Titan
    Another year, another Capitals choking in the playoffs. I think they just got lucky when they won the Cup, because they seem to consistently be mediocre in the playoffs. Imagine losing to a team with a non existent fanbase like the Panthers.

I didn't even watch the Leafs game because I live 1.2 miles from where 10 people were killed by a mass shooter.....so in the spirit of magnamity, I offer my condolences to our Maple Leafs fans.

Congrats Oilers, they played out of their minds in games 6 and 7. It was a good series, first time losing a game 7 in a long time.
    /s

Titan
    Le sigh.

Eric Furlatt, you have no idea how much I'd like to take one of Chara's hockey sticks and shove its entire length up your ass. I honestly can't comprehend how much sheer incompetence it takes to waive off a goal because of a penalty that your dumb ass wasn't calling despite the Leafs having possession at the time of the supposed infraction. Like, that's some galaxy brain decision making. It might not be as egregious as Wes McCauley's 1993 massive fuckup, but it's a pretty huge fuckup.

Also pretty annoying seeing how tense we played in games 6 and 7. We literally were outplaying Tampa for most of the series and aside from I guess the two bullshit calls that were effectively the deciding factors in games 6 and 7 and playing like ass in game 4, there's zero excuse for not capitalizing on their mistakes with the roster we have.

Wait, are you suggesting the interference call on the called-back Tavares goal wasn't interference? I only saw it in a highlight, but it seemed like an okay-ish call to me. I know it's not usual to call interference a guy trailing the puck carrier, but you're simply not allowed to check a guy who doesn't have the puck or didn't just have the puck, and it was a pretty bad pick play to leave Tavares unpressured circle high.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting the interference call on the called-back Tavares goal wasn't interference? I only saw it in a highlight, but it seemed like an okay-ish call to me. I know it's not usual to call interference a guy trailing the puck carrier, but you're simply not allowed to check a guy who doesn't have the puck or didn't just have the puck, and it was a pretty bad pick play to leave Tavares unpressured circle high.
    No, I'm suggesting that if that's a penalty, then you whistle the play dead when it happens rather than letting it keep going on for another 45 seconds, at which point the goal was scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No, I'm suggesting that if that's a penalty, then you whistle the play dead when it happens rather than letting it keep going on for another 45 seconds, at which point the goal was scored.

Someday the game will be judged by artificial intelligence, and there will be no such problems. But in general I agree with you.

Go, Colorado!!!!

Winnepeg gives me back my Trashers. You Canadian thieves!!

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Go, Colorado!!!!

Winnepeg gives me back my Trashers. You Canadian thieves!!
    Maybe your city should have supported it's team then!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Maybe your city should have supported it's team then!
    Nope, that wasn't the reason. The reason was The Atlanta Spirit, LLC, Bruce Levenson, Michael Gearon Jr., and Gary Bettman. All ownership paying the league minimum in salary that the team could pay. If the NHL and Thrasher's leadership gave a crap they'd still be in Atlanta. The NHL fought tooth and nail to keep the Coyotes in Arizona. Had True North Sports & Entertainment been allowed to buy the Coyotes they'd have moved back to Winnipeg.

I guess Calgary is off the hook for the other failed Atlanta team.
    /s

Is Corey Perry really going to lose in the finals for the third consecutive year? Because I love that.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Is Corey Perry really going to lose in the finals for the third consecutive year? Because I love that.
    Colorado Avalanche win the CUP! Hurray, anytime a team from Tampa loses it's a good thing.

GIVE ME BACK MY THRASHERS YOU CANDIAN WINNEPEG THIEVES!!!!

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Thank god. Rats don't deserve Cups.

The NHL draft is so boring and uneventful. Started 20 minutes ago and they haven't even made the first pick yet.