Can barley put up 10k on dummie but I can do 17k-19 in raids easy.

I'm 351ilvl is this about right?

It just amazes me how much a few buffs can do.

Okay then?

Yes that dps is quite solid and this is exactly why everyone who opens a dummy thread should be quietly asked to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

sounds about right my alt is a ilvl 354 Shadow priest i do arounbd 15-16k on a dummy and 22-25k in raid Done a 37k Burst the otherday with Bloodlust and a volcanic + trinket lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Okay then?

Yes that dps is quite solid and this is exactly why everyone who opens a dummy thread should be quietly asked to leave.
    Not a dummy thread its an overall dps thread. get your head out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    Not a dummy thread its an overall dps thread. get your head out of your ass.

You completely misread my post, but thanks for the insult.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    You completely misread my post, but thanks for the insult.
    Sorry if i did, but you come off as sarcastic.

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 04:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xcritoriousx View Post
    sounds about right my alt is a ilvl 354 Shadow priest i do arounbd 15-16k on a dummy and 22-25k in raid Done a 37k Burst the otherday with Bloodlust and a volcanic + trinket lol
    Makes me cry thinking about how much my dk is geared and my spriest blows him how of the water.

the dk in the guild i run with usually beats me, think his unholy.

the dk in the guild i run with usually beats me, think his unholy.
    Was Unholy, but went frost. Unholy is a boring spamfest.

I love the way shadow feels. Just a lot more fun to play then most specs.

I tried my DPS on the dummy as an Enhance Shaman and noticed if I drop my searing totem before I start attacking, it just sits there and goes "lolwut?". So I have to attack and then re-drop it.

hmm i still need to get my dps up i see but yes theres alot of difference between raids and dummy dps

'barely 10k' dps on dummy with 351, you sir, should practise your singletarget rotation (or buff with inner fire b4 dpsing)

Yep, this is how shadow priests roll. I only do around 12-13k on a dummy, then get into raids and do 20k+. A lot of it is usually Dark Intent, which adds something like 2k dps I think. Also, dot classes just tend to scale the most with buffs in general.

Raid buffs, flasks, food, multiple targets, debuffs on bosses = more dps.

Single target(with a bad single target rotation) self buffed = less dps.

/thread
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-04-14 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please take into account, that when you're on a dummy, you will be missing a ton of buffs.

Go visit the raid comp calculator if you should be in doubt about just how many things you are missing, when standing solo on a dummy.

Close this topic please

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is BS. You can't do that much on a dummy and I seriously doubt you are doing that much in raids. Link a parse or recount. In full 359, self buffed you will do 14-15k on the dummy. Maybe push a little higher with a 4 pc set.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    I'm 351ilvl is this about right?

It just amazes me how much a few buffs can do.
    "a few buffs"?
    I don't know what you raid with, but I guess you at least get 5% more stats(i.e. intellect), some spell damage debuff and heroism (and an execute phase? not sure if priests use one). Maybe even AI, 5% crit and other stuff..those are pretty major buffs I think. If you got a warlock then you're in heaven anyway (even after nerfs it will remain a great buff).
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    This is BS. You can't do that much on a dummy and I seriously doubt you are doing that much in raids. Link a parse or recount. In full 359, self buffed you will do 14-15k on the dummy. Maybe push a little higher with a 4 pc set.
    That's pretty much spot on.
    I've got 359 and hit 15.8 on average

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    This is a pretty typical reaction. 15-16k on a dummy is <359 ilevel typically. About halfway between heroic gear and raid gear, so claiming that at 354 average ilevel is pretty accurate. 22-25k depending on the fights involved is pretty normal too.

In any case, most classes gain ~40% DPS in raids, but Shadow gains almost 50% because they rely so heavily on Dark Intent. If you can do 19k in raids you should be able to do 12-13k on a dummy. Depending on the fight involved doing 10k on a dummy and 19k may be about right. For instance are you doing fights like Halfus, Valiona, Council, Magmaw, Omnitron, or Maloriak? Those are all fights where Shadow Priests perform better mechanically than they do on other fights. In many of those cases 19k even for a player in heroic gear is pathetic. Valiona in particular is a good testing ground for Shadow Priests and Moonkin. Did you do less than 20k DPS? Okay, you don't deserve to DPS. People were able to push 20k+ on Shadow Priests and Moonkin in December.

Either way who cares about what you do on a dummy? If you only do 17-19k in raids you should work on improving that. If dummies help you do that then great, otherwise it's unimportant. In this case the primary problem is your low-end gear. Practice on a dummy isn't going to help you much.