15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Cloutier was horrible. And I like these jersey's that they have now, if they were to change I'd go back to the red and black third they had a few years back/

I think I like the blue and maroon you are talking about that they switched to from these awful black and yellow ones in the late nineties moreso than the blue and green ones they have today.

St Louis just took the Caps and broke their collective spine with that ridiculous shot.

Edited to remove references from a picture that didn't work and am too lazy to fine another picture.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-05-05 at 01:49 AM.

sweep sweep

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No offence, but what does a whale have to do with being a 'Canuck'?
    Their mascots/logos before the whale were a hockey stick and some sort of hockey skate made from red and yellow lasers or something. At least the whale thing they have now has some cultural significance.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Pompous Canuck fans. Win a cup. Then you will be entitled to multiple verbs in your cheers.

Speaking of Cups and Canucks, am I the only one surprised they never even played for one when they had Bert, Naslund, Cloutier, and the other great players they had on that team? Also, am I the only one who thinks they should go back to their 80s and 90s black and yellow jerseys before they started using that Chinook whale thing?
    Can't tell if serious.

I wish they would.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Also, the 197 foot goal on Vesa Toskala beats your video :P
    West coast, pacific ocean, native peoples heritage...

I'm just running this off the top of my head. Although in the end it could all just represent the ownership group (Orca Bay Entertainment)
    I remember it all too well

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Their mascots/logos before the whale were a hockey stick and some sort of hockey skate made from red and yellow lasers or something. At least the whale thing they have now has some cultural significance.
    True but the only good whale logo is the whale in the C shape, I think the alternate jersey looks a bit lame.

I think Philly should look into Schneider next trade deadline. This is ridiculous.
    Tell me about it. It's the same thing every year with them. Any time they make a good run to the conference finals or Stanley Cup it's because their goalies play well above what they're capable of on an average day. I'm not going to make excuses about their poor play but it's so blatantly noticeable when Pronger is not on the back-end. I mean, when he's not taking dumb penalties. Kimmo just can't keep up with the amount of ice time. Sigh, at least now my playoffs will be less stressful

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    And Washington is eliminated.

15+ Year Old Account
    And I just lost nearly all of my respect for Tampa for playing Tonight's gonna be a good night by the black eyed peas arguably the worst song ever. I would rather listen to Friday than that song.

I should be happy right now with that Bruins win. It's the best game they've played in the playoffs so far, minus the last little bit of the 2nd. I'm not though. All I'm thinking now is "oh shit, here we go again...".

Also, TAMPA SWEEEEEEEEPS WASHINGTON!

So what do you guys think cost the Caps this series in the end?

Would have liked them to win at least 1 or 2. Going out like this is harsh.
    I remember it all too well

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inexperienced goalies, lack of production from Backstrom, Ovechkin and Semin. Roloson was just generally the better goalie.

1. Dan Cloutier was possibly the worst goaltender in any team's history. Dressing Trevor Linden in goalie equipment and having him play two positions at once would've been more profitable.

2. The whale logo sucks. I'm sorry, I've hated it since it debuted, and cannot wait until it gets changed. The hockey stick is my favorite one of all time, mainly because it looks like a deformed C and maybe made other teams pity us so they wouldn't play as hard. I liked the skate too. Didn't really have anything to do with the name, I just liked it and the colors. It's the one that's always felt the most like "Canucks" to me.

3. Bye-bye, Washington. I hope Ovie cries good and hard again and maybe pushes another photographer around. His tears taste so delicious and sustain me.

Also, the 197 foot goal on Vesa Toskala beats your video :P
    at the time "Orca Bay Entertainment" owned the Canucks so they chaned the jersey to a whale

15+ Year Old Account
    So what do you guys think cost the Caps this series in the end?

Would have liked them to win at least 1 or 2. Going out like this is harsh.
    What cost the Caps:
    1) Semin is a joke. The final Tampa goal illustrates it perfectly. Semin gets knocked down and stands in the zone bitching at the ref then slowly skates back to the bench for the change while he watches St Louis break down the ice and score. He isn't committed to defense, disappears offensively for long stretches of games and in my opinion needs other players to make the plays for him while he cashes in the goal rather than being a pure playmaker.
    2) Mike Green, Carloson, et al.: If you are going to switch to a defensive system, it helps to have defenseman willing to play defense. Hannan might be their only actual defensive minded defenseman. Green has no interest in playing defense and never has. The fact that he has been nominated for the Norris illustrates why most NHL awards are a joke simply based on stat lines rather than play.
    3) Bruce Bordreau: I think he is a good, maybe great, coach. He does however make some questionable coaching blunders like putting Ovie in the box to serve a team penalty during a 4 on 4 in Game 3. he deserves credit for how he got the Caps turned around in the second half of the season with their renewed emphasis on defense which evaporated in the playoffs.
    4) Every forward not name Ovechkin-Really, he was the only one who showed up and played hard.

Pierre McGuire said the first thing I have ever agreed with him on right after the St Louis goal when they replayed Semin whining to the ref and gliding to the bench resulting in St Louis' break away goal. McGuire said that the GM of the Caps should really consider not bringing Semin back because of the constant attitude and selfishness he shows on plays like that. I completely agree.

Ovechkin and the caps choke again. Seriousley Ovechkin needs to stop hogging the puck and floating and give countless giveaways. This team is going nowhere fast. Bunch of chokers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, Pens and Caps lose to the same team, and Boston has a 3-0 lead. Based on last years results, Philadelphia will beat Tampa Bay.

10+ Year Old Account
    None that won't give you malware or viruses. Tried a few being posted on Justin.TV and they put malware on my netbook. The ICE took down pretty much every good streaming website on the internet, so you can thank the US government for taking down the good streams out there.
    I eventually found something, and I have a mac so its really no concern. But thanks for looking out for me!

3 more things:

1. The current canuck sweaters/logo is amazing. Its my second favorite in the entire league. I'm thinking of getting a Kesler jersey just cuz I like them so much.

2. Boudreau is gonna get fired. Its kind of a shame cuz he is a great coach...he just couldn't get it in the playoffs.

3. Goodnight Philadelphia. Its not gonna happen two years in a row. Seidenberg + peverly + kelley + horton + marchand + tim thomas + krejci - gagne - pronger - any real goaltender for philly equals bruins getting this in most likely 4.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I eventually found something, and I have a mac so its really no concern. But thanks for looking out for me!
    Just FYI, a friend of mine took that same attitude about security just because he was running a Mac and thought it to be hack-proof. He's now in the process of reinstalling his OS from scratch.

Not getting into the whole Mac versus PC thing about viruses, but wanting to let you know not to let your guard down and assume you're untouchable. I'd hate to see someone catch something unknowingly, especially a person just trying to watch hockey.

Holy hell San Jose sends it into OT