Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Malkin already extended, the Pens just extended his contract before the current one expired just like they did with Crosby? Kessel will probably get extended, unless Nonis trades him for a crap ton of draft picks at the deadline on April 1st, wouldn't hold it against him if he could get two 1st round picks for the guy.

Jesus, the Canucks take longer to get into position than a blind dog missing its front legs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Marleau scored again, jesus. That game looked pretty mean, I hate facing Clowe but I know I'd love him if he was on my team. Guy is such a valuable player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    yeah no offense but the way Chicago played in the second and third, im suprised you won.
    Yeah, I'm kind of amazed myself at the turn around from DET in the 2nd & 3rd because we dominated the first. Though, I found it funny that we played poor 5 on 5, but our PK was just outstanding.

As always, was a great game!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of amazed myself at the turn around from DET in the 2nd & 3rd because we dominated the first. Though, I found it funny that we played poor 5 on 5, but our PK was just outstanding.

As always, was a great game!
    Honestly Detroit didn't impress my in the 2nd or 3rd at all, the Hawks were just slow/tired/lazy whatever you want to call it. With 6 PPs and that Hawks effort Detroit should have won that game in regulation. CC played great and has been great so far this season (6th in the league in save %). If we can get bailed out by defense and goaltending in games like this the Hawks should be in fine position to grab one of the top 4 seeds.

Detroit will probably still make the playoffs, when you consider how bad the bottom teams in the West are they really only have to beat out a couple of teams to get in. But unless Howard plays like Quick last year (Anything is possible I suppose), I really don't think they can score enough to make it through the West (they could also pull off some type of Wingsesque trade that nets them another forward).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Isn't Malkin already extended, the Pens just extended his contract before the current one expired just like they did with Crosby? Kessel will probably get extended, unless Nonis trades him for a crap ton of draft picks at the deadline on April 1st, wouldn't hold it against him if he could get two 1st round picks for the guy.
    Malkin only has 2 years left on the extension he signed before his last year of his entry-level deal in 2008, so no his contract hasn't been extended since then.
    Last edited by Elgefar; 2013-01-28 at 06:01 PM.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Subban resigned at 2 years. Took Montreal long enough. Now watch him walk away from them as a UFA in 2 years cause the team will still be terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subban resigned at 2 years. Took Montreal long enough. Now watch him walk away from them as a UFA in 2 years cause the team will still be terrible.
    FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Well gosh golly... now who do we get? :\

I'd fucking kill for Keith Yandle.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, you guys like Swedes right? How about Gunnarsson for Howard? You guys need a D man, we need a goalie

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys want a goalie? Well we've got this up and coming guy by the name of Jonas Gustavsson. He's got a lost of talent and tons of potential! Dude will be great one day.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, you guys like Swedes right? How about Gunnarsson for Howard? You guys need a D man, we need a goalie
    does detroit like swedes? dude we got like 10 swedes on our team.

I've never been too impressed by Howard. He's no Vernon, Osgood or Hasek, precisely. No flair, fairly average and run-of-the-mill. I mean, not bad, not just super either.
    I'd rather Gustavsson!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently you've never watched Howard play then. You also have no idea what you're talking about. He's better than Osgood and is about as good as Vernon in his prime. He's posted two seasons above .920 SV% and below 2.30 GAA.
    Last edited by Irony; 2013-01-29 at 06:10 AM.

I'm very curious to see him without Lidström in front of him. It is my opinion that he was carried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh.... Yes Lidstrom was the best D-man ever, he also isn't on the ice for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i know that, still sucks to be reminded of it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 09:29 PM ----------

Datsyuk making them look silly.
    Datsyuk makes everybody look silly, Im waiting for some people to get Kronwalled this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    And once again, f*** shootouts. I`m not even sure why we keep sending Edler out for them, he keeps going in a straight line, then firing it right at the goalie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so disappointed right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    phew, managed to pull even for the year, and even got a power play goal for the first time

and yea I don't know why they put Edler out there, he wasn't scaring anybody

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Well gosh golly... now who do we get? :\

I'd fucking kill for Keith Yandle.
    No one. That is exactly who the fucking Wings are going to get. I am done with Ken Holland. He hasn't made a significant acquisition or draft pick in freaking years. The Wings have a desperate need and cap space and he doesn't move. Instead Subban signs that joke of a contract with the Habs because I assume they refused to trade him to anyone and no one would offer sheet the guy because GMs in the NHL abide by a secret brocode. I'm not going to even begin to think about Yandle getting dealt to Detroit. 1) Phoenix has two days left to get a deal done with Jamison before that whole situation falls apart. Their whole situation as a franchise is completely up in the air right now. 2) I don't think Holland will make a trade because he is awful.