think Washington has Vegas figured out but on the other I'm waiting to see just how they'll choke this one away

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegas classy as usual.

Fleury went from like a .95 save average to an .875 before tonight. Who knows what it is now, he's on the hook for all 6 of those goals.

Man, I love it. I think only one team has ever lost up 3-1, in 30+ Cups. I'm thinking Ovie for the Conn Smythe, but Kuznetzov has a case. But I think it goes to Ovechkin because of the "story" of his career. The 14 goals help too.

Before last night I could have seen it going to Fleury even in a loss, but Ovechkin likely getting it.