10+ Year Old Account
    17 penalties were called. 10 for Nashville, 7 for Detroit.

The season series, had a total of 15 for Detroit and 13 for Nashville. Detroit averaged 2.5 penalties a game, Nashville averaged 2.2 penalties per game. Consistent refereeing...
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    17 penalties were called. 10 for Nashville, 7 for Detroit.

The season series, had a total of 15 for Detroit and 13 for Nashville. Detroit averaged 2.5 penalties a game, Nashville averaged 2.2 penalties per game. Consistent refereeing...
    Rofl. That is even worse compared to the season series. 10 penalties on Nashville is an absolute joke.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Bertuzzi shows Weber how to properly hit someone in the back of the head.

Payback's a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    In non Preds/Detroit news, apparently Jagr wants to play another season. Not really surprising, but it's good news for the Flyers.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh screw it I'm done with that issue forever. Nothing anyone can do about it now.

Tonight's schedule sucks balls. Three games starting at 7:00 or 7:30 EST. I don't get why they stick Nashville started at 8EST, but start St Louis games at 7:30 when two other games are already on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    I'm going to laugh so hard when Bertuzzi shows Weber how to properly hit someone in the back of the head.

Payback's a bitch.
    Don't wish for that. Weber was a retard and slammed Zetterberg's face into the glass, he doesn't deserve to have his career ended.

15+ Year Old Account
    In non Preds/Detroit news, apparently Jagr wants to play another season. Not really surprising, but it's good news for the Flyers.
    Well that is good and not surprising. Jagr had a real good season. 54 points for $3.3 million is decent production.

Just saw Kesler's somersault dive last night. Hilarious. Glad the refs didn't fall for that nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know only Asera is a Caps fan and she's disappeared as of late, but why the fuck is Holtby starting for Caps? O_o
    I mean Vokoun didn't have an amazing season, but that's rather confusing.

Edit: Oh he's injured, well thanks for not putting that in the article NHL.com.

Well, caps are fucked.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-04-12 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Meh screw it I'm done with that issue forever. Nothing anyone can do about it now.

Tonight's schedule sucks balls. Three games starting at 7:00 or 7:30 EST. I don't get why they stick Nashville started at 8EST, but start St Louis games at 7:30 when two other games are already on.
    I'll end up watching every other game before i even get to watch the Hawks game at 10 EST

So I see that Nashville hasn't changed there ways since last season. They give out tons of cheap shots but start diving when the other team reacts. Of course they are going to be on the power play a bit more.They wouldn't of made it out of the first round if they didn't play like that against the Ducks.

Speaking of cheap shots did anyone watch Pavel D in that video last night? I'm aware he has a bad knee and yet a centermen from Nashville takes a swing at it. It happens at .17 seconds into the video.

15+ Year Old Account
    How did I miss the Bryz gem quote of: "I'm not afraid of anything. I'm afraid of bear, but bear in the forest." Love that Pens fans showed up in bear costumes.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suddenlly View Post
    Speaking of cheap shots did anyone watch Pavel D in that video last night? I'm aware he has a bad knee and yet a centermen from Nashville takes a swing at it. It happens at .17 seconds into the video.
    That is why Bert punched him last night which people were complaining about. That play is meh. Stupid and cheap sure, but that happens all the time.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-12 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Bryz being in a big market now, his quotes are fantastic.

Don't wish for that. Weber was a retard and slammed Zetterberg's face into the glass, he doesn't deserve to have his career ended.
    Not really wishing for it, but it could happen. Bertuzzi's incident is probably the worse thing I've ever seen in hockey, or any sport. Weber's got something coming for sure though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The refs did a good job last night. They called way too much stuff, but it is hard to blame them at all for the Red Wings misfortunes. This certainly wasn't a game like last year against San Jose where the absolutely refused to call a penalty. They called almost everything yesterday on both teams.

I don't know what Khalador's problem is. No one hates the Preds. Hell outside of that move by Weber, I think we all respect the hell out of your team and franchise. Seriously. That is a team that shouldn't work in that market but does because of the fans, the fantastic GM work, the great coaching, and the hard working playstyle. You guys are the antithesis of everything that ails or ailed Atlanta, Florida, Phoenix, and Dallas. You guys are a success story and not a single damn team in the league holds a grudge against you guys. Not a single Wings fan is bemoaning the way the Preds won. All anyone has said is the Wings missed a big opportunity to win a game where they were the better team for a night but didn't get the bounces. It happens. No one is calling conspiracy on the NHL pulling for Nashville because that is a massive, massive joke. The NHL isn't going to pull for a team that brings absolutely nothing to the national tv audience. Why do you think they showed zero Nashville/Anaheim games last year and stuck you guys on CNBC this year? The NHL only gives a crap about their precious big East coast markets that add to national ratings. No one is rooting against Nashville. No one has a problem with your team, your players, anything. The only issue at hand here is the NHL completely going back on its established policies they tried to drive into people's heads all year.

Not to pile on Weber since there was nothing the NHL could do to fine him more, but just to show how much of a joke the fines are in the current CBA, Weber's fine was the equivalent of a person making $50,000 getting fined $16. That is some quality CBA work by the NHLPA to keep fines that stupidly low while the coaches can get $20,000 for cursing in an interview.
    We are definitely driven by the fans which is surprising seeing as how we've almost lost this team. I think Red Wings fans generally hate the Preds, and we generally hate the Red Wings. I knew that hit would cause controversy, but it wasn't what people make it out to be. I find Red Wings' fans to be the most obnoxious in all of Hockey. Everytime the Red Wings come to town the air feels different in Nashville. It is what it is. They are a dynasty and the Stanley cup goes through Detroit every year for us. I'm glad Zetterberg wasn't hurt, and if he was I wouldn't be here trolling the Wings. I enjoy physical hockey whether it's a fist thrown or a well timed check. I've sat through enough cheap shots against the Preds that weren't called to reveal in this one. My only gripe about the Preds is Red Solo Cup, stop playing that fucking song!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Not really wishing for it, but it could happen. Bertuzzi's incident is probably the worse thing I've ever seen in hockey, or any sport. Weber's got something coming for sure though.
    I'd say Marty Mcsorley did a lot worse, Bert's just well known for "ending" a career.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at the LA Kings for their wonderful tweet "too everyone in canada, outside of bc ... your welcome. lol made my day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    We are definitely driven by the fans which is surprising seeing as how we've almost lost this team. I think Red Wings fans generally hate the Preds, and we generally hate the Red Wings. I knew that hit would cause controversy, but it wasn't what people make it out to be. I find Red Wings' fans to be the most obnoxious in all of Hockey. Everytime the Red Wings come to town the air feels different in Nashville. It is what it is. They are a dynasty and the Stanley cup goes through Detroit every year for us. I'm glad Zetterberg wasn't hurt, and if he was I wouldn't be here trolling the Wings. I enjoy physical hockey whether it's a fist thrown or a well timed check. I've sat through enough cheap shots against the Preds that weren't called to reveal in this one. My only gripe about the Preds is Red Solo Cup, stop playing that fucking song!
    As a Red Wings fan, I don't know a single Red Wing fan that hates you guys at all. I can't blame you guys for hating Detroit though at all. Detroit has the gigantic douchebag fanbase that invades every road stadium in the NHL, especially those that have struggled for attendance in the past, and those sorts of people can usually be douches. At least your games against the Wings are mostly yellow clad folks now rather than largely Red Wings fans like Phoenix, Florida, Tampa Bay, etc. have to deal with lol. Kind of destroys the home environment when 75% of the fans at the game are those of the road team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, I missed a lot of conversation in the past 12-14 hours. I'm not a Wings fan by any means nor do I favor the Preds in any type of way, but the hit from Weber to Zetterberg was just dirty hockey....if you even wanna call it hockey. Regardless if he was hurt or not or it's the playoffs the fact he's only getting a $2,500 fine is total crap for the whole year of bullshit that's been going on around the league with huge suspensions and fines.

As someone mentioned early
    *Weber: repeat offender
    *Principal contact is & only was the head*
    *Meant to injure

Should be out for the rest of the series in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    lmao, why would i hate the preds?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Man, I missed a lot of conversation in the past 12-14 hours. I'm not a Wings fan by any means nor do I favor the Preds in any type of way, but the hit from Weber to Zetterberg was just dirty hockey....if you even wanna call it hockey. Regardless if he was hurt or not or it's the playoffs the fact he's only getting a $2,500 fine is total crap for the whole year of bullshit that's been going on around the league with huge suspensions and fines.

As someone mentioned early
    *Weber: repeat offender
    *Principal contact is & only was the head*
    *Meant to injure

Should be out for the rest of the series in my opinion.
    You don't suspend someone for the rest of a series for not hurting someone. Intent isn't that serious and that's a fine line in a physical game.