10+ Year Old Account
    Tim Thomas to join Panthers on a PTO

Brunner signs PTO deal with NJD
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-09-16 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Tim Thomas to join Panthers on a PTO

Paid time off? Sounds about right.

So this kid in my public speaking class said his dad was Vice President of Finances or Marketing or some shit at Madison Square Garden for the NHL. He said he could probably hook anyone up with free hockey tickets if they wanted.

But he said they would be "box seats" so 'they wouldn't be that good.' Last time I checked, box seats were the fucking rich and famous. I must be missing something.

Anyway, just had to share this lol. (It totally has to do with the NHL.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So this kid in my public speaking class said his dad was Vice President of Finances or Marketing or some shit at Madison Square Garden for the NHL. He said he could probably hook anyone up with free hockey tickets if they wanted.

But he said they would be "box seats" so 'they wouldn't be that good.' Last time I checked, box seats were the fucking rich and famous. I must be missing something.

No being pushed way up high away from the game isn't for the rich(now maybe a private box with food and probably monitors). the best seats for hockey, nhl etc are at ice/court lvl for a reason and the most expensive.

I'd rather watch a game from the upper bowl at the ACC than right behind the glass. It's stupid hard to follow the game at the other end of the ice when you're 2nd row platinum behind one of the goals (sat there for one of the Marlies games back in '04 when they were still whatever in St. John's).

Have sat in box seats at the ACC and Skydome (fuck you Rogers), and it's definitely luxurious, especially if people are covering the bill. My roommate's old employer got him tickets a number of times to Leafs/Raptors/Jays games and told him everything was on them and that he and whoever he brings shouldn't feel like money is an issue for them. Good times were had. The box at the Skydome had its own private bathroom, too. You just can't beat that. No lines for food, no lines for bathroom, nice cushy seats, privacy if you want it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

The view from the box seats is awful. The amenities are fucking incredible. Mostly it is just to give your dick the feeling of sitting on a throne above the lowly peons while eating shrimp cocktails and taking a piss in a private bathroom instead of sitting with fans, eating a hot dog, and taking a piss in a trough with 45 other guys. The good news is it is hockey so the view from the boxes is probably even good because it is nearly impossible to have a bad seat for hockey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I'd rather watch a game from the upper bowl at the ACC than right behind the glass. It's stupid hard to follow the game at the other end of the ice when you're 2nd row platinum behind one of the goals (sat there for one of the Marlies games back in '04 when they were still whatever in St. John's).

Have sat in box seats at the ACC and Skydome (fuck you Rogers), and it's definitely luxurious, especially if people are covering the bill. My roommate's old employer got him tickets a number of times to Leafs/Raptors/Jays games and told him everything was on them and that he and whoever he brings shouldn't feel like money is an issue for them. Good times were had. The box at the Skydome had its own private bathroom, too. You just can't beat that. No lines for food, no lines for bathroom, nice cushy seats, privacy if you want it.

Personally i think behind the penalty boxes offer the best view,been my exp

Looking at some of the pictures for MSG your really far back and up from the court/ice. So technically they are some of the worst seats viewing wise in the arena. Still I would be taking him up on his offer even if you don't like hockey as they have other events there.

Ya.. at the end of the day, if they're free, take them and just be thankful.

In somewhat related news, should I try to get tickets to a few games, or anticipate the Leafs in the playoffs again and save money for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Finally joined the 'showing my colours in my avatar' group, I guess.

Vanilla I'm just shocked your even able to get tickets. Aren't they sold out already?

Why not do both? Maybe go to 1 or 2 regular season games and then try to get to 1 or 2 playoff games if possible.

There's aaaaaaalways ways to get Leafs tickets. Sold out does not mean everyone with said tickets wants to use them.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a new rule that you receive a 2 minute minor for removing your helmet prior to a fight. What the fuck is that rule? In every other league you are supposed to remove your helmet to avoid broken fingers and hands. In the NHL you get a penalty for something that should be common sense.

Also, what the hell the preseason started?!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    There is a new rule that you receive a 2 minute minor for removing your helmet prior to a fight. What the fuck is that rule? In every other league you are supposed to remove your helmet to avoid broken fingers and hands. In the NHL you get a penalty for something that should be common sense.

Hawks vs. Wings tonight!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Hawks vs. Wings tonight!!!
    I saw! That better be on FSD+. I already miss being division rivals with the Hawks.

10+ Year Old Account

So they give a penalty for removing your helmet and a penalty for having a visor?

It started a couple of days ago. Where the hell have you been?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    There's aaaaaaalways ways to get Leafs tickets. Sold out does not mean everyone with said tickets wants to use them.
    Yes, but can you do it without it costing you a arm and a leg to your local scalper? Of course going to a Leafs game is already costing you an arm and a leg so I guess it doesn't matter. Just on a whim I went to ticketmaster just to see if I could get 1 ticket and all it gave me was pre-season seats for about $118.00.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So they give a penalty for removing your helmet and a penalty for having a visor?
    Saw an article earlier where more than likely both guys will remove their helmets resulting in off-setting penalties. There is some talk of revising this rule due to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    It started a couple of days ago. Where the hell have you been?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but can you do it without it costing you a arm and a leg to your local scalper? Of course going to a Leafs game is already costing you an arm and a leg so I guess it doesn't matter. Just on a whim I went to ticketmaster just to see if I could get 1 ticket and all it gave me was pre-season seats for about $118.00.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw an article earlier where more than likely both guys will remove their helmets resulting in off-setting penalties. There is some talk of revising this rule due to that.
    Football eats up most of my time right now lol. $118 for preseason. That is hilarious. Poor Leafs fans.

Ya the both guys removing helmets is a loophole they want to close. A bunch of the owner's side of the rules committee wants to make it a game misconduct for removing your helmet but the players don't support that. The NHL needs to an up and just ban fighting already rather than trying to slowly erode it from the game with stupid rule changes.

I would agree to a penalty on someone getting hit and loses the helmet and doesn't go change players, but in a fight? Geeze, get real.

The fighting rules are bullshit. Taking fighting out is just going to hurt the game and its image, since anybody that's going to be interested in hockey at a technical level likely already is, and anyone willing to give it a chance outside of that probably will because it's the only sport where a fight can break out legally. You take out fighting, you take out a huge draw. I don't know of any large group of people that actively doesn't watch hockey due to fighting, so there's no reason to try and remove it from the game.

Even from an injury standpoint, you don't generally suffer a severe or even moderate injury from a fight. If it's a worry about concussions, they should check into redesigning their helmets and shoulder pads before anything else.

10+ Year Old Account

I would circumvent the rule by having my opponent take my helm it out for me.