Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Heh, if it weren't for EA Sports NHL games I think I might go a little nuts during the off season.
    I would too, if it weren't for my brother whom scratched the disc two weeks after my purchase. I've been too stubborn to buy a new one, and I'm settling with NHL'10. Sigh.
    EDIT: Heh, I thought page 120 was going to go on forever, and now I made the first post in p121.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I saw it the first time I clicked on Fuzzzie's link.

Heh, if it weren't for EA Sports NHL games I think I might go a little nuts during the off season.

ya but if u look at the date.. it was updated yesterday the reporting of his death was a day earlier.. hence the edit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a single joke about the Detroit Red Wings brought to you by Amway yet? You guys are slipping. It is a strange partnership for sure, but I don't see what the problem people are having with Amway in general. How many sports teams have their stadium naming rights sold to companies or banks that stole billions from tax payers or investors? The Oakland Raiders do with Overstock. The Carolina Panthers stadium nameholder in Bank of America is being sued by the US government. There are dozens and dozens of stadiums named for banks that made billions off tax payers and god knows how many sponsors that have shady histories. Amway sucks, but this is one of the most overblown issues I have seen in awhile and is only a big deal because it is Detroit. I think people would make less of a deal if it was the Phoenix Coyotes brought to you by Satan.

I say that until I see the extent of the advertising partnership lol. If it truly is the Red Wings brought to you by Amway everywhere I might kill someone starting with the President of Olympia Entertainment that made this deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    im having so many withdrawals from no hockey yet. i hate summer break between seasons lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    im having so many withdrawals from no hockey yet. i hate summer break between seasons lol.
    Yea it's awful =[. 1 more month....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    New Jets jerseys have been unveiled...do not want because they look kind of bland.

10+ Year Old Account

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Opening night they are gonna feel really silly because all the fans will be wearing the original jerseys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the home jerseys, away ones are rather bland, as usual.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    is it hockey season yet? is it hockey season yet? is it hockey season yet?
    no? damn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, incredibly shocking news. The entire Lokomotiv KHL team appears to have been killed in a plane crash today traveling for a game against Dinamo Minsk. As of now at least 34 of 37 people on board are confirmed dead with that number expected to be 36. The survivor(s) and victims names haven't been released, but among players on the team are former NHLers Pavol Dimitra, Ruslan Salei, Karlis Skratins, Josef Vasicek, and Red Wings prospect Stefan Liv. The coach, another former Red Wing player and an assistant the last three seasons, Brad McCrimmon is also believed to have been on board.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-09-07 at 02:04 PM.

As someone who've met Stefan Liv, and found him a fantastic person, I'm greatly saddened by this. I had foolishly hoped (rather than thought) it to be a ruse to create interest in the league.

Haven't there been enough deaths in Hockey recently? Rest in peace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Update: Puck Daddy's Dmitry Chesnokov reports that "Lokomotiv official tells Sovetsky Sport 'everyone from the main roster was on the plane plus four players from the youth team.' Lokomotiv official said the entire team was on the plane because they were traveling for the 1st game of the season, a celebration.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375297

ya , so shocked to hear
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-09-07 at 02:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The survivor of the crash was Lokomotiv forward Alexander Galimov according to his agent but it isn't known if he will make it due to his injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that is just horrible and depressing. RIP to every hockey player who has passed away too soon this off season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ruslan Salei confirmed to be on flight. Pavol Demitra confirmed dead by his agent. Galimov has 80% of his body burned and is not expected to survive. Brad McCrimmon also confirmed dead. Freaking tragic.

Although there are all sorts of reports Salei is alive and well in Minsk despite being confirmed as on the plane by Russian authorities.

Update: Galimov has reportedly died of injuries sustained.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-09-07 at 03:16 PM.

Stefan Liv was confirmed about half an hour ago as well.

What a fucking shitty off-season.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf is with this insanely depressing off season. 3 NHL tough guys have passed on, Marc Savard will never play again and now this.
    RIP to everyone that was on the plane.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.