15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, look at it this way. Every other team in the east is younger and arguably more skilled all around. There are only a couple of teams who I will say are going to be mediocre and they are the obvious one's. Tampa and Florida are still developing their talent, Buffalo is going to be shit as they restructure and I don't see the Islanders being competitive this year. God knows where Philadelphia and Carolina end up, and I'd peg Boston as a question mark due to their roster changes.
    Right... So Detroit, a team that had the 6th worst travel schedule with the most back to backs playing in a division with four teams in the top 9 in the West, the far superior conference, that played 6-7 kids for most of the season due to injuries, kids that won the Calder Cup by the way, is going to miss the playoffs when they move to the easier conference, with a laughably easier travel schedule? We will see. Not to mention that guess where all those shit teams you just mention play (with the exception of the Isles)? Detroit's division! Detroit, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Florida, Tampa, and Buffalo are in a division. Three of those teams get automatic bids. The two East Wild Cards could come from this division as well based on points. I really, really don't see the Red Wings missing the playoffs after they added another top 6 winger and upgraded their 2nd line center especially with the way the young players have matured over the past season.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly are we saying the Isles can't compete? I like both Clutterbuck and PMB and they finished only 2 points behind your precious Leafs for the #5 spot. It be nice if they could upgrade at goalie but still they have one of the top 3 centers in the league which is always nice. Think it makes no sense to dismiss them as having no shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Right... So Detroit, a team that had the 6th worst travel schedule with the most back to backs playing in a division with four teams in the top 9 in the West, the far superior conference, that played 6-7 kids for most of the season due to injuries, kids that won the Calder Cup by the way, is going to miss the playoffs when they move to the easier conference, with a laughably easier travel schedule? We will see. Not to mention that guess where all those shit teams you just mention play (with the exception of the Isles)? Detroit's division! Detroit, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Florida, Tampa, and Buffalo are in a division. Three of those teams get automatic bids. The two East Wild Cards could come from this division as well based on points. I really, really don't see the Red Wings missing the playoffs after they added another top 6 winger and upgraded their 2nd line center especially with the way the young players have matured over the past season.
    I went out and got a Red Wings shirt with Datsyuk on the back in preparation for Detroit's inevitable cup run next season.

MARK MY WORDS

okay it was on sale and who doesn't like Datsyuk?
    red panda red panda red panda!

It won't be a cakewalk for them to make the playoffs by any means. Boston, Montreal, Toronto, and Ottawa are all playoff caliber teams. Add Detroit in and that's 5 teams that are easily capable of making the playoffs, and I don't see both wild cards coming from this division. So, figure four of those teams will make it into the playoffs. I personally see Montreal dropping out, they played a bit over their heads last season and Price showed down the stretch that he wasn't capable of bailing them out when they really needed him to. But, who the hell knows how things will go. It should be a good battle for the playoff spots in this division, and that's all you can ask for!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, look at it this way. Every other team in the east is younger and arguably more skilled all around. There are only a couple of teams who I will say are going to be mediocre and they are the obvious one's. Tampa and Florida are still developing their talent, Buffalo is going to be shit as they restructure and I don't see the Islanders being competitive this year. God knows where Philadelphia and Carolina end up, and I'd peg Boston as a question mark due to their roster changes.
    oh god. the whole younger arguement.
    because detroit being old prevented them from making the playoffs in the past 22 years...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Predictions!

1. Boston 1. Pittsburgh
    2. Toronto 2. New York R
    3. Detroit 3. Philadelphia
    4. Montreal 4. Washington
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-07-16 at 07:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Predictions!

1. Boston 1. Pittsburgh
    2. Toronto 2. New York R
    I concur outside of flipping Detroit and Toronto. I'm not buying the doom and gloom Boston talk at all. They are way too talented to have a major drop from replacing Seguin with Eriksson and losing frequently injured Horton who they replaced with Iggy. I don't like what Toronto has done. I don't expect big things from Clarkson. Frankly I expect him to be Scott Gomez 2.0, well not that bad hopefully.

Predictions!

1. Boston 1. Pittsburgh
    2. Toronto 2. New York R
    I'd put Ottawa in for Montreal. And, Columbus or the Islanders for Washington.

They are way too talented to have a major drop from replacing Seguin with Eriksson
    Swede-bias, but the way they've played the last two seasons, I'd say that's buy-up. Potential is still there for Seguin, but he's got to live up to it soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Penner to ducks

Carcillo dealt to kings

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Penner to ducks

Carcillo dealt to kings
    Penner reopening Penner's House of Pancakes in Anaheim. Awesome.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Atlantic division in the East is going to be such a joke, they literally have zero travel time. Basically Detroit, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Boston have shit travel because we are stuck with Tampa and Florida. Sure, it's not as bad as the West, but it's asinine compared to the other division in the conference.

The Atlantic division in the East is going to be such a joke, they literally have zero travel time. Basically Detroit, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Boston have shit travel because we are stuck with Tampa and Florida. Sure, it's not as bad as the West, but it's asinine compared to the other division in the conference.
    It makes me almost feel bad for millionaires with their own (team) plane... I think they'll be okay.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-07-17 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, i seriously doubt Those teams will mind being in FLA more often now during the winter

I'd mind only because I hate flying. But ya... they fly in luxury.

10+ Year Old Account
    the issue with flight is arrival times, when you're getting in at 4am or playing a game 2 hours earlier than you play when you're home, east teams still don't get the timezone whiplash that west teams have

10+ Year Old Account
    Predictions!

1. Montreal 1. Pittsburgh
    2. Boston 2. Philadelphia
    3. Detroit 3. New York R
    4. Ottawa 4. Columbus
    fixed, this just seems right to me

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt montreal is gonna have the season everyone expects.. Montreal struggle at the end, didn't really improve the roster. And Price is always a question mark = look at the playoffs

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt montreal is gonna have the season everyone expects.. Montreal struggle at the end, didn't really improve the roster. And Price is always a question mark = look at the playoffs
    price isnt as bad as MAF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think with Stephane Waite leaving the Hawks to go be goalie coach for Montreal, Price will get the help he needs. Maybe i'm just being biased but I think Marc Bergevin will take Montreal in the right direction, I think they have a bright future with him there. Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, all their young guys, are only going to get better.