15+ Year Old Account
    Lol this is great. I just found out why the Tampa/Washington games were back to back. The St Pete Times Forum is the location for the U of South Florida's graduation ceremony tonight. That's right, the NHL is less important than a mediocre college's graduation even if the game is a complete sell out and probably brought in millions of dollars in revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Lol this is great. I just found out why the Tampa/Washington games were back to back. The St Pete Times Forum is the location for the U of South Florida's graduation ceremony tonight. That's right, the NHL is less important than a mediocre college's graduation even if the game is a complete sell out and probably brought in millions of dollars in revenue.
    Wow is all I can say to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Meanwhile in Canada, political debates were pushed a day for the first Montreal vs Boston game.

Strange too, Tampa is a healthy NHL market... even though on March 5th when I was there, half the arena was red. xD
    red panda red panda red panda!

predictions for tonight?

2-0 canucks.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Videcaa View Post
    Anyone else predicting a San Jose vs Tampa Bay Stanley Cup finals?
    I did...like 5 comments before yours lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Seriously? People think the Bruins will get past Tampa? Are you crazy? lol
    Seriously? People think Canucks will get past the Sharks? Are you crazy?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    predictions for tonight?

2-0 canucks.
    If the canucks can get their offense going I say 3-1. Hoping they bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Seriously? People think Canucks will get past the Sharks? Are you crazy?
    wings GON GET SWEEPED

03/03/2011 TBL 1 @ BOS 2
    12/02/2010 TBL 1 @ BOS 8
    12/28/2010 BOS 4 @ TBL 3
    11/22/2010 BOS 1 @ TBL 3

I know regular season series don't mean shit in the post season, but Boston took it 3-1 against Tampa. I was at both games they played in Tampa. The first one they lost and sure enough Thomas wasn't in goal. Don't want to put all the blame on Tuukka cause they were all sloppy that night. The other three times though Thomas was in goal and they won. One of those wins being an 8-1 blow out.

Not saying the Lightning are going to be easy if that happens to be the match up next round. They've been playing really well, but it sure as hell isn't going to be a guaranteed win for them. Boston looks like they're on top of their game now and have been ridiculously resilient in these playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    03/03/2011 TBL 1 @ BOS 2
    12/02/2010 TBL 1 @ BOS 8
    12/28/2010 BOS 4 @ TBL 3
    11/22/2010 BOS 1 @ TBL 3

I know regular season series don't mean shit in the post season, but Boston took it 3-1 against Tampa. I was at both games they played in Tampa. The first one they lost and sure enough Thomas wasn't in goal. Don't want to put all the blame on Tuukka cause they were all sloppy that night. The other three times though Thomas was in goal and they won. One of those wins being an 8-1 blow out.

Not saying the Lightning are going to be easy if that happens to be the match up next round. They've been playing really well, but it sure as hell isn't going to be a guaranteed win for them. Boston looks like they're on top of their game now and have been ridiculously resilient in these playoffs.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Bruins have yet to face Roloson this season, so the outcomes of the regular season meetings between the two teams are even less relevant.

The University of South Florida has one of the largest main campuses in the United States, so they have to utilize off-campus facilities for most of their graduations.

The agreement to use the Ice Palace (I refuse to call it the St. Pete Times Forum) was clearly negotiated long before the Lightning even qualified for the playoffs.

Ok then....

04/06/2011 NYI 2 @ BOS 3
    12/09/2010 NYI 2 @ BOS 5
    03/11/2011 BOS 2 @ NYI 4
    02/17/2011 BOS 6 @ NYI 3

Still, 3-1 Boston.

Not sure when Roli was traded to Tampa, but the one Islanders win against the Bruins was with Al Montoya in goal.

Edit: I guess he didn't play any of those games. Either way, Roli is hit or miss.
    Last edited by Tuukkatime; 2011-05-06 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    Edit: I guess he didn't play any of those games. Either way, Roli is hit or miss.
    Hit or miss? He's tied the record for most consecutive playoff wins for a goalie over the age of 40 (set by Jacques Plant) and has never lost a playoff game in which his team has faced elimination.

He's a fantastic goaltender and, as your post proves, is actually quite underrated.

I'm not hating on the guy. When he's on his game, he's amazing. But I've seen him off of it more than a few times. Everyone automatically handing the series to Tampa (if it ends up Boston/Tampa), is stupid. Tim Thomas is on top of his game. He had a career high 52 saves the other night and was dynamite last night. He wasn't at his best in the Montreal series. Same goes for the rest of the team. Sure Philly has been playing like crap, but Boston has really pulled it together. As long as Philly doesn't end up coming back in this series, I'm perfectly content with either team going to the finals. Don't get me wrong, I want Boston to make it and will be butt hurt if they don't. But living 30mins from Tampa, kinda have a spot for the home team in my heart and would root for them if they make it.

sup 1-0 nucks

Both Hank and Dank with points on that goal :thumbsup:
    I remember it all too well

ahhhhhhh shiii

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    sup 1-0 nucks
    thanks for the update big ben.

oh and 1-1 end of the first

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Both Hank and Dank with points on that goal :thumbsup:
    Secondary assists shouldn't count as real points and lets be honest, they hardly had anything to do with that goal outside of having touched the puck and nearly turning it over before one of them managed to poke it away from the Nashville player to Erhoff 2 feet away who shot and scored.

Haters gun Hate!

tootoo reminds me of matt cooke, a scrawny moron that thinks he's tough.

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 01:56 AM ----------

2-1 canucks.

turtle time for nashville

15+ Year Old Account
    5 on 3 and they played pass the puck....