10+ Year Old Account
    nice, i need to get in on it at some point

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need moar pplz in chat

First of all, we’re only 5 games in deep. How someone could map out a whole season with a sample size like that, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Better on paper how?
    Paper usually means stats right? Well, just point out the stats last year where this team was horrible. Maybe we could do the same this year too… after a good sample of games.

Yeah so what, they have the Sedin's who are overrated as hell
    Were amazing the past two seasons, and were great the years before. They’ve grown immensely as players and people within the community.

most of their scoring comes from one or two lines
    I’ll agree here, but with Raymond out this year I’m sure we’ll get a big boot on the second line. The 4th line is fairly solidified. The 3rd line is good baring any injury(malholtra).

Their defence on paper is hardly better then Toronto's, get guy's like Komisarek and Phaneuf playing like they did a few years ago (which Komi is rebounding from a tough last season), plus once Schenn gets going, their top 4 is exceptional.
    Hamhuis – Bieksa
    Edler – Salo
    Ballard – (Rotating)
    Last year we had ehrhoff and with people out we had rookies come and still have a consistent D-core. Sedins, Kesler, Luongo aside… going into the play-offs last season this was our biggest asset, and even today I can safely say our D-core is the most sound aspect of our team even with Ehrhoff gone,

It's all about performance and so far Vancouver's D has been absolutely atrocious on the ice and Luongo can't seem to stop a freaking beach ball
    Yeah, the team hasn’t been great so far. Last season we started 3-2-2 in October. I’m sure you’re aware how successful of a season it was, despite not getting the cup. Season before last, 3-5. Year before that I believe 4-5.

at least the Leafs can block shots and Reimer can make some amazing saves that you would expect out of your number 1 goalie.
    Good luck to the Leafs.

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 01:06 AM ----------

And how do we get into this chat?
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    First of all, we’re only 5 games in deep. How someone could map out a whole season with a sample size like that, I have no idea.

Paper usually means stats right? Well, just point out the stats last year where this team was horrible. Maybe we could do the same this year too… after a good sample of games.

Were amazing the past two seasons, and were great the years before. They’ve grown immensely as players and people within the community.

I’ll agree here, but with Raymond out this year I’m sure we’ll get a big boot on the second line. The 4th line is fairly solidified. The 3rd line is good baring any injury(malholtra).

Hamhuis – Bieksa
    Edler – Salo
    Ballard – (Rotating)
    Last year we had ehrhoff and with people out we had rookies come and still have a consistent D-core. Sedins, Kesler, Luongo aside… going into the play-offs last season this was our biggest asset, and even today I can safely say our D-core is the most sound aspect of our team even with Ehrhoff gone,

Yeah, the team hasn’t been great so far. Last season we started 3-2-2 in October. I’m sure you’re aware how successful of a season it was, despite not getting the cup. Season before last, 3-5. Year before that I believe 4-5.

Good luck to the Leafs.

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 01:06 AM ----------

click the link in fuzzzies sig for quakenet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Yep, as marcelos11 points out you can click the link in my signature. Alternatively you can download an IRC client like MIRC or XChat and use that.

It's on Quakenet, channel is #mmoc-hockey

Also, the channel will always technically be available. Anyone can go in and join to create the channel if no one is there. I'll try to open it up before games but in case I'm not around...

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Time for more silly lists!

10 ugliest players (IMO):

Andrew Ladd
    Anze Kopitar
    Tukka Rask
    Johan Franzen
    Nathan Horton
    Evgeni Malkin
    Brad Marchand
    Andrei Markov
    Vernon Fiddler
    Ryan Smyth
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Time for more silly lists!

10 ugliest players (IMO):

Andrew Ladd
    Anze Kopitar
    Tukka Rask
    Johan Franzen
    Nathan Horton
    Evgeni Malkin
    Brad Marchand
    Andrei Markov
    Vernon Fiddler
    Ryan Smyth
    lol how is Chara not on that list?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or Ovechkin? You could photoshop his face onto a caveman and no one would notice the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Or Ovechkin? You could photoshop his face onto a caveman and no one would notice the difference.
    I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Datsyuk has quite the ugly mug as well.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Kopitar just has some really freaky eyes.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    A crowd of 11,051 for the yotes tonight...get em outta here

10+ Year Old Account
    Kessel is an ugly bastard too

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
    Kessel is an ugly bastard too
    He's just got a baby face.

lol how is Chara not on that list?
    He and Ovi almost made the list. Everyone I listed pretty much made me go 'AAAH'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    A crowd of 11,051 for the yotes tonight...get em outta here
    So really it was about 9,000 after you remove season ticket holders that didn't show up. Good job Yotes fans. Not like you were playing a big market team or anything. This is me laughing at the announcers talking about how the Yotes have an established and growing fan base when talking about the opening night sell out. Still better than what the Stars and Jackets have mustered this year so they got that going for them.

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Datsyuk has quite the ugly mug as well.
    He looks like a skinny, slightly weirder looking Jaws from 007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good players for the ugly list would be any goalie from before masks and backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I understand your hate for Chicago, but why Boston?
    Rivalry is built in playoffs, I don't think you need explaination why Boston is hated among Canucks fans, do I?

I like to think I hate Calgary and Edmonton too as Canucks fans but they've been irrelevent for so long, it's getting boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty well the entire NW division was irrelevant last year. Having to face Calgary, Edmonton and Colorado 6 times each in the season, it's no wonder Vancouver got the President's trophy, honestly.

Not saying Vancouver is/was bad, moreso saying that they might not have been as much of a threat as everyone thought they were.

Another good example, 2009-10 when Washington got the PT, in the at the time horrible SE division. No one but the Capitals made it into the playoffs in the SE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Pretty well the entire NW division was irrelevant last year. Having to face Calgary, Edmonton and Colorado 6 times each in the season, it's no wonder Vancouver got the President's trophy, honestly.

Not saying Vancouver is/was bad, moreso saying that they might not have been as much of a threat as everyone thought they were.

Another good example, 2009-10 when Washington got the PT, in the at the time horrible SE division. No one but the Capitals made it into the playoffs in the SE.
    As a Red Wings fan, I am incredibly familiar with this. Lol we preyed on our weak division for over a decade and road it to banner after banner. Not always the banner that mattered, but still was pretty great lol. If the Avs can keep playing like they are now then they should at least put up a challenge in the division and not let the Canucks walk out of it with an 18-4-2 record again this year. (Surprisingly, Philly finished 17-4-3 in their division for second best division record in the NHL and they had three playoff teams in theirs). Still think the Canucks take that division unless they just absolutely collapse.

In that 09-10, Washington went 19-3-2 in division. Ya, the SE was good. Best division record in the couple years before that was Detroit at 25-3-4 in 05-06.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-19 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we've been doing lists recently... Favorite 5 players not on your favorite team.

1. Martin Brodeur
    2. Nicklas Lidström
    3. Alexander Ovechkin
    4. Jarome Iginla
    5. Rick Nash