Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The dumpster fire in Edmonton continues. Talbot traded to the Flyers for Stolerz, then they trade for Sam Gagner, who is playing in the AHL for the Toronto Marlies because I guess the Canucks didn't want him on their AHL roster.
    He was in Toronto because he asked the Canucks to move him somewhere close to home if he was going to be in the AHL. They were willing to do that.

Supposedly Matt Duchene is gonna be moved from Ottawa some time in the next 24 hours. We'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Both Duchene and Stone are healthy scratches tonight for Ottawa. Here comes the trade deadline!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Duchene moved to the Blow Jackets for two 1st's (one conditional) and two prospects. I guess the Blue Jackets figure they might as well mortgage their future because Panarin is likely going to walk. Face it though, they have a snowball's chance of getting past the Caps or Bolts in the East.

Man, if I was CBJ I woulda been selling Panarin and Bobrovsky this deadline, but instead they bought. I guess they're hoping for a VGK-esque playoff run?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Man, if I was CBJ I woulda been selling Panarin and Bobrovsky this deadline, but instead they bought. I guess they're hoping for a VGK-esque playoff run?
    I think come July 1st Columbus fans are going to be sitting around realizing just how silly this move was. Right now a good chunk of them are ok with it, but if all 3 walk I think the same people will be calling for someone's head.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they got Dzingle from Ottawa today, somehow they still think they can win their division.

Yeah, I saw that. It'll be kinda hilarious when they get knocked out in the first round after buying in so hard at the deadline. If you're not TBL/Toronto levels of deep in the East, you're not getting anywhere.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I saw that. It'll be kinda hilarious when they get knocked out in the first round after buying in so hard at the deadline. If you're not TBL/Toronto levels of deep in the East, you're not getting anywhere.
    Oh please, we aren't getting out of the second round at this rate, our defense is so inept. And I really don't want to deal with another first round series against Boston unless Bergeron is out for the playoffs and Marchand is permanently suspended :P

Honestly, I am hoping Boston chokes and falls out so we can play the Habs, at least we've got their number this year.

Every time I see Marchand's rat bastard face I want to toss my television.

But yeah, your D is meh. So is ours. We're regularly putting up 3+ goals and have won like 12 games since December.

Nashville has just fallen apart so we are probably out in the first round. Not real sure what the issue is, maybe that Lavi short life span thing has started to kick in a bit later than normal. It's pretty bad.

Man I hope for Columbus' case they get someone signed, losing 4 UFA's of that caliber on July 1st would be sad but funny tbh.

Who would want to sign in Columbus, though? From a hockey standpoint, it's even worse than Buffalo.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who would want to sign in Columbus, though? From a hockey standpoint, it's even worse than Buffalo.
    At least they can sell tickets consistently :P

If you are any player worth their salt, why the hell would you want to play for an asshole like Torts anyway?

We have like 93% attendance in one of the smallest markets in the NHL with an 8 year playoff drought.

- - - Updated - - -

Sabres trade for Brandon Montour from Anaheim, gave up Brendan Guhle (AHL prospect) and a way overvalued 1st. Not a bad move, we needed the solid defenseman.

I expect we might move Risto tomorrow.

Here is the thing, if you are any of those 4 guys you know without the others that thing turns into a rough chance at even making the playoffs, so ultimately I'm guessing if Duchene and Dzingle get from Panarin and Bob that they are leaving no matter what, Columbus is going to need to do one hell of a sale job to get either to stay. I think Duchene has been on enough " building " teams that he is going to want to go somewhere he thinks can win for a while.

Frankly I want to see all 4 walk just because it will be one hell of a show to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems to be one of the busier deadlines with a lot of 2022 compensation picks.

Stone from Ottawa to VGK for a pretty damn good D prospect and a 2nd in 2020.

Lol. The only part of Melnyk that cares for the senators is his liver.

CBJ is taking too many risks imo but I'm hoping they can hold those players by showing they're willing to be competitive.

Fiala for Granlund, Hartman and a 4th for Simmonds. Pretty damn good day and don't burn the first or give up Tolvanen or Fabbro

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Oh Edmonton. Never stop.
    Just thanking Edmonton for nor stopping yet.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its sad that the two biggest dumpster fires are Canadian teams.