10+ Year Old Account
    Well if Lundqvist plays like he did against the Pens, then anything is possible. Though I don't believe they (Flyers) will be able to get their first win today.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

From the where are they now file Bates Battaglia will be on the upcoming season of The Amazing Race with his brother who plays for the Huntsville Havac:

http://huntsvillehavoc.pointstreaksi...205/news_64758

Go Bates Go if for no other reason then is name.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am really interested in the Wild/Wings game tomorrow night. Are the Wild ready to be a powerhouse in the conference? Are the Wings ready to give up being a power team in the conference and move to rebuilding?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    From the where are they now file Bates Battaglia will be on the upcoming season of The Amazing Race with his brother who plays for the Huntsville Havac:

http://huntsvillehavoc.pointstreaksi...205/news_64758

Go Bates Go if for no other reason then is name.
    Guy I used to work with, his brother was the goalie for that team, not sure if he still is though. He practiced alot with some of the former Preds guys and he got us lots of free tickets lol. Don't see his name listed on the roster though.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

Somebody send these kids an offer sheet! Its fucking sad that their owners cant work something out for them with the skill set that each of these kids have, I for sure thought the Avs would make something happen with O'Reilly since Downie is done for the year...This is sad.

Grabovsky decided to take JVR's goal from last night.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck Leafs? You got a 3-1 lead and let it fall apart

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The fuck Leafs? You got a 3-1 lead and let it fall apart
    SoL (Same old Leafs).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least we have won a couple of games without our D looking like a triple A hockey team :P

This Sabres game is killing me. Sabres fans that think Enroth is a starting quality goalie are absolutely delusional homers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enroth has had a really bad game, but he has shown qualities to be a starter.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enroth isn't good enough to be a starter, trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Enroth has had a really bad game, but he has shown qualities to be a starter.
    I disagree fairly strongly, but I'd love to be absolutely dead wrong about it. I think his solid stats last year were the product of the team playing a more conservative style to cover him up rather than signs of genuine competence. Granted, everyone has nights like this, and I'm probably having an emotional overreaction, but this isn't a new feeling for me. I really don't think he's what my fellow Buffalonians think he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jamie Benn just signed a 5yr deal with Dallas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Jamie Benn just signed a 5yr deal with Dallas.
    Wait... He signed for 5.25M and it took them this long to sign him. The fuck, how much did they offer him at first? 2M?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Wait... He signed for 5.25M and it took them this long to sign him. The fuck, how much did they offer him at first? 2M?
    I think at first the issue was the year length, not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Kings power play is putrid

10+ Year Old Account
    I think at first the issue was the year length, not sure.
    Curious who caved on the year length then. Puts him at 28 so he can leave as an UFA if he wants, figured Dallas would want 3 years so they can sign him long term at age 26, rather than give him the option.

Maybe I'm a sucker, but that Benn contract seems totally fine to me. I don't really get what the big hangup was. If you like Benn in his age 26 season for that price, there's no reason to not like him at 28. I guess longer is always higher risk, but he's about as low risk as you get.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 10:53 PM ----------

That's pretty damned good.