15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    They were inconsistent because they had 2 full lines of no actual goal scorers. Giroux? WONDERFUL passer, but not much of a shooter.
    doesnt matter, if there is ONE AREA That philly needs to seriously step up its gmae at, its defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    What a bad move for Vinny.

Team in disarray, worse back end than the Bolts, more fans but harsh fans, awful media, ugly jerseys...

Could have gotten more money in Washington now that we let Ribs walk.

Not gonna lie, I had no idea what this guy's #s were like. +50 in '09-'10. That's impressive as hell.
    If you're talking about Schultz, the only reason he got +50 that season is it was the biggest offensive season for the Caps. Also helps when your partner is Mike Green on a hot streak.

Schultz now just doesn't fit in Oates' system. He doesn't use his body, and frankly cannot move the puck very well anymore for whatever reason -- probably because he was so used to always being on the offense he didn't need to worry about zone clearing much.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    doesnt matter, if there is ONE AREA That philly needs to seriously step up its gmae at, its defense.
    And WHO is out there for them? There's no great goalies (they tried for Bernier). There's no great defensemen (LOLSTREIT).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the consistency is the issue. not the offense.
    they need a defense if anything. them and pittsburgh, but THAT horse has been resurrected a couple times, only to be beaten to death again...
    I think last years series between PHL and PIT in the playoffs still applies as a great indication of how atrocious both teams back ends are.

- - - Updated - - -

And WHO is out there for them? There's no great goalies (they tried for Bernier). There's no great defensemen (LOLSTREIT).
    Hal Gill is on waivers, grab him! LOL

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tim Thomas!

Also pretty greed contract by Lecavalier, how much money is that fucker gonna be making for the next 15 years? Coulden't sign a lower contract to actually help a team out, nah need to take a 4.5 chunk out of Philly's cap, much better.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-07-03 at 01:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So now... what the hell does Washington do for a second line center now...

I guess we have Laich... And Chicago got by without a real 2C and won a cup...

where's my excuse machine!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want Cammalarri? He played center in junior, clearly qualified to do it again at the NHL level!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Tim Thomas!

Also pretty greed contract by Lecavalier, how much money is that fucker gonna be making for the next 15 years? Coulden't sign a lower contract to actually help a team out, nah need to take a 4.5 chunk out of Philly's cap, much better.
    If GMs want to make bad decisions, it's not really Lecavalier's fault. Glad he's not coming into Leafs division though.

I agree Grabovski should be bought out, much rather have Bozak on the team based on the last two years. More goals, more assists, played better two ways, fits Carlyle's system, plays the PK, one of the best faceoff takers in the league. I'll take Bozak for 5 years at 4.5 million with no no-trade clause over Grabovski at 5.5 with a no trade clause. Really not a fan of that contract.

Tim Thomas!

You don't apply for a new job and tell the company you are willing to have your pay cut in half just to help them out, especially when other companies are probably offering high salaries. He's still skilled enough where he shouldn't be giving that discount. Just because the salaries they are dealing with is in the millions, doesn't necessary make them greedy. It's economics, he's not going to take significantly less than he's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    You don't apply for a new job and tell the company you are willing to have your pay cut in half just to help them out, especially when other companies are probably offering high salaries. He's still skilled enough where he shouldn't be giving that discount. Just because the salaries they are dealing with is in the millions, doesn't necessary make them greedy. It's economics, he's not going to take significantly less than he's worth.
    And I don't think 4.5 is overpaying him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't exactly thinking as much as talking through jealousy. He's getting paid a shitload from Tampa for awhile now and I'm just mad he's getting another big contract and effectively getting paid more than anyone else is. I'm a firm believer than athletes get paid way too much money but that's just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-07-03 at 01:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd also like to add that Vinny is well known for using a hefty chunk of his money to help the community.

There's a good reason why a lot of people in Tampa (And around the league) are really sad to see him leave the Bolts, even with his painful cap hit before the buyout and lack of production lately.

I wasn't exactly thinking as much as talking through jealousy. He's getting paid a shitload from Tampa for awhile now and I'm just mad he's getting another big contract and effectively getting paid more than anyone else is.
    Gotcha. In that regard, it is garbage. I wish someone would pay me 2 million a year for the next 15 while someone else pays me upwards of 4.5m to do what I (presumably) love.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not overpaying him, but it's not necessarily fixing the problems that the flyers have either

Gotcha. In that regard, it is garbage. I wish someone would pay me 2 million a year for the next 15 while someone else pays me upwards of 4.5m to do what I (presumably) love.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not overpaying him, but it's not necessarily fixing the problems that the flyers have either
    It fills a need. Not the need everyone else thinks they should have filled, but I think it would have been a lot bigger of a problem than people seem to think.

In respect to Philly 'needing a goalie', I've been reading rumours of St. Louis maybe shipping one of their 3 to Philly for something... probably Cobourn and a prospect or something.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I think last years series between PHL and PIT in the playoffs still applies as a great indication of how atrocious both teams back ends are.

- - - Updated - - -

Hal Gill is on waivers, grab him! LOL
    Carlo Colaiacovo will be out of Detroit shortly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Carlo Colaiacovo will be out of Detroit shortly
    already bought out iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tim Thomas!

If Philly is going to be stupid about contracts forever why not take a piece of the pie?

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    In respect to Philly 'needing a goalie', I've been reading rumours of St. Louis maybe shipping one of their 3 to Philly for something... probably Cobourn and a prospect or something.
    Halak is the big rumor and the concept of "Philly's D is so awful... they should trade their best D-man for a middling goalie!" is mindboggling.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Bleacher Report...

Article mentions that a package of "Couturier and Coburn" could entice a lot of teams. Commentor says he wants "Shea Weber, (some reasonably decent defensemen),Dustin Byfuglien or PK Subban". Well, let's see... Shea Weber is on that mammoth contract they forced Nashville to match and had one of the worst years of his career. Dustin Byfuglien still exists? And I doubt Montreal would part with Subban for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

OH apparently people are jumping the gun on the Flyers being "over the cap". Pronger's 4.9 mil cap hit comes off when the season starts assuming he doesn't play.

Dupuis just got resigned for like 3.75 a year for 4 years. Assuming a cap of 70 million in '14-'15, they will have 17M to spend on 1 goalie, 4 defencemen, and 6 forwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Phoenix staying in Phoenix... weak.