15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Duncan Keiths high stick that wasn't called? :P I remember!
    amongst otehr calls.

15+ Year Old Account
    This right here is amazing:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp13170

I hope Shanny keeps making these videos for each suspension he doles out explaining the exact rules violation and the factors that went into the suspension decision.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shanny comes out on his first day on the block and hits a Grand Slam. Colin Who?

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 12:53 AM ----------

Shanny lays down the law on Shelley

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...ley-suspension

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Shanny comes out on his first day on the block and hits a Grand Slam. Colin Who?

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 12:53 AM ----------

Shanny lays down the law on Shelley

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...ley-suspension
    I am absolutely loving that already you can see there is an actual ramp up for suspensions. Both hits were incredibly similar in nature, but Shelley actually got a larger suspension because of his suspensions last season for the same thing. Players might actually learn things this year about not being stupid and running at guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I am absolutely loving that already you can see there is an actual ramp up for suspensions. Both hits were incredibly similar in nature, but Shelley actually got a larger suspension because of his suspensions last season for the same thing. Players might actually learn things this year about not being stupid and running at guys.
    i just like that we can see the logic behind why they are doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they will do the Suspension videos all year.

Also, I can't believe there are multiple players in the league dumb enough to get suspended in the pre-season. I thought the exhibition games were about showing you deserve a spot on the roster during the season, not making sure the coach can't play you even if he wanted to.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 08:05 PM ----------

The Dallas Stars have signed Mike Modano to a one-day contract so that he can retire as a Star, where he spent 20 of his 21 seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You kidding? He played like shit. Like I said, worst player in the league. Burke needs to get his head examined for keeping that meathead around.
    I hope Milan Lucic fucks him up this year. I know Lucic always kicks his ass when they fight, but I'm talking career-ending beating here.

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 06:18 AM ----------

Yeah, and both of those bums are fucking gonzo. I'd have taken Lebda over Komisarek any day though.

good for u, i actually watched those games, he didnt play bad at all... and i could careless about lucic and komi pass from the montreal days.. speaking of lucic.. i seem to remember him backing away pretty quick Orr. with that said.... ledba was terrible.. and im glad they got a good young dman for him.

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 05:33 AM ----------

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=376489

ugly incident
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-09-23 at 05:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Wings fan I am fairly disgusted by that event last night. I hope it was just some Ontario moron and not a Wings fan.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Wings fan I am fairly disgusted by that event last night. I hope it was just some Ontario moron and not a Wings fan.
    Event? Which event was that?

And grats on your promotion dude. Welcome to the cool kids club

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some idiot threw a banana on the ice while Wayne Simmonds was doing his shoot-out...

Too bad this had to happen in the NHL, I thought this stuff only happened in Soccer games in Europe.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm. that's just plain dumb. anything that can hurt a player like that is not right. That's their livelihood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Event? Which event was that?

And grats on your promotion dude. Welcome to the cool kids club
    yea i just spent like 2 mins looking at that and wondering....

Heh, as someone from Ontario I hope it was just a Wings fan (or someone from Ottawa).
    Either way, hopefully someone who sat next to the guy will identify him or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    seriously? you guys promoted this scrub?
    yeah that was pretty shitty thing for someone to do.
    and just kidding Script, don't ban me bro!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is it just me or are people implying that throwing a banana at a black guy is racism. That's a pretty big stretch, maybe someone just hates the Flyers and it was a coincidence. I'd throw banana peels at their players too, no matter who it is. Glad to see Shanahan lay the smack down on Jody Shelley though, I just hope that he continues to dole out suspensions that way and uses history as a reasoning for longer suspensions of repeat offenders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So is it just me or are people implying that throwing a banana at a black guy is racism. That's a pretty big stretch, maybe someone just hates the Flyers and it was a coincidence. I'd throw banana peels at their players too, no matter who it is. Glad to see Shanahan lay the smack down on Jody Shelley though, I just hope that he continues to dole out suspensions that way and uses history as a reasoning for longer suspensions of repeat offenders.
    A common racist term for African North Americans is a monkey, due to them originating from Africa, a culture known for its wild animals and forests. Black player skates on the ice, banana is thrown, what are bananas most commonly associated with? Monkeys. Glad Simmonds basically brushed this incident off, he has better things to do then worry about stupid shit like this.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    GAME ON!

Leafs v Sabres Preseason game on now!

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Liv.../ID=2089703120

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    'Weekes knows. He had a banana thrown at him during playoffs in Montreal in 2002, when he was goaltending for the Carolina Hurricanes against the Canadiens.'

'He said people shouldn’t consider such incidents “isolated,” noting bananas have been thrown at other black players, including Mike Grier, Anson Carter and trailblazer O’Ree.'

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2.../18734161.html

It isn't a stretch at all.

Anyone see Bertuzzi's shootout goal? Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrUhyre View Post
    Anyone see Bertuzzi's shootout goal? Wow.