Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha get fucked Senaturds and Red Wings

10+ Year Old Account
    I am prepared to make the sacrifice of the Pens getting Lafreniere if that means the Habs or Jets win the Cup.

Can't really believe it happened, mainly because I figured the NHL would rig it for someone lol.

Not gonna lie, if I could guarantee the Preds could get it I would definitely say screw it and loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Can't really believe it happened, mainly because I figured the NHL would rig it for someone lol.

Not gonna lie, if I could guarantee the Preds could get it I would definitely say screw it and loose.
    12.5% to get him is still better than placing 30th in the league to get him, so there's that.

Well things getting back going August 1st in Edmonton and Toronto.

Apparently the players have until Monday to opt out. Apparently Hamonic from Calgary has already done so.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2020-07-11 at 05:07 PM.

So interesting story:

The Devils own the Canucks first round pick in this year's draft. However, it was protected partially - if Vancouver missed the playoffs, the pick moved to 2021.

In a normal year, Vancouver would be missing the playoffs, and the pick to the Devils wouldn't be til 2021.

However, Vancouver is in the playoffs (the NHL has now confirmed stats from the play-in round will be playoff stats), and thus if Vancouver loses in the play-in round, because they've technically "been in the playoffs" their pick goes to the Devils, and that pick could end up being the #1 pick. Even though the lottery a couple weeks ago was for teams that should have missed the playoffs.

No matter what, if Vancouver lose the play-in round, the Devils will be picking in a spot that was supposed to be protected for Vancouver.

Most NHLsy thing to ever NHL.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baertschi (sp?) from the Canucks, Alzner from the Habs, Polak from the Stars and Mike Green from the Oilers have all opted out.

Seattle Kraken it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone else sad we won't see the Whalers battle the Kraken?
    golden opportunity for throwback sweaters
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Seattle Kraken it is.
    Love the name.

People seem weirdly split on Kraken. I think it's pretty cool.

One of the criticisms I hear is, "Why name a team after a fictional monster?" What exactly is the New Jersey team named after?

Dude, my team is named after swords. Two Canadian teams are named after nicknames.......for Canadians. One of the others is named after a leaf. And how many Kings have hailed from Los Angeles? The Columbus team is named after the uniforms Union soldiers wore. How many Penguins live in Pittsburgh outside the zoo?

The Minnesota team is named after goddamn nature.

The best part is, the guy who asked that question wanted the team to be named the Seattle Sockeyes, after a dumb fish. Like, how dumb would that name be?

I don't mind Kraken. There are lots of ways and things to use as logos and lots of ways to take color schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Dude, my team is named after swords. Two Canadian teams are named after nicknames.......for Canadians. One of the others is named after a leaf.
    That's not correct. The Leafs are named after a WW1 regiment. It's why 'Leafs' is the name and not 'Leaves'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I finally have a western conference team to root for. It was going to be the Golden Knights, but they went on that run so I didn't want to be totally bandwagon.

Gonna watch me some sea monsters when my Bruins aren't on
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I might totally be a Kraken fan if the Sabres ruin Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin's careers.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eddie Shack passed this morning at 83

That guy had a pretty legendary stache, if you ask me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if @Armourboy is mad that his Preds are losing to the Yotes

- - - Updated - - -

Torts and his trap hockey can go suck a dick

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not Torts' fault we had less than a third of a team that was interested in competing.

lol the Leafs gunning for Lefreniere, eh?

I'm convinced that unless Sabres turn things around for more than half a season Eichel will leave. I wouldn't even be surprised if he would take a team friendly deal to play in the post season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

could be worse, it could be Guy Boucher running the 1-3-1 again