15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Wow... Positive news? It must be fucking Christmas.
    IKR? Holy Shit Hell must be freezing over...people from Michigan know whaht that means....The Lions are going to win the SUPERBOWL...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really all that positive. The league really needs to pull a Marlon Brando and make the players "an offer they can't refuse" type of deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    IKR? Holy Shit Hell must be freezing over...people from Michigan know whaht that means....The Lions are going to win the SUPERBOWL...
    Yeah and the Cubs win the world series, and Phoenix sells out a game. Only in 2012.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Yeah and the Cubs win the world series, and Phoenix sells out a game. Only in 2012.
    Technically a Lions Super Bowl win would be in 2013...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    ill point you to your signature and tell you to STFU and stop raining on the damn parade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    ill point you to your signature and tell you to STFU and stop raining on the damn parade.
    I will Hurricane Issac all over that shit son.

The NHL really fell back on their HHR split from the first proposal. Their proposal from today has the HHR split 52 players, 48 owners next season then 50/50 the following year for the remainder of the deal. That is at least far more realistic than their previous offer and much closer to the NHLPAs offered 54/46. Rumor has it most of the other proposals are largely the same but slightly improved towards the players offer. Still work to do but at least it looks like the nuclear option is on hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way the Lions would win a Superbowl is if every team was killed off on Dec 21st, and only leaving the Lions standing. Meaning they'd win by default.

Or... It's a Bills vs Lions Superbowl. Obviously the Lions would win due to my Bills never being allowed to win a Superbowl.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-08-29 at 12:51 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why must the owners try so hard for a lockout? I mean if there is one don't they just lose money?
    also.... how hard is it to make nhl games for the pc aswell.(rage mode)
    Last edited by Epuration; 2012-08-29 at 10:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Why must the owners try so hard for a lockout? I mean if there is one don't they just lose money?
    also.... how hard is it to make nhl games for the pc aswell.(rage mode)
    No actually most of them make money. There are a fair few teams in the NHL that lose money annually. Not playing hockey allows them to cut a ton of their additional costs (aka laying off everyone who works for the organization) which actually negates or eliminates most of those losses. Plus, and here is the laughable part, the NHL STILL gets $200 million from NBC's tv contract even if there is no hockey played this year so each team gets around $7 million which is more than enough to cover any of the folks they don't lay off and still end up with more in the bank than if they actually played hockey.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 07:25 AM ----------

• The plan calls for fixed dollars in the first three seasons that would put players' share of revenue at 51.6% in 2012-13, 50.5% in 2013-14 and 49.6% in 2014-15. In the final three years, the players and owners would split revenue 50-50.
    • Players would receive an 11% decrease in the first year, an 8.5% decrease in the second and a 5.5% decrease in the third.
    • The NHL proposal calls for a fixed salary cap of $58 million next season and then caps of $60 million and $62 million in the following seasons.
    • Under the plan, the league projected a fourth-year salary cap of $64.2 million, a fifth year at $67.6 million and the final season's cap at $71.1 million.
    • Although the league has proposed a fixed-dollar amount for the first three years, the league's proposal includes a provision for players to receive more if revenue growth exceeds 10%.

No actually most of them make money. There are a fair few teams in the NHL that lose money annually. Not playing hockey allows them to cut a ton of their additional costs (aka laying off everyone who works for the organization) which actually negates or eliminates most of those losses. Plus, and here is the laughable part, the NHL STILL gets $200 million from NBC's tv contract even if there is no hockey played this year so each team gets around $7 million which is more than enough to cover any of the folks they don't lay off and still end up with more in the bank than if they actually played hockey.
    The thing about them(NHL) getting paid next season will currently extend their contract to go another season after the current contract is supposed to be up with NBC except the NHL won't be getting paid for that last (extended)season if there is a lockout. So what doesn't hurt them now will hurt them eventually. In the long run getting it done now will be the best option still.
    Last edited by cauzt1cz; 2012-08-29 at 05:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arizona Supreme Court is going to fast track the Glendale tax decision. Both sides are required to enter written arguments by Friday and no oral arguments will be heard. A verdict will be decide by September 7th, the last day Glendale can put something on their November ballot.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 07:25 AM ----------

• The plan calls for fixed dollars in the first three seasons that would put players' share of revenue at 51.6% in 2012-13, 50.5% in 2013-14 and 49.6% in 2014-15. In the final three years, the players and owners would split revenue 50-50.
    • Players would receive an 11% decrease in the first year, an 8.5% decrease in the second and a 5.5% decrease in the third.
    • The NHL proposal calls for a fixed salary cap of $58 million next season and then caps of $60 million and $62 million in the following seasons.
    • Under the plan, the league projected a fourth-year salary cap of $64.2 million, a fifth year at $67.6 million and the final season's cap at $71.1 million.
    • Although the league has proposed a fixed-dollar amount for the first three years, the league's proposal includes a provision for players to receive more if revenue growth exceeds 10%.
    Those are some pretty reasonable concessions, especially if revenue growth exceeds 10% after 3 years, the league winds up happier that they are generating more ticket and merchandise revenue, and the players get some more cash in their pockets because of it. Ultimately though, league revenue could be improved if they dealt with the Phoenix situation, because right now that is losing them money that could be put to better use. The salary cap going up to 71 million in 6 years seems reasonable and logical due to inflation. But for me right now the biggest concern is contract duration and overall value. Player maximum is 9 million a year and if they eliminate front loading and long term deals exceeding 7 years, then your star players are all going to be looking at 7-9 million dollar cap hits each season, but I think that's worth it rather then having either a long term cap hit at the same value despite the player not getting paid it, or a bloated cap hit up front which leaves you with no room for player movement or team building.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like nothing good came out of talks today. The PA handed over their response to the last offer from the owners, who rejected it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It sounds like nothing good came out of talks today. The PA handed over their response to the last offer from the owners, who rejected it.
    Ya we're fucked. Thanks NHL for fucking over the fans again. Oh well, more time to watch NBA League Pass this year.

Haha. Nice touch adding the question mark in the title.
    I remember it all too well

I don't want to be that guy, but this Donald Fehr guy doesn't seem like he has an interest of co-operating as much as stand in the spotlight for a while.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's his job to ensure the players get a good deal done. The owners have been trying to fuck the players since the start of negotiations. His interest isn't in cooperating with the owners, it's satisfying the players first.

I get that. I really do.
    But. I will still not be convinced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I get that. I really do.
    But. I will still not be convinced.
    if Fehr looks like hes trying to stand in the spotlight for sticking up for teh players and ensuring a decent deal for them...
    whats your opinion of bettman whos blatently trying to screw the players over?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Tim Thomas predicted this when he decided to take the year off.