Quote Originally Posted by V x View Post
    I'm convinced that unless Sabres turn things around for more than half a season Eichel will leave. I wouldn't even be surprised if he would take a team friendly deal to play in the post season.

- - - Updated - - -

could be worse, it could be Guy Boucher running the 1-3-1 again
    Man, it's all the talk in Buffalo. People are waiting for the shoe to drop.

Especially considering he's a Boston boy and the Bruins are gonna wanna replace Bergeron up front soon enough, and they're perennially in the playoffs.

I think I might hurl myself off KeyBank Center if I ever see Eichel centering for fucking Brad Marchand or some fucking shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I wonder if @Armourboy is mad that his Preds are losing to the Yotes

- - - Updated - - -

Torts and his trap hockey can go suck a dick
    Yeah although it wasn't unexpected. That game is what we've seen all season and is one reason many are just ready to blow it up.

The fluke goal wasn't anyone's fault, those crazy things happen from time to time. However, this has got to be the most mentally fragile team I've ever seen.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Not Torts' fault we had less than a third of a team that was interested in competing.
    Yeah. Marner looked like shit for the first 3/4 of the game, and a lot of guys looked like they were still rusty as well. Game 2 should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    lol the Leafs gunning for Lefreniere, eh?
    Honestly, with those odds of getting the #1 pick, I'd take it because next year would have to be their highest odds of winning the Cup ever. Our cap situation is fucked right now, and we have a lot of depth up front on team friendly deals that we could trade to make space for Laffy.

Yeah. Marner looked like shit for the first 3/4 of the game, and a lot of guys looked like they were still rusty as well. Game 2 should be better.
    All game. No idea why he kept passing it into an empty corner without any pressure.

Don't love that we took Engvall off and left Gauthier in when Engvall brings so much more. Sandin should be in the line up too.

Really disappointed with what I saw from Dermott. Ceci took a couple unnecessary penalties.

At least Matthews brought a little intensity, but outside of Freddy only Kapenen looked like he really cared about anything.

And one of the most frustrating things is that they're all trying to make highlight reel goals and not just get the puck on net. Wasting the powerplay is aggravating too.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2020-08-03 at 07:35 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Columbus can die in a fire, what a shitty back team. Turtle hockey is for old people who live boring ass 90's hockey and that whole system needs to die.

Columbus can die in a fire, what a shitty back team. Turtle hockey is for old people who live boring ass 90's hockey and that whole system needs to die.
    No excuse when we can't score a single goal in an elimination game. Embarassing.

Delicious.

All I need now is for Winnipeg, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and Toronto to lose the lottery for Lafreniere tomorrow.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Delicious.

All I need now is for Winnipeg, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and Toronto to lose the lottery for Lafreniere tomorrow.
    Highly unlikely. I'd be most pissed if Edmonton got it, they've had enough kicks at that can over the years.

Rangers get the #1.

I can live with the Rangers. Not a good team, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Any hockey fans who missed that TB CBJ game missed out. 5 OT’s and they were all giving maximum effort the entire time.
    I started watching it from the first puck drop. I eventually took a shower, a nap, and made dinner and I still sat down and watched the last 3 OT periods. Those guys gotta be hurting this morning.

Any hockey fans who missed that TB CBJ game missed out. 5 OT’s and they were all giving maximum effort the entire time.
    Imagine that... giving maximum effort.

When I say that I mean until the game ended everyone was skating as if it was their first shift. In most games that go super long you see guys getting gassed.
    I was just commenting about how my team lacked interest in giving effort.

Tuuka Rask opts out in the middle of Round 1.

I hope everything is alright with him, I appreciate him waiting to make sure the Leafs were eliminated.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of lacking effort, Rask was about as mediocre a goalie as there has been this playoffs. Looked like garbage in the round robin games as well. It's probably for the best that he's out, it was obvious he had given up on the team, now it's just official.

I'm not gonna give anyone crap for wanting to be at home with their family during something like this. Something tells me it took a bunch of convincing to get him there in the first place.

If he wasn't feeling it he's better off and so is the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am all about the Habs. But I was super disappointed to see players start getting hurt for the Jets again. It is what has been happening all season long for them. Little is 99% sure he won’t play hockey ever again. At least professionally.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Mike Millbury got yanked from the US broadcasts after he made some sexist remarks during a game earlier this week. I hope he gets his ass booted from hockey for life because he's just such a stupid useless tool.

Sounds like Mike Millbury got yanked from the US broadcasts after he made some sexist remarks during a game earlier this week. I hope he gets his ass booted from hockey for life because he's just such a stupid useless tool.
    He said "maybe hockey is better in a bubble because women are a distraction." By far not the worst thing he's ever said, but probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    He said "maybe hockey is better in a bubble because women are a distraction." By far not the worst thing he's ever said, but probably the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Yeah, kinda like Don Cherry's stupidity there last year that got him sacked, eventually you can only get away with saying bigoted things so many times before you get sent packing. I don't think Milbury was officially canned, but he likely will be if NBC has any brains