1. #30041
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,778
    Another year, another Capitals choking in the playoffs. I think they just got lucky when they won the Cup, because they seem to consistently be mediocre in the playoffs. Imagine losing to a team with a non existent fanbase like the Panthers.

  2. #30042
    I didn't even watch the Leafs game because I live 1.2 miles from where 10 people were killed by a mass shooter.....so in the spirit of magnamity, I offer my condolences to our Maple Leafs fans.

  3. #30043
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,663
    Congrats Oilers, they played out of their minds in games 6 and 7. It was a good series, first time losing a game 7 in a long time.
    /s

  4. #30044
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,778
    Le sigh.

    Eric Furlatt, you have no idea how much I'd like to take one of Chara's hockey sticks and shove its entire length up your ass. I honestly can't comprehend how much sheer incompetence it takes to waive off a goal because of a penalty that your dumb ass wasn't calling despite the Leafs having possession at the time of the supposed infraction. Like, that's some galaxy brain decision making. It might not be as egregious as Wes McCauley's 1993 massive fuckup, but it's a pretty huge fuckup.

    Also pretty annoying seeing how tense we played in games 6 and 7. We literally were outplaying Tampa for most of the series and aside from I guess the two bullshit calls that were effectively the deciding factors in games 6 and 7 and playing like ass in game 4, there's zero excuse for not capitalizing on their mistakes with the roster we have.

  5. #30045
    Wait, are you suggesting the interference call on the called-back Tavares goal wasn't interference? I only saw it in a highlight, but it seemed like an okay-ish call to me. I know it's not usual to call interference a guy trailing the puck carrier, but you're simply not allowed to check a guy who doesn't have the puck or didn't just have the puck, and it was a pretty bad pick play to leave Tavares unpressured circle high.

  6. #30046
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,778
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting the interference call on the called-back Tavares goal wasn't interference? I only saw it in a highlight, but it seemed like an okay-ish call to me. I know it's not usual to call interference a guy trailing the puck carrier, but you're simply not allowed to check a guy who doesn't have the puck or didn't just have the puck, and it was a pretty bad pick play to leave Tavares unpressured circle high.
    No, I'm suggesting that if that's a penalty, then you whistle the play dead when it happens rather than letting it keep going on for another 45 seconds, at which point the goal was scored.

  7. #30047
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No, I'm suggesting that if that's a penalty, then you whistle the play dead when it happens rather than letting it keep going on for another 45 seconds, at which point the goal was scored.

    Someday the game will be judged by artificial intelligence, and there will be no such problems. But in general I agree with you.

  8. #30048
    Legendary! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    6,748
    Go, Colorado!!!!

    Winnepeg gives me back my Trashers. You Canadian thieves!!

  9. #30049
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Go, Colorado!!!!

    Winnepeg gives me back my Trashers. You Canadian thieves!!
    Maybe your city should have supported it's team then!

  10. #30050
    Legendary! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    6,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Maybe your city should have supported it's team then!
    Nope, that wasn't the reason. The reason was The Atlanta Spirit, LLC, Bruce Levenson, Michael Gearon Jr., and Gary Bettman. All ownership paying the league minimum in salary that the team could pay. If the NHL and Thrasher's leadership gave a crap they'd still be in Atlanta. The NHL fought tooth and nail to keep the Coyotes in Arizona. Had True North Sports & Entertainment been allowed to buy the Coyotes they'd have moved back to Winnipeg.

  11. #30051
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,663
    I guess Calgary is off the hook for the other failed Atlanta team.
    /s

  12. #30052
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,663
    Is Corey Perry really going to lose in the finals for the third consecutive year? Because I love that.
    /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •