I very rarely follow hockey, I'm attracted to it by the speed of the game, it's just cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody still alive?

Playoffs are here, Kings win their first playoff game since 2016.
    /s

Alive? I still watch hockey at least 3 times a week....

....my team just hasn't been relevant for more than a decade.

Personally I hope my boy Sam Reinhart gets his Cup with the Panthers.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Alive? I still watch hockey at least 3 times a week....

....my team just hasn't been relevant for more than a decade.

Personally I hope my boy Sam Reinhart gets his Cup with the Panthers.
    Doesn't look like that will happen, the Panthers are too inexperienced. Looks like a lot of the first round is going at least 6 games. Huge win for the Leafs tonight and I hope we can close it out on Thursday night with a win on the road. It's been a crazy series with a couple close games and two blowouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Doesn't look like that will happen, the Panthers are too inexperienced. Looks like a lot of the first round is going at least 6 games. Huge win for the Leafs tonight and I hope we can close it out on Thursday night with a win on the road. It's been a crazy series with a couple close games and two blowouts.
    Good luck being up 3-2. I hear that's gone well for the Leafs in the past, in the first round. I also hate that the Leafs have made me cheer for TBL.

P.S. Your take on the Panthers was premature. My boy Samson getting two game-tying goals in the third two games in a row, makes me happy. I must now live vicariously through him.

Also, the lottery happened. No big surprise, the Devils moved up to 2 cause they have all the lottery luck. We're picking 9, 16 (Vegas pick for Jack Eichel), and wherever the Panthers pick (Florida pick for Samson).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck being up 3-2. I hear that's gone well for the Leafs in the past, in the first round. I also hate that the Leafs have made me cheer for TBL.

P.S. Your take on the Panthers was premature. My boy Samson getting two game-tying goals in the third two games in a row, makes me happy. I must now live vicariously through him.

Also, the lottery happened. No big surprise, the Devils moved up to 2 cause they have all the lottery luck. We're picking 9, 16 (Vegas pick for Jack Eichel), and wherever the Panthers pick (Florida pick for Samson).
    It's not like Washington doesn't have a history of choking in the playoffs or anything

What a way to lose possibly a series-clinching game 6. I'll never stop laughing at the Leafs. If they lose Game 7, this game'll be the chef's kiss of the entire series.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a way to lose possibly a series-clinching game 6. I'll never stop laughing at the Leafs. If they lose Game 7, this game'll be the chef's kiss of the entire series.
    Whatever you say, not like your scrub ass team is going anywhere in the next century with that god awful ownership and management you've got

But seriously, they better come out with some big dick energy tomorrow or it's over for them. Tampa looks gassed as hell half the time and seem to be getting some weak ass calls going their way that they manage to capitalize on. That penalty to Kerfoot for high sticking that resulted in the 5 on 3 game tying goal in the 3rd was some soft ass shit considering it was a stick battle and Hedman pulled his stick into his own face. And the refs stuffed their whistles early on at least 3 major calls that should have gone against Tampa in the first period. NHL officiating has been sus as hell this year all across the board, but it's pretty sketchy to me that Tampa has had more calls go their way when it matters most this season. Either call shit by the rule book for everyone or the refs should stuff their whistles in their asses.

I'm actually surprised how bad TBL looks. But any team that signs Zach Bogosian, who couldn't even cut it in Buffalo, on purpose, deserves to be taken to 7 games by the Leafs.

Honestly can't stand them, but only slightly less than I can stand the Leafs.

Weirdly, I can't stand any other teams in the East.

- - - Updated - - -

And there goes my boy Samson to the second round.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another year, another Capitals choking in the playoffs. I think they just got lucky when they won the Cup, because they seem to consistently be mediocre in the playoffs. Imagine losing to a team with a non existent fanbase like the Panthers.

I didn't even watch the Leafs game because I live 1.2 miles from where 10 people were killed by a mass shooter.....so in the spirit of magnamity, I offer my condolences to our Maple Leafs fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats Oilers, they played out of their minds in games 6 and 7. It was a good series, first time losing a game 7 in a long time.
    /s

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Le sigh.

Eric Furlatt, you have no idea how much I'd like to take one of Chara's hockey sticks and shove its entire length up your ass. I honestly can't comprehend how much sheer incompetence it takes to waive off a goal because of a penalty that your dumb ass wasn't calling despite the Leafs having possession at the time of the supposed infraction. Like, that's some galaxy brain decision making. It might not be as egregious as Wes McCauley's 1993 massive fuckup, but it's a pretty huge fuckup.

Also pretty annoying seeing how tense we played in games 6 and 7. We literally were outplaying Tampa for most of the series and aside from I guess the two bullshit calls that were effectively the deciding factors in games 6 and 7 and playing like ass in game 4, there's zero excuse for not capitalizing on their mistakes with the roster we have.

Wait, are you suggesting the interference call on the called-back Tavares goal wasn't interference? I only saw it in a highlight, but it seemed like an okay-ish call to me. I know it's not usual to call interference a guy trailing the puck carrier, but you're simply not allowed to check a guy who doesn't have the puck or didn't just have the puck, and it was a pretty bad pick play to leave Tavares unpressured circle high.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, are you suggesting the interference call on the called-back Tavares goal wasn't interference? I only saw it in a highlight, but it seemed like an okay-ish call to me. I know it's not usual to call interference a guy trailing the puck carrier, but you're simply not allowed to check a guy who doesn't have the puck or didn't just have the puck, and it was a pretty bad pick play to leave Tavares unpressured circle high.
    No, I'm suggesting that if that's a penalty, then you whistle the play dead when it happens rather than letting it keep going on for another 45 seconds, at which point the goal was scored.

No, I'm suggesting that if that's a penalty, then you whistle the play dead when it happens rather than letting it keep going on for another 45 seconds, at which point the goal was scored.

Someday the game will be judged by artificial intelligence, and there will be no such problems. But in general I agree with you.

Go, Colorado!!!!

Winnepeg gives me back my Trashers. You Canadian thieves!!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Go, Colorado!!!!

Winnepeg gives me back my Trashers. You Canadian thieves!!
    Maybe your city should have supported it's team then!

Maybe your city should have supported it's team then!
    Nope, that wasn't the reason. The reason was The Atlanta Spirit, LLC, Bruce Levenson, Michael Gearon Jr., and Gary Bettman. All ownership paying the league minimum in salary that the team could pay. If the NHL and Thrasher's leadership gave a crap they'd still be in Atlanta. The NHL fought tooth and nail to keep the Coyotes in Arizona. Had True North Sports & Entertainment been allowed to buy the Coyotes they'd have moved back to Winnipeg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Calgary is off the hook for the other failed Atlanta team.
    /s