10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Honestly I see no point in keeping this discussion alive. You and the others do not understand a word of what I am trying to say. I like hard and massive hits. It is the way the hit was executed that disgust me. And yes, Canada and USA does have way more physical play in their leagues but that does not matter. You either adapt to the International rules or you can stay home. I would not come to Canada and live by Swedish laws.
    Considering the international rules, and comity that oversees suspensions, didn't hand one out. I guess it was considered clean. I've read the rule book for the IIHF and that hit wouldn't be classified as dirty. It got the 5 minute misconduct, the most that can be awarded for a body-check. If Luza hadn't of gotten injured, it wouldn't of even been a minor, and this is the issue with putting so much emphasize on injuries.
    Last edited by Irony; 2013-01-02 at 09:09 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    The NHL and NHLPA apparently have discussed adding 4 more teams to the playoffs. Fuck the world. Thats exactly what we need right? Who doesn't want the Stanley Cup to be awarded in July?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The NHL and NHLPA apparently have discussed adding 4 more teams to the playoffs. Fuck the world. Thats exactly what we need right? Who doesn't want the Stanley Cup to be awarded in July?
    Hooray, now instead of the Flames always finishing 1 spot out, we'll be in it every year!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have teams making the playoffs with more losses than wins, the fuck NHL.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    good to see they're discussing the important stuff, but doesn't there have to be a season in order to have playoffs?

PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about playoffs, are you kidding me? Playoffs?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the game between USA and Czech Republic, 7-0 in a quarter finals Not sure if Cze was really bad or USA impressed alot! I really like USA's goalie though He is easily goalie of the tournament so far
    Yeah Gibson is just another prime example of the goalies the USA seems to just be pumping out. Every year they have a really good goaltender and when you look at all the best goalies in the world, a bunch of them are Americans. Jonathon Quick, Ryan Miller, Jimmy Howard, Cory Schneider. He has been quite good but I'm not convinced he's better than Malcolm Subban so far. Subban was quite terrific vs the US in the round robin game and I have no doubt he'll bring his game in the Semi's / Finals. No other team really matters so far other than Canada just because of the fact that we have Ryan Nugent-Hopkins on our team. Kid is a mile above the rest of the players so if Gibson can stop him tomorrow morning, then the USA has a really strong chance of beating us and taking the tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys think they will run those hockey's back commercials again? If they do I might burn down the ACC (thats where the NHL offices are right?).
    oh god...wheres the bleach..
    Last edited by Garbles; 2013-01-03 at 09:35 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada is playing like shit, this is practically over after 2 periods lol. That Gaudreau goal was beautiful though. We really need to start playing some variety rather then just throwing RNH, Drouin, and Sheifielle on the ice every shift. Hardly seen Strome this entire game so far. USA does look quite good, especially their D. Seth Jones looked really shaky pretty much all the round robin but he's showing why he'll likely go #1 overall. Trouba looks awesome as well, I'd be happy if I were a Jets fan to see this. I'm pretty shocked that Canada came out so flat and really hasn't gotten into any rhythm through 2 periods what so ever. Not a big fan of Huberdeau and Hamilton, they make way too many selfish plays. It's clear these kids are so inexperienced and young because if they played the way the Americans are, this woulden't even be close. Just goes to show that execution > talent.

Gibson was incredible in that last period. USA has the top forward, top D, and top goalie of the tournament so far. Gaudreau is on fire and I'm so pumped that he's a Flames draft pick. He is fucking tiny though jesus christ, kid needs to put on like 40 pounds at least. Really looking forward to him though, super skilled player we'll see if his size holds him back. I'm hoping for a Marty St. Louis type player.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-01-03 at 11:57 AM.

Imagine how much slower he'd be with 40 lbs extra.
    Either way, I believe you had a tiny guy named Theoren before. Can he live up to that?

Deleted
    Sweden dominated Russia in the first period today. After that the game got exciting when we let Russia come into the game. Will be a much much harder match against USA though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Worst. Idea. Ever.

Seriously, its fine the way it is. 4 rounds of playoffs, 8 teams per conference, perfecto...DO NOT CHANGE.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Salary cap and pension are the last major hurdles in the deal. 10 year CBA, 50/50 split, higher variance percentage, contract lengths (6 for other team, 7 for your own)and 2 contract buyouts have all been agreed to. Wouldn't be surprised if this gets hammered out in the next day or two with an expected 48 game season to start in two weeks or so.

Sweden dominated Russia in the first period today. After that the game got exciting when we let Russia come into the game. Will be a much much harder match against USA though.
    Sweden was good the first period. They were then more bad in the following two than they were good in the first. Awful performance.

Christ that Semi final was awful on Canada's part...not that the US didn't play well they definitely elevated their game from the first meeting and Housley has an awesome pressure game going for them right now. But what the fucking fuck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Salary cap and pension are the last major hurdles in the deal. 10 year CBA, 50/50 split, higher variance percentage, contract lengths (6 for other team, 7 for your own)and 2 contract buyouts have all been agreed to. Wouldn't be surprised if this gets hammered out in the next day or two with an expected 48 game season to start in two weeks or so.
    God, I hope you're right.

Its been way too fucking long without the NHL.

It's funny too...the last NHL game I went to was Philadelphia @ Boston...on St. Patty's day. I barely remember the game (was near-blackout, go figure), but I still have the ticket...$250.

I moved to the Tampa area this summer...those same exact seats are $75 for Lightning games. Being able to see NHL games for 33% of the cost of my hometown...needless to say I've been ultra-bummed with the lockout. BRING ON THE SHORT SEASON!
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Now, are the owners and players stupid enough to let a season go over 5 million dollars in salary cap space? Lord I hope not, I think the fans might actually turn their backs on it for a long while if that ends up being the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Now, are the owners and players stupid enough to let a season go over 5 million dollars in salary cap space? Lord I hope not, I think the fans might actually turn their backs on it for a long while if that ends up being the case.
    Owners are stupid asking for $60m yr 2. Going from 70 to 60 that quick is just too much...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but it sounds like the bonds are breaking between all the owners and there might be some disgruntled men who don't like the fact that it's the small market teams that are fucking up the salary cap negotiations. Get rid of the bloody cap floor, that solves some problems. The players are still against the buyout issue as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that the PA held back on disclaiming in order to get a deal done, Gary's response was to change key parts of HRR compliance penalties... I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    So now that the PA held back on disclaiming in order to get a deal done, Gary's response was to change key parts of HRR compliance penalties... I give up.
    I'm not sure what that even is, but it sounds dumb to me lol