Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I don't think they can, I know they can.
    I hope the Bruins have the same mindset. As much as I want Vancouver to finally win it, I'd like to see a good final series too.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I don't think they can, I know they can.
    By the power of Bettman.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    By the power of Bettman.
    let us pray:
    Lord puck who art in heaven hockey be thy name
    thy trophy comes,
    thy will be won,
    on earth as it is in rogers arena.
    Give us this goal our daily win
    and forgive 40 years,
    as we have forgiven bettman.
    And lead us not into failure,
    but deliver us from bears.

meh im bored....

Lets just hope when Vancouver wins they dont burn down the city.

Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Are people really trying to blame the refs on tb's loss? Like really people grow up tb lost because the bruins totally shut there offense down plain and simple and if anyone was hurt by the officiating it was boston I saw 2 blatant hooks a interference and a cross checking that werent called not to mention the horrible hand passing call that killed a 3 on 2 so dont try to pull the refs card tb lost to a superior team whether you like them or not the bruins were just a better team.
    Dont know if you watch this series or not but if you did you would know just giving Tampa 1 powerplay would kill the B's and like Kerry Fraser said put away the whizzle' is the same as saying let them cheat. And we clearly know who benefited on the let them play mentality that scared and bad refs apply.

If it is a penalty in 3rd week of October it is a penalty in Game 7 of the Cup final in a tied game with 4 min left on the clock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Dont know if you watch this series or not but if you did you would know just giving Tampa 1 powerplay would kill the B's and like Kerry Fraser said put away the whizzle' is the same as saying let them cheat. And we clearly know who benefited on the let them play mentality that scared and bad refs apply.

If it is a penalty in 3rd week of October it is a penalty in Game 7 of the Cup final in a tied game with 4 min left on the clock.
    ahahah that would basically give the cup to the canucks though, and we know theres no chance of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briellas View Post
    Lets just hope when Vancouver wins they dont burn down the city.
    If they don't, the next Cascadia earthquake will take care of that.

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 08:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    ahahah that would basically give the cup to the canucks though, and we know theres no chance of that.
    Pretty much, the league seems to hate every Canadian team.

Edit: Except Toronto... of all franchises.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, the league seems to hate every Canadian team.

Edit: Except Toronto... of all franchises.
    Speaking of Canadian teams, Winnipeg is back! Official announcement in an hour. I love how True North has been trying to buy the league owned Coyotes for about a year now while the NHL and Glendale tried desperately to hand hundreds of millions to a potential US owner yet somehow they managed to buy and relocate the Thrashers in about two weeks lol.

Congratulations to Atlanta on losing your second NHL franchise. Maybe the NHL will give them a third and we can all watch that one fail again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Speaking of Canadian teams, Winnipeg is back! Official announcement in an hour. I love how True North has been trying to buy the league owned Coyotes for about a year now while the NHL and Glendale tried desperately to hand hundreds of millions to a potential US owner yet somehow they managed to buy and relocate the Thrashers in about two weeks lol.

Congratulations to Atlanta on losing your second NHL franchise. Maybe the NHL will give them a third and we can all watch that one fail again.
    does this mean detroit will move to the Eastern Conference?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Atlanta never seemed like a smart place to have a hockey team.

Florida at least sort of makes sense because of all the snowbirds that live down there. Like one of my Aunts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Atlanta never seemed like a smart place to have a hockey team.

Florida at least sort of makes sense because of all the snowbirds that live down there. Like one of my Aunts.
    yeah but bettman is an ass (and by that i mean the dumb sort) who will probably move the yotes to atlanta next year to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    does this mean detroit will move to the Eastern Conference?
    Apparently Winnipeg will remain in the Eastern Conference for next season.

Moving Nashville into the Southeast and putting Winnipeg in the Central would be the easiest way to realign, I think, but I'm sure the NHL will come up with something unnecessarily complicated instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    Apparently Winnipeg will remain in the Eastern Conference for next season.

Moving Nashville into the Southeast and putting Winnipeg in the Central would be the easiest way to realign, I think, but I'm sure the NHL will come up with something unnecessarily complicated instead.
    detroit and columbus are both further east than Nashville is. and furthermore detroit has been asking to move to the east longer than anyone.

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 04:57 PM ----------

hell now that i think about it, Detroit is further East than Atlanta is >.>

detroit and columbus are both further east than Nashville is. and furthermore detroit has been asking to move to the east longer than anyone.

The problem with moving Detroit to the East is where to put them, and who to move out once they're in.

Plus, the NHL doesn't seem to care much about whether or not a team is geographically located in the proximity of its division's namesake (see: Dallas Stars in the Pacific). I think with the rise of the Lightning and the continuation of the high level of play by the Capitals, having Nashville in the mix could make the Southeast a very interesting place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    The problem with moving Detroit to the East is where to put them, and who to move out once they're in.

Plus, the NHL doesn't seem to care much about whether or not a team is geographically located in the proximity of its division's namesake (see: Dallas Stars in the Pacific). I think with the rise of the Lightning and the continuation of the high level of play by the Capitals, having Nashville in the mix could make the Southeast a very interesting place.
    and screw over the team that has actually been asking to move, something nashville has not.

and screw over the team that has actually been asking to move, something nashville has not.
    Look, I didn't even know that Detroit wanted to go to the East until you mentioned it. I was offering my opinion on what I thought was the simplest, and least "rivalry-breaking", way to realign the divisions.

Was watching TSN and they were saying the most likely thing after the next season would be Winnipeg to the Northwest (with other Canadian teams), Colorado to the Pacific, Dallas to Central and Detroit/Columbus/Nashville to one of the Eastern divisions. Even though Nashville/Winnipeg would be an easy swap, they figure this won't happen. /shrug

Personally, I would love to see the Red Wings in the Northeast... Wings/Leafs, Wings/Habs 6 times each year? Yes, please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Was watching TSN and they were saying the most likely thing after the next season would be Winnipeg to the Northwest (with other Canadian teams), Colorado to the Pacific, Dallas to Central and Detroit/Columbus/Nashville to one of the Eastern divisions. Even though Nashville/Winnipeg would be an easy swap, they figure this won't happen. /shrug

Personally, I would love to see the Red Wings in the Northeast... Wings/Leafs, Wings/Habs 6 times each year? Yes, please.
    would be an interesting move, because than who do you move to the atlantic? Boston? and than who do you move from the atlantic to the SE? Pittsburgh?

as a Wings fan i would love to be in the NE though. Leafs, Habs, Sabres, and Senators? check please.

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 06:28 PM ----------

Detroit was 6-0 against the NE this season...just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Historically and financially, having Detroit in the Northeast would be the best place for them. Four of the Original Six in one division, with the Rangers right there to play 4 times a year, would be huge.

I also think this would be the most difficult situation to be put in if the NHL is interested in having each division have the same number of teams in them. Do they just allow the Northeast to have six teams and only four in the Southeast? To me, Buffalo would be the odd man out if they were to keep the divisions at five teams a piece. But then, if they were to move to the Atlantic, who from there moves to the Southeast?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 04:57 PM ----------

I doubt Detroit would be the first choice to be put in the Eastern conference. The East has enough competition from good teams, we don't need Detroit in it to make things worse.