10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen Burrows score plenty of shorthanded goals before, but I think that's the first that wasn't a breakaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I've seen Burrows score plenty of shorthanded goals before, but I think that's the first that wasn't a breakaway.
    It was Kessler.

Personal Prediction:
    3-1, or 3-2 with Nashville's second goal late in the third.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It was Kessler.

Personal Prediction:
    3-1, or 3-2 with Nashville's second goal late in the third.
    It's Kesler. And it was Burrows who scored.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Kesler had the assist, pretty sure. But ya burrows scored

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 08:09 PM ----------

Im actually impressed with Luongo so far. Playing like he deserves the contract he got.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I hate to say it, but these Preds/'Nucks games so far are very boring to watch.
    red panda red panda red panda!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Man what a break for Nashville. Why do I fell like this game is going to last for a long, long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I hate to say it, but these Preds/'Nucks games so far are very boring to watch.
    can't expect much from this series other then battling. Nashville is a very defensive oriented team, so ya really boring too watch all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Man what a break for Nashville. Why do I fell like this game is going to last for a long, long time...
    yup........../sigh

lol Erats's gotten fucked up all playoffs. Against Anaheim lost his 4 front teeth, and upper body injury that kept him out 2 games. So far in this series takes a puck to the ear.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Boston played pretty good, but their win was only half their doing.

The Flyers were absolutely terrible, both offensively and defensively. A game like that, even on home ice, well this is going to be a short series.
    It's probably going to be long. Philadelphia's offense is far more powerful than Boston's. They also got past Buffalo, and Ryan Miller is more consistent than Thomas as well. Boston is a really out of sync team, and they had a really easy opponent in round 1, and it's the only reason they got past round 1. The fact that it took 7 games to beat Montreal in the state the Habs are in with injuries, new blood, and geezers eating our salary cap (lol Gomez) is pretty sad.

The only reason I think it will be long is, of course, the obvious problem they have with goaltending.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    yup........../sigh
    Oh well. At least this intermission coincides with that star of the GSP/Shields fight so I can focus on that instead of trying to watch both.

Oh boy.

What can I say..? We asked for it.

We had the lead and kept pressure up for a bit, but then we decided to play defensively and wait it out for game 3, and it cost us.

The Burrows/Kesler line has to keep it up and hopefully the Sedins can generate some more offense and we'll take this one.

Such an unfortunate bounce for Luongo, he was playing great this game ><

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably going to be long. Philadelphia's offense is far more powerful than Boston's. They also got past Buffalo, and Ryan Miller is more consistent than Thomas as well. Boston is a really out of sync team, and they had a really easy opponent in round 1, and it's the only reason they got past round 1. The fact that it took 7 games to beat Montreal in the state the Habs are in with injuries, new blood, and geezers eating our salary cap (lol Gomez) is pretty sad.

The only reason I think it will be long is, of course, the obvious problem they have with goaltending.
    Thomas' NHl record save percentage and 2.00 GAA disagree with your assessment that Miller is more consistent. Thomas has been on all year and all playoffs so far.

Just think, you guys only have Gomez for 3 more years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    yay bruins win.

^best describes what went down
    I had a good cartoon from a few years ago when Vesa Toskala let in the goal from 197 feet, your picture reminds me of it, except Toskala couldn't catch a beach ball with an over sized glove and pads.

Wow. Sucks for Lu cause he kept us in the game.

I'm calling Raymond for the Canucks and Ward for Nashville.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account

A few things.

1. The Flyers have a great offense, no doubt. They are very deep and the names most certainly jump out at you more than the bruins wingers do. That being said, the flyers were 3rd in the league with a 3.1 goals per game average this season. The Bruins came right behind them in 5th with a 3.0 goals per average....I would say philly only has a slight advantage in that category, despite the bigger names. The Bruins just have a more spread out offense.

2. Saying Ryan Miller is more consistent than Tim Thomas is just....well its just preposterous. Trust me I am a huge Ryan Miller fan, but Timmy was the best goalie in the league this year, and he was miles ahead of Miller. His Save % dipped a bit in jan/feb but really he has fixed those slight problems.

3. Your right, they can play very out of sync. Tonight they didn't. The team that showed up tonight is the true bruins team playing to their almost full potential (with the D letting up a bit more than they should have). They seem to really get complacent when they have leads....this was especially true in the first round series. You didn't really see much of that tonight and hopefully we won't anymore.

4. As far as match ups go, Montreal was a nightmare match up for the bruins in round 1. They are much faster than the bruins and their...ahem shall we say more dainty play style does not make the play-on-the-edge bruins look good to the refs. Plus all the history between the two rivals was on the line, but its pointless for me to get into that now. But you are right, the Habs were beat up.

The Bruins match up very well with the Flyers and I feel that if they keep the ghosts of last year out of their heads they could totally take this series from them.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Sedins are doing some work.. Better than before. Improvement.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Sedins are doing some work.. Better than before. Improvement.
    They need to stop disappearing in the playoffs, otherwise Vancouver has no chance at actually winning the Cup.